What about the things that annoy you?

I think that applies to a lot of its functions.

When I first got it I went through cancelling quite a lot!

Wish I could get rid of the stop-start without having to turn it off every time I start the engine.

Start Stop can be permanently disabled

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well, I find that I need to adjust it, dark country roads and in and out of towns. The system is overly complicated, just my opinion.

Maybe the ambient light sensor is faulty on yours as it should be adjusting itself.

Mine keeps unlocking itself while the keys are in my pocket. While it should relock itself if no doors are opened, I've twice found the tailgate not properly shut and I think this has caused the alarm to go off in moderate wind. However I can't find any combination of buttons on the key that will open the tailgate rather than just unlocking it.

I've never had a car with an alarm, so I don't know how sensitive they usually are. I'm not convinced a 1.2 l SE Skoda really needs an alarm at all.

Edited by Rodge

Rodge mate, noting the number of entries you have made in this section, are you sure you have the right car for you?  :)

What sort of key fob do you have? how many buttons does it have? Mine has 3 buttons and the middle on it is to unlock and (I think) partially open the rear tailgate.

The thing that used to catch me out on mine is that if you fail to get the tailgate closure just right and you then you press the button (electronic button under the lift bar) to release and  lift the tailgate, you then have to wait one or two seconds until you hear the rear lock reset before you can close it properly again.

It seems like an eternity after the 'instantaneous' conventional mechanical release on older cars.

It used to annoy me until I worked it out.

After I checked it last night it was open again this morning. I had to stop and get out to close it.

It's a three button key with the boot in the middle. I know the buttons are sometimes getting pressed in my pocket, but when I deliberately press the middle button it unlocks but doesn't open the boot. It's an estate, if it makes any difference.

After I checked it last night it was open again this morning. I had to stop and get out to close it. It's a three button key with the boot in the middle. I know the buttons are sometimes getting pressed in my pocket, but when I deliberately press the middle button it unlocks but doesn't open the boot. It's an estate, if it makes any difference.

Are you absolutely sure! 

I just tested it on my estate (albeit the base Australian spec) and pressing the middle fob button for less than a second unlocks the rear tailgate so it that it can be lifted  by then pressing the electronic release button under the lift bar.

Press the middle fob button for longer, about 2 seconds, and it unlocks AND releases the tailgate so it can be lifted without any additional action.

You must have something in your pocket that is pressing against it, or just pleased to see people (apologies to Mae West).

Or your middle fob button is oversensitive. If the latter then take it back to the dealer as there is nothing worse than having an alarm go off at night from an inadvertent premature release....

I cannot find anything in the manual to confirm the two distinct fob unlock and release actions, but it is sort of consistent with the ability to open/close windows remotely by extended holding down the unlock / lock fob buttons.

After I checked it last night it was open again this morning. I had to stop and get out to close it.It's a three button key with the boot in the middle. I know the buttons are sometimes getting pressed in my pocket, but when I deliberately press the middle button it unlocks but doesn't open the boot. It's an estate, if it makes any difference.

Have you tried using your spare key to see if that is any different? Do you have lots of other things in your pockets, other keys could press the buttons.

Has this turned into a "how many things do put in your pocket" thread? Why not use a pocket without anything else in it. Just for a day. See what happens. That way if it still happens, and nothing else can physically have pushed the button, call in a priest for an exorcism. If it is fine, then sort your pockets out. My key is no more or less sensitive than any other I've had, so I'd be guessing Pocket Content Management is the cause here. Hope you get it resolved soon either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting how many moans are about super-advanced electronic toys fitted to the latest cars. So many seem to cause grumbles rather than pleasure!

Reminds me of when I bought a new mobile phone and told the assistant I wanted it to only do phone calls and texts - no games, photos, music or other APPPPPS.

He knew exactly what I meant and sold me a neat little Samsung for £16.

Perhaps we need  a new Octavia model, the Octavia NJT (No Junk Thanks!)

Instead, get that clunky gear-change sorted out.

• Like 1

After I checked it last night it was open again this morning. I had to stop and get out to close it.It's a three button key with the boot in the middle. I know the buttons are sometimes getting pressed in my pocket, but when I deliberately press the middle button it unlocks but doesn't open the boot. It's an estate, if it makes any difference.

As previously mentioned I think you must have something pushing the boot unlock button for a couple of seconds. On press on the boot unlock, will unlock the boot but you will still need to press the boot release. A long press will unlock and release the boot. (although with no electric tailgate and the struts not being strong enough to pop it open I am not sure what use that is...

I have a feeling it might be enabling traffic sign recognition that is causing the problem. Someone lend me a MY16 vRS for a few months I'll be able to confirm :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Would be very interested to hear your findings!
  • Like 1

Yes, I discovered that the tailgate opens if the button is held down. The tailgate button sticks out, unlike the other buttons which are recessed. This is unfortunate because if the unlock button is pressed accidentally the car will relock itself if no doors are opened, whereas if the tailgate button is held down the tailgate opens and stays open. I had occasionally noticed the headlights coming on when a button was accidentally pressed but I had assumed it was the unlock button and it would relock itself.

The basic problem is that the key is enormous and the most critical button sticks out. I'm not sure what to do about this. Not a problem I had with the Focus.

Yes, I discovered that the tailgate opens if the button is held down. The tailgate button sticks out, unlike the other buttons which are recessed. This is unfortunate because if the unlock button is pressed accidentally the car will relock itself if no doors are opened, whereas if the tailgate button is held down the tailgate opens and stays open. I had occasionally noticed the headlights coming on when a button was accidentally pressed but I had assumed it was the unlock button and it would relock itself.The basic problem is that the key is enormous and the most critical button sticks out. I'm not sure what to do about this. Not a problem I had with the Focus.

To be fair the key is pretty standard. I've not had an issue with the key at all and I think pocket organisation might be a simpler fix. Or stop wearing super tight skinny jeans ;-)

Ok 3 months in, the start stop is driving me mad! Reckon I'll need to try and get it switched off permanently.

The headlights are also poor, the most annoying thing is xenons aren't included on a scout for the price.Brighter bulbs are needed for winter.

Absolutely nothing ! I got mine today and love it to bits ! Can't imagine a single thing that will drive me mad about it ......yet ! Except the past owners choice of budget tyres and you can hardly blame the car or manufacturer for that.

the most critical button sticks out. I'm not sure what to do about this.

There are key protectors on Ebay that stand slightly proud of the buttons so that the centre one doesn't stick out. They also - and I apologise if I'm stating the obvious here - protect the key.

• Like 1

There are key protectors on Ebay that stand slightly proud of the buttons so that the centre one doesn't stick out. They also - and I apologise if I'm stating the obvious here - protect the key.

That sounds useful, I've not come across them before and the key does seem to be getting quite badly scuffed. For now I've tried turning it around on my keyring so that it faces away from my other car key and towards other keys instead.