Superb Order tracker

When is BW2 not a BW2?

I had a confirmed BW2 for my car a couple of weeks back, but I now understand that it hasn't been built at all and they're hoping for this week (BW3).

Is this minor slippage common?

you have to remember we still have till 17th in bw2

Is that them contacting you all these times?

Usually the dealer contacts me each Monday, bit I occasionally check with Skoda UK customer services who has always confirmed the dealer info.

There does seem to be some confusion as to whether we're in BW2 or BW3 right now!

BW 2 started on the 10/11th of Jan.  There is a reason, 2015 had 53 BWs the 53rd of which cut into Jan this year so BW 1 started on the 3rd/4th of Jan the see the calendar below.  I was given this information by SUK and checked it by Googling 2016 calendar with weeks.

EDIT.  Sad to say the forum won't let me show the calendar but no problem just Google as above.  Various dates as it depends on which day you consider to be the first day of the week.  For those of you sitting in nice warm offices its probably Monday for those of us covering 24/365 it will be Sunday.

Edited by rafmike

BW 2 started on the 10/11th of Jan. There is a reason, 2015 had 53 BWs the 53rd of which cut into Jan this year so BW 1 started on the 3rd/4th of Jan the see the calendar below. I was given this information by SUK and checked it by Googling 2016 calendar with weeks.

EDIT. Sad to say the forum won't let me show the calendar but no problem just Google as above. Various dates as it depends on which day you consider to be the first day of the week. For those of you sitting in nice warm offices its probably Monday for those of us covering 24/365 it will be Sunday.

Oh yes! So it probably still will be BW2! Edited by thewinelake

BW 2 started on the 10/11th of Jan.  There is a reason, 2015 had 53 BWs the 53rd of which cut into Jan this year so BW 1 started on the 3rd/4th of Jan the see the calendar below.  I was given this information by SUK and checked it by Googling 2016 calendar with weeks.

EDIT.  Sad to say the forum won't let me show the calendar but no problem just Google as above.  Various dates as it depends on which day you consider to be the first day of the week.  For those of you sitting in nice warm offices its probably Monday for those of us covering 24/365 it will be Sunday.

Oh yes! So it probably still will be BW2!

Confused! When I spoke to SUK on Monday they said my car was unconfirmed BW6 and mentioned the 1st February which I have to say I thought was week 7. Spoke to the dealer today and they confirmed the information given by SUK.

Ordered mine on 23rd Dec, and have unconfirmed build week 10

Hoping it will be here by end March, but keeping fingers crossed.

2.0TDI 150PS SEL Exec Hatchback Manual Gearbox

Jungle Green

Black Alcantara

Modus Alloys

Rear Wiper

Heated Windscreen

LED Package Plus

Rear Parking Camera

Good luck with that, i ordered at start of Nov and dont expect to see the car before mid April

• Like 1

Mine was ordered same time and is apparently on way to dealer.

How is that possible when people have been waiting months on months yet they are supplying newer orders prior they really need to get this sorted makes no sense at all. But good luck I hope you get it soon.

Car is in the country.

TDi 150 SE-L hatch which I ordered on 3rd Sept from Coast2Coast.

I'm getting it delivered in the new year and have asked for it to be registered as a 2016.

Cheers

Rory

Took delivery of car today. It was meant to be delivered yesterday and I sat at home until receiving a call at 15:00 to say the delivery driver phoned in sick!

I was not surprisingly very disappointed yesterday, however delivery was arranged to my work place.

To my surprise the arrived on a trailer rather than being driven down, so a good result in the end!

Cheers

Rory

• Like 1

How is that possible when people have been waiting months on months yet they are supplying newer orders prior they really need to get this sorted makes no sense at all. But good luck I hope you get it soon.

Skoda seem to have made an almighty lash up with their expectations of options. There seems to be some items that seem to be popular but which appear to have low production rates, if you have ordered these there is delays. Some things have already been withdrawn (Rosso paint, beige leather on SE-L). Seems to be supply problems with DSG, panoramic roofs, some alloys, etc

What is not clear is why after 5 months of production, they haven't sorted the problem by sourcing extra supply, or if it can't be fixed, changing spec to avoid so many being ordered. Sounds like it is such a good car it's too popular for production capacity.

• Like 1

Ordered at beginning of Nov and now have it confirmed that it will be built in week 4.

SE L Exec Estate 2.0 TDI with a few extras in Business Grey.

Edited by r08shaw

Skoda seem to have made an almighty lash up with their expectations of options. There seems to be some items that seem to be popular but which appear to have low production rates, if you have ordered these there is delays. Some things have already been withdrawn (Rosso paint, beige leather on SE-L). Seems to be supply problems with DSG, panoramic roofs, some alloys, etc

What is not clear is why after 5 months of production, they haven't sorted the problem by sourcing extra supply, or if it can't be fixed, changing spec to avoid so many being ordered. Sounds like it is such a good car it's too popular for production capacity.

A lot of it is to do with the start of a new production run for Skoda (in the Mk3 Superb) but some of it will be connected with your dealer.

I believe this to be the case - depending upon their size, dealers have a quota of build slots with the factory, if that dealers build slots are all full then they have to be carried over to the following period (month I presume). So the dealer is probably quoting customers a lead time based on the order being accepted immediately and not carried over. The larger the dealer, the more build slots - I know our lease company uses one of the largest fleet dealers in the SE area.

This situation is obviously compounded by the large volume of orders for the new model and the factory getting to grips with the new production.

• Like 1

A lot of it is to do with the start of a new production run for Skoda (in the Mk3 Superb) but some of it will be connected with your dealer.

I believe this to be the case - depending upon their size, dealers have a quota of build slots with the factory, if that dealers build slots are all full then they have to be carried over to the following period (month I presume). So the dealer is probably quoting customers a lead time based on the order being accepted immediately and not carried over. The larger the dealer, the more build slots - I know our lease company uses one of the largest fleet dealers in the SE area.

This situation is obviously compounded by the large volume of orders for the new model and the factory getting to grips with the new production.

I have to say that this is how my dealer explained to me so spot on Coops :)

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

Just spoken with Skoda UK and they told me that it is now Week 16.  Jumped from week 10 in the space of 7 days.  The agent refused to comment on why the delay and really did not care about the delay.

Have spoken with the dealer and at first he started to give various comments until I started picking out orders from here and giving the details.  Apparently worldwide the L&K is on a major delay but no specific reason why.

Ordered 1.4 TSI SEL Estate, Quartz Grey, 26 November.

Was confirmed BW2 in mid December. Asked dealer for an update this morning and it has just come off the production line. Estimates 4 weeks until its with the dealer. By they time they have done PDI and the fact i can only travel to collect it in a weekend i dont expect to be able to get it until 21st Feb.

Only decision now is do i ask dealer to register it as a '16 and wait the extra couple of weeks. Or just pick up as soon as available.

Apparently worldwide the L&K is on a major delay but no specific reason why.

There was a comment on a thread, maybe even this one, that the L&K isn't selling well compared to the SEL Exec and that priority was being given to the latter because of it. SEL Exec is pretty good spec so prob why IMHO...

Ordered 1.4 TSI SEL Estate, Quartz Grey, 26 November.

Was confirmed BW2 in mid December. Asked dealer for an update this morning and it has just come off the production line. Estimates 4 weeks until its with the dealer. By they time they have done PDI and the fact i can only travel to collect it in a weekend i dont expect to be able to get it until 21st Feb.

Only decision now is do i ask dealer to register it as a '16 and wait the extra couple of weeks. Or just pick up as soon as available.

Well if you don't think you will get it till 21st Feb I would wait the extra 8 days and go for 16 plate on 1st March........