Show Us Your Ride - Past & Present Bike Pics

FUBAR

Cheers guys

well the original inspiration for the project was this

radical-ducati-9-1-2-half-3.jpg

Radical Ducati's 9 1/2 Race Bike, the plan is to build my take on a road legal version but using slightly more modern components

That looks awesome! Im well into that :D.

Bet you cant wait to finish it

• 1 month later...

this is my first 'big' bike and I'm loving it!! Passed my test about 4 weeks ago but only picked this up a week or so ago

It's a 99' SRAD so it's pretty old but in fairly good condition for its age (sorry not a better pic but don't have many yet)

28008071822_5b328c4066_c.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A few of mine

I had a BMW fetish for a while

K1100RS was owned by an airline pilot

271472248_25945e9904_o.jpg

I personally reckon this was the best roadbike I ever owned

271472175_38700a4e99_z.jpg?zz=1

R850R am absolute vargain

7473274938_cdfebdd9bc_z.jpg

Then I went all Honda

CB1300 the torque monster

237890580_15ec46d2d7_o.jpg

Never got on with the VTEC

271472520_6b48325fbc_o.jpg

Loved my VFR800 the one I should not have sold

271472371_7e1aa9c59a_o.jpg

The missile

3924965765_f89a681e17_z.jpg?zz=1

The work hack CB900 Hornet

2582814533_08753a32f5_z.jpg

The high miler VFR750FS but ran like clockwork

633981102_613e34b24d_z.jpg

Then as I got older but still wanted two wheels some comfort and a bit of go I bought this Gilera ST200

7710487108_04e069cfbc_c.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 1

Nice one! 

Alot to be said for the R1150GS i think. My dad had one and said it was the most solid bike he'd had.. much more solid than the later ones. 

It needed to be solid mind.. he got rear ended by a taxi in Amsterdam on it.. still rode it home... but it was a write off :D

• Like 1

Nice one! 

Alot to be said for the R1150GS i think. My dad had one and said it was the most solid bike he'd had.. much more solid than the later ones. 

It needed to be solid mind.. he got rear ended by a taxi in Amsterdam on it.. still rode it home... but it was a write off :D

They are mega solid mine was the Adventure version so even more solid. Love that boxer engine. 

• Like 1

Oh no!  Not another BMW nut? :D:notme:

Not so much now but back in the day they were underrated. I also had a K1200RS but for some reason I have no pics

• Like 2

This is my real-life ride, best bike I have ever had...

2mnoxtc.jpg

and this is my new retirement toy, I have not spent so much time in the garage for years, I love the smell of smoking oil in the morning...

16m8znk.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Should of added these back in March  :D

Collection from Warr's H-D in Kings Road, Chelsea

th_IMG_0058.jpg

New arrival at home following a ride via. the Oakdene Cafe in Wrotham, Kent

th_IMG_0064.jpg

th_IMG_0061.jpg

103 Cubic Inch (1690cc) FXDBC Dyna Street Bob Limited in Denim Black

I know that Harley's aren't everybody's cup of tea but I love them, haters need not apply! 

Edited by Prykey

• 3 months later...

Long story short, passed my bike test in the early 80s, just before the 2-part test came in, on one of these.....

Honda C90

ebay_121706479917_1.jpg

Over thirty years of 4-wheel travelling later I decided to get back into it, and bought one of these.......

Gilera ST200 Runner

SAM_0120R_zpsa9844f49.jpg

Shortly after I decided I was quite enjoying it, so chopped it in for one of these.......

Honda Forza 300, which I tastefully modified to this :)

20161022_125142_HDR_zpsywymf7br.jpg

And now, mainly due to a brilliant discount and 0% PCP deal, I'm going for one of these.........

Honda Crosstourer Highlander-T DCT

14907242_1382856178411646_27826126224290

The Crosstourer is the DCT variant, so the equivalent of a 2-wheeled DSG, which suits me down to the ground

It's a slight cubic capacity increase from 279 to 1237, there's a weight hike from 194kg to 287kg, and a subtle power surge from 26bhp to 131bhp

Will take a little getting used to, but I'm looking forward to the challenge

:)

• Like 1

Blimey Bri!  That is a bit of a jump.  Good on you.  Great time of year to be getting a brand new bike. :no:

Can I suggest you give this Guy a call?  Used him for the last couple of years and he is excellent, the bike is showroom when he finishes with it and he isn't expensive.

http://[email protected]

• Like 1

Brimma, I test rode the Crosstourer and liked it a lot. It's not up with the big adventure bikes but as a road biased trail bike it's great and as Fabiam said the engine is so smooth with linear torque it actually pulls like a train. Suspension is on the budget side and some progressive springs might sort it out a bit as it wallowed and crashed a bit but never actually lost control.  The riding position was really comfy too for me at 6' tall with no buffeting on the standard screen.

The DCT gearbox takes a bit of getting used to, especially when you keep trying to grab a clutch lever that doesn't exist. Slow moving traffic you need to go back to basics as you don't have a clutch to slip so need to use the back brake and throttle instead. On the open road it really shifts through the gears like nothing else I've ridden. It is the future for bikes once they make it a bit lighter.

The weight I didn't find an issue as most of it is low down and once moving it disappears even getting it on the centre stand was easy. It only comes into play when you're having to man handle it around and I would imagine fully loaded that will be more evident especially if you're short in the leg department.

Did you go for the white one, as in the picture? That was my preferred colour looked really good in the sunlight, the red was nice too but the silver was horrible.

kin 'ell the seat looks higher than the top box on the Forza ! Did you get a test ride? If not the big ADV bikes are in general fairly easy to manage, but they can catch you out and decide to have a lie down when you're coming to a stop or when you're doing low speed maneuvering. Other than that they're a nice place to be :thumbup:

Enjoy your new bike Bri. ;)

• Like 1

kin 'ell the seat looks higher than the top box on the Forza ! Did you get a test ride? If not the big ADV bikes are in general fairly easy to manage, but they can catch you out and decide to have a lie down when you're coming to a stop or when you're doing low speed maneuvering. Other than that they're a nice place to be :thumbup:

Enjoy your new bike Bri. ;)

Helps when you can reach the floor though? ;):D :D.

Im a big believer in the adv seating position now. The best of all worlds n defo the way forward imo.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the positive comments

Reaching for the clutch lever won't be an issue as I've never had one :)

I read reviews and they all said the engine is a peach, and as I'm non-mechanical I liked the idea of shaft drive

I'll try to get some proper pictures when it arrives tomorrow

• Like 1

I read reviews and they all said the engine is a peach, and as I'm non-mechanical I liked the idea of shaft drive

Like going from a 1.0 Fiesta to a Range Rover SVR :D.

Im still surprised you hadnt bought the Street Triple that i posted in the 'What did you do to your bike today' thread

Good man...we know you're never short of pictures :D

Will you be needing any new kit Bri, or have you got some decent textiles already. If not and you know your sizes places like FC moto and Bikerland in Germany are usually a lot cheaper for the high end stuff than what you'd pay in the UK

Good man...we know you're never short of pictures :D

Will you be needing any new kit Bri, or have you got some decent textiles already. If not and you know your sizes places like FC moto and Bikerland in Germany are usually a lot cheaper for the high end stuff than what you'd pay in the UK

Thanks for the advice, I've used FC moto for Dainese jacket and trousers before

Won't be going for the light grey/sand adventure gear though, I'll stick with the black :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, I've used FC moto for Dainese jacket and trousers before

Won't be going for the light grey/sand adventure gear though, I'll stick with the black :)

He he, I've got Black Rukka stuff too. Pro gortex is the dogs and other bike gear manufacturers like Klimm use it as well as Rukka