Octavia build dates for new orders

Are there different parts of the dock for different manufacturers?

Sort of. I'm based at the port of Immingham and the Container Terminal here that handles the car ferry's is mainly importing BMW's at the moment. There used to be Mazdas and Mercedes coming in but they have moved elsewhere. It changes every so often due to who wins the contracts etc. There are also separate parts of Immingham Dock operated by DFDS Seaways that bring in Kias.

All the Volkswagen group cars up here come via Grimsby River Terminal. Then there are Toyotas that come via the main part of Grimsby dock.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Terminal-accolade-engineering-body/story-20837632-detail/story.html

• Like 1

Hi,

ordered O3 1.8 TSI DSG 4x4 Liftback version on 5th August, today I got confirmation it will be produced on week 38 (mid September), plus around 2 weeks for transport to Poland. If dates won't move, it will be 6 weeks for production since ordering :-)

Hi All

We ordered our first Octavia on 16th July and have just had a call to say it will hopefully be built on week 36 but this is unconfirmed. Working in a car plant myself I know things can go upside rather quickly but hoping it all runs smoothly and we have the keys for the start of October. (Fingers Crossed)

So just had a email from my dealer and my car will be on the Emden ferry docking in Dublin on August 31st. They reckon 7-10 days after that I should be in it. I ordered on June 5th and it was built week 29, so all in all it looks like 3 months which is not so bad. 

The end of the waiting is in sight!  :D  :D  :D

Well ...... I don't know how its happened but our car was due to be built week 35 (this week).

Today (day 4 of Wk35) I get a call from my dealer telling me the car is going to be with them a week today and could I collect it on the Saturday after that.

WOO HOO....

Originally it was going to be delivered after we had set off on an 8 week tour of Canada and the States, but now we will get to drive it up to London before we leave, meaning we would not get it until the 2nd of November.

• Like 1

Crossing my fingers - my car is scheduled to be built tomorrow - then about 4 weeks getting it to Sweden..... can't wait :D 

Almost time to book some time on a track to learn the 4x4 in slippery conditions 

asked the dealer today if the dates for my car was as stated earlyer. the week for the build was as planned(Next week)
the date for the delivery at the dealer was suddently two more weeks than before. now i have to wait until second week of october.
5 weeks to transport the car and make it ready for delivery is .... 5 weeks :no:

ordered 13 of july. so that would make it around 3 months.

asked the dealer today if the dates for my car was as stated earlyer. the week for the build was as planned(Next week)

the date for the delivery at the dealer was suddently two more weeks than before. now i have to wait until second week of october.

5 weeks to transport the car and make it ready for delivery is .... 5 weeks :no:

ordered 13 of july. so that would make it around 3 months.

Still quicker than mine! Ordered 28th June, quotes October sometime at last check

Ordered mine 25th June rang me 2 days ago to tell me it was built and it would be with me in 5 weeks

I ordered 26th June, not heard anything yet but hopefully will soon then. 5 weeks to get it to Belfast then? Oh well, at least the end is in sight!

I ordered 26th June, not heard anything yet but hopefully will soon then. 5 weeks to get it to Belfast then? Oh well, at least the end is in sight!

Hopefully you hear something soon!

Edited by Chr1573

Ordered early June and picking up next week (just been waiting on 1 September to come around).

Good to hear :)

Still waiting to get my collection date, if it's not next week the it will have to be after the 12th of September.

But I'm not in a rush to get mine as much as I've changed my holiday plans now.

Crossing my fingers - my car is scheduled to be built tomorrow - then about 4 weeks getting it to Sweden..... can't wait :D

Almost time to book some time on a track to learn the 4x4 in slippery conditions 

Just got really good news today - the systems wasn't updated last week, so the builddate I got was wrong. My new ride left the factory 25/8 .... now I just have to wait 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Anybody know which route/car-carriers the cars travel for Malmö/Scania ? 

Just got really good news today - the systems wasn't updated last week, so the builddate I got was wrong. My new ride left the factory 25/8 .... now I just have to wait 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Anybody know which route/car-carriers the cars travel for Malmö/Scania ? 

*crossing fingers* - can see Schelde Highway is scheduled to arrive in Malmö port 8/9 after a detour via Grimsby .... hope it brings some good stuff for me (and a quick delivery to my dealer at the other side of town) :-)