Octavia build dates for new orders

Phone Skoda UK with the chassis number or even better the comm (dealership order) number and they should give you build week

I'm surprised it's apparently not included on a label stuck on the card somewhere or in the documentation. Most mass produced electronic products include the year and week of manufacture somewhere on them.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

Just had an email from my dealer (Naas) and the car didnt make the fecking ferry! and looks like it will be 3 weeks until the next one and 2 weeks after that before I will get the car. 

Apparently the ferry has a 700 car capacity and there was 1000 cars on the dock and mine was left in the 300 remaining cars! 

They should introduce simply clever PDI Service at the docks in Emden whereby if your car is left at the dock you can fly over, collect it and drive it home! 

• Like 2

Might say the production week on the data sticker under the boot floor or in the service book.

I did look at those, but I couldn't see anything that obviously looked like a week number and year.

Just had an email from my dealer (Naas) and the car didnt make the fecking ferry! and looks like it will be 3 weeks until the next one and 2 weeks after that before I will get the car. 

Apparently the ferry has a 700 car capacity and there was 1000 cars on the dock and mine was left in the 300 remaining cars! 

They should introduce simply clever PDI Service at the docks in Emden whereby if your car is left at the dock you can fly over, collect it and drive it home! 

or if you wanted to go to the Skoda factory in the Czech Rep. and collect it.

Mercedes-Benz offer this service from the brenum factory (spelling?) (though you do have to pay for it).

I feel your pain, mine missed the last boat, its on this one but its not left yet. Would have been quite happy to drive it from Emden or even Mlada Boleslav. Have driven a few new cars from Germany in the past, quite nice actually. 

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

That's really annoying. Adding to the torture!

• Like 1

or if you wanted to go to the Skoda factory in the Czech Rep. and collect it.

Mercedes-Benz offer this service from the brenum factory (spelling?) (though you do have to pay for it).

Bremen, also where Becks is brewed.

Waiting for mine also. Its at Emden so hopefully will get shipped any day now.

Edited by glosrich
  • Like 1

Ordered my VRS diseasel kombi 13th June, signed the papers today and collect tomorrow. BOOM!

**Gets out voodoo doll** not jealous at all!!

The build lottery strikes again lol

Didn't even have the conversation with the dealer...told me that I was getting a 65 plate!

same here, although I'm happy to have a 65'er.......I wouldn't have known it was in the UK until Skoda UK told me. The same day I got an email to sign the registration doc for a 65 plate.

Weser highway ship currently docked in Grimsby.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:416564/zoom:10

Came over from Emden last night.

Hope our cars are on it.

The Weser Highway has just pulled up outside my office window so she won't have any Skoda's on this time. Will be full of BMW's.

post-133215-0-89048100-1439891230_thumb.jpg

post-133215-0-03170200-1439891240_thumb.jpg

Edited by GuyVXT