What about the things that annoy you?

I don't like the instrument dials not being illuminated even tho the dial pointers are when no lights are on.

Looks sh##e

I believe mine get brighter or darker without any lights on except the drls.

Can you advise me guys?

On the Bolero system, what's the best way to get the SD card album artwork to move when you want to browse it?

I tap it with my finger and then try and drag it to browse, but its very hit and miss. Sometimes wont move for ages.

Its no iPad, not very responsive...

Mine don't unfold until I switch the ignition key round to position 1. Wonder why yours is different. As mine is different to yours, then perhaps there is a way of changing it.

I'd bet it's a coding option. It was on the A3, although after a dealer service it also appeared on the MMI menu too.

Something that is really starting to annoy me.

Turn on the rear wiper and it washes the screen as the difference between wipe and wash wipe is so sensitive!

• Like 2

Thing that really annoys me, auto wipers not detecting overnight condensation when you turn on the car in morning no matter how sensitive the setting is I always have to manually wipe them! Every other car I've had does it straight away but the Octy needs 30 seconds to wake up!

Thing that really annoys me, auto wipers not detecting overnight condensation when you turn on the car in morning no matter how sensitive the setting is I always have to manually wipe them! Every other car I've had does it straight away but the Octy needs 30 seconds to wake up!

I like that it is like that. Means it wont wipe when frozen solid. Mine always wipe when I start to drive, never before setting of

• Like 4

Good point never thought of that haha!

I lost count of how many wipers I ruined on my Mondeo by leaving it on Auto in winter. That car always wiped once at startup. Really moronic design.

What gets me is the car doors etc lock even if one is left lying open to the world never mind just not caught properly on the catch ... my C5 wouldn't lock if any if the doors, hatch or bonnet weren't shut properly

No dash light to show when headlights are on irritates me, especially when it's been foggy in the day and I'm uncertain if my lights are actually on with auto.

There's a light on the switch.

• Like 1

Which MY was that MY14?

Can't remember now, but I think so. My first O3 had them fold out on ignition. There was a lot of discussion at the time on the Golf VII forums, and the coding and adaptations were identical between modules.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

First 1000 miles: Octy 1.4 150PS Manual Estate SE L.

35.6 average since new MPG with 79 'green' driving rating - I cannot get over 39 mpg on long runs. Less than I was hoping.

Standard headlights are 'orrible.  Too orange, too short throw and far too weak and the cut off is abrupt with little light graduation.  I need to change these as they are a nightmare on B roads at night.

Second gear is rather long, in that I am finding that I have to select frist gear even when rolling up to 10mph to get the engine to pick up.  Annoying in traffic.

Reverse gear and sometimes first gear are diffcult to select - needs a quick 'any gear - foot off clutch - foot on clutch - back into reverse / first' shimmy to select.  Been doing this since day one, not got better.  Maybe needs a checkup later.

Engine; whilst being ok in the mid-range (typical small displacement turbo) lacks any meaningful power low down or high up in the rev range.  I'm used to a lot more power, so i'll live with this.  Fully loaded with passengers, I need another 100HP!

Occassional 'Crashy' rear suspension - typical of a live axle setup.

Park assist is best left to the grannies.  Needs a gang plank to get to the kerb. Won't fit into anything that a 90 year old grandmother couldn't fit into herself.

Front assist - has scared the pants off me twice by slamming on my brakes whilst overtaking a turning car. Have modified my driving behaviour now :)  (in this car)

Smartlink - I'm not paying £150 to activate that! 

Love the car though - all small niggles that I don't think about often. In retrospect I wish I'd ordered a bigger engine and better headlights.  Everything else is great. 

I lost count of how many wipers I ruined on my Mondeo by leaving it on Auto in winter. That car always wiped once at startup. Really moronic design.

To be fair, it was left in auto. Auto is exactly that, auto. Once you give the car power, then the wipers may well do what they are designed to do in auto. Put them back in manual then they wont get ruined. If you forget to put them in manual, well thats the drivers fault, not the cars.

Its as if you want the car to remember everything you forget. The car can help, but it isnt there to totally replace the human brain.

To be fair, it was left in auto. Auto is exactly that, auto. Once you give the car power, then the wipers may well do what they are designed to do in auto. Put them back in manual then they wont get ruined. If you forget to put them in manual, well thats the drivers fault, not the cars.

Its as if you want the car to remember everything you forget. The car can help, but it isnt there to totally replace the human brain.

Well, both my old Bora and now the octy was smart enough designed to not do that.

On the Mondeo they were simply not clever.