Octavia build dates for new orders

Heard back from my dealer today who has told me there has been notification of it leaving Sheerness yet :( Have been told that if it's still there by next Tuesday he will call up and inquire as it would have been sitting around at the port for around a week by then. So no idea really when I'm expecting to get mine. I told the dealer I wasn't fussed about the plate either. Just out of curiosity, why have some people contacted Skoda UK instead of just asking the dealer?

I kept asking SUK because the dealer never kept me up to date. By the time the car arrived at the dealer, the salesman "no longer worked" for them.

They subsequently blamed him for all issues regarding the poor after sales service.

SUK did a great job of telling me the state of play when asked.

My VRS is now at the dealers Wk30 Build but they are keeping it til September the 5th handover for me so that I get the new 65 Plate. They even let me choose my Reg Plate from a list. :clap:

I kept asking SUK because the dealer never kept me up to date. By the time the car arrived at the dealer, the salesman "no longer worked" for them.

They subsequently blamed him for all issues regarding the poor after sales service.

SUK did a great job of telling me the state of play when asked.

That's a real shame, the guy at my dealership has done a great job keeping me updated! At least it's in the past now :)

My VRS is now at the dealers Wk30 Build but they are keeping it til September the 5th handover for me so that I get the new 65 Plate. They even let me choose my Reg Plate from a list. :clap:

Lucky you! Think mine was a week 27 build, out of curiosity, when did you order? Not long now :)

Lucky you! Think mine was a week 27 build, out of curiosity, when did you order? Not long now :)

Not sure exactly its complicated, but its been quicker than the dealer expected and they informed me at every stage when it left the factory, arrived at port etc.

Not sure exactly its complicated, but its been quicker than the dealer expected and they informed me at every stage when it left the factory, arrived at port etc.

That's good, how long did it take from the port to dealer?

Tanto20, yes I've very surprised. Last update from the dealer was best case end of September if no delays, but probably October.

From other forum's lease cars normally get priority over private sales (at lease for sure with Mercedes-Benz). 

So I learned that my VRS is sat awaiting PDI at my local dealers....so after hours I sneaked onto the forecourt and there she is...still wrapped up it protective transport decals and tape like an Xmas Present.

Loads of photos taken, kinda cool to see it with all the seats and paintwork still wrapped up.

As s On as I can bloody figure it out I'll pop a couple of pics on here.

Now I've got my car, is there anything which will tell me what the build week was? The closest I've managed to find is the part of the VIN which confirms that it's MY16.

Now I've got my car, is there anything which will tell me what the build week was? The closest I've managed to find is the part of the VIN which confirms that it's MY16.

Phone Skoda UK with the chassis number or even better the comm (dealership order) number and they should give you build week

Spoke with my dealer today, my VRS (week 29 build) is on the train to Emden and they are hopeful it will be on a ferry this Saturday to Ireland! He is due to call me on Thursday again to confirm it will make the ferry. The torturous wait is nearly over!

• Like 3

Wait for the new reg.....hmm......predicament that one but I can't, looks like I'll be one of the last 15plates

Speak with your dealer, Mine have let me do the hand over in September so that I can choose my own 65 plate. The cars been ready since last week but im going on holiday to France next week so might as well put the millage on the trade in and collect new car when I get back. Would be nice to go in the new car but better to have a 65 plate.

Just rang skodauk to track my order. Ordered june 28th expected at retailer early October. I make that 14 weeks! I only had to wait 7 for my mk2. Does adding quite a few extras tend to delay it?

Just rang skodauk to track my order. Ordered june 28th expected at retailer early October. I make that 14 weeks! I only had to wait 7 for my mk2. Does adding quite a few extras tend to delay it?

My original order was due in October (order 6th June), but I've been told that it should be at the dealership by 18th August.

Certain options have longer waiting times due to availability of parts etc.

As above I ordered beginning of June and was told week 40 for a build date. That was then brought forward to 36 and then even further forward. Have just been given our (65) reg number and been told it should be with the dealer shortly. So dates can change!

Octavia VRS Manual Diesel estate, black design pack, sunset glass, front parking sensors, Amundsen sat nav (FOC on MY16) ordered on PCH deal via Simpsons Skoda.

Ordered 26th June (week 26)

Advised delivery would be 10-12 weeks so middle to end of september

I Called Skoda UK today and they have given me an unconfirmed build date of Week 38, 14th september, and advised it can then take around 4 weeks to be ready for collection (unconfirmed because of the factory shutdown)

So in reality this is going to be middle of october which is causing me some issues as I wanted to sell my car at beginning of september before it turns three years old.

Edited by GuyVXT

"I have contacted Skoda this morning. They are going to get in touch with the port and let me know tomorrow with a better idea of when your car should be delivered to us." received this morning, hopefully the wait is nearly over.

Purchase Date: 04 August 2015

Tentative Delivery Date: End September/Beginning October

Build Date: Dealer advised week 39 from live system

Spec:

- vRS TDI DSG Estate

- Quartz Grey Metallic

- Quite a few options

Fingers crossed for on time delivery!

• Like 1