Superb Order tracker

Let's hope the shipping company they use don't run passenger ferries or you'll never know when you'll get to and from your holiday! When ours landed in the UK it was straight on a transporter and up the road. I was truly surprised to see it sitting at the dealership, I'd only popped in to see if it had even made it to the UK.

Yeah I'll bet! Fingers crossed mine moves just as quickly now it's finally here.

Well I'm fresh off the phone from SUK. I gave them absolute murder over the fact my car was delayed two weeks when others seemingly just slip straight onto a boat. I asked if it had suffered some kind of accident damage or was delayed for other reasons, and the lady said she'd ring through and check. She came back and said the car was fine and had not suffered any damage or undergone repairs. It left Emden yesterday on the Ems Highway, and she said that was due into the UK tomorrow. I've checked vessel finder and Ems Highway did leave Emden yesterday and arrived at Grimsby this morning. So it seems my car is finally docked in the UK, albeit not yet unloaded and checked into the compound.

I wonder why she said it was only due to arrive tomorrow after shipping yesterday? Maybe that's how long they take to unload and log into the compound's system? Either way they have guaranteed it was on that boat. :) One interesting note compared to what everyone else (pentaxian etc) was told:

SUK said the boat loading was entirely random, and while they apologise that this meant my car slipped down the queue, it does explain why 4StringBass' car arrived a week after ours and shipped directly whereas pentaxian's waited an extra week at Emden with my car but then shipped a day earlier. Annoying though! Fingers crossed it'll be with the dealership soon. My dealer said he'd tag it as urgent once it was in the UK (he has no influence before then) so we can hopefully get it sooner.

Pleased to hear that it has finally arrived in the UK, yes the Ems Highway arrived at 11:30 this morning and they have 850 cars to offload assuming it was full.  Hopefully in a few hours it will read as being in Grimsby.  You could keep an eye on MarineTraffic and once the ship leaves then all cars have been scanned off and it should then be showing as Grimsby. 

I would not take to much notice of when they say the ship arrives, my dealer read the screen and said that mine was due to arrive the same day it left Emden according to the system which would have given a sailing time of less than 12 hours. 

• Like 1

"SUK said the boat loading was entirely random."

Now there's a piece of customer service speak if ever I heard one :D

If it were remotely so then chaos would really be the case. The fact is that Emden is a huge operation, unloading from the train, transit parking and then loading to ship is all done at best possible speed etc. Thus the chance of an individual vehicle being parked in the line next to the correct one, getting left behind because it wouldn't start, getting blocked by another vehicle not due for loading etc etc is obvious. Even if the loading is 99% correct 99% of the time that still means a significant number of disappointed customers are possible.

If they cant find the vehicle where it should be or it wont start then they wont hold the ship whilst they look for it!!

And that is much more likely what happens than any randomness, poor planning or whatever other word customer services have been told to say. Also SUK ability to directly influence any of that is just about zero I would say.

I know it is very frustrating when you are waiting for your new toy to arrive but you have to be realistic about such a huge logistics operation across several countries.

Quite so, SagaLout. As someone said earlier it's more the blatant lies that annoy. If they were just honest and said 'Look we've had a delay on your car because XYZ and it's pencilled onto a shipment on xxx' nobody would care. It's the constant changes in story and the contradictions that are so frustrating. At least now the end is in sight.

• Like 1

Interesting thread from a German Skoda forum (all discussing exactly the same sort of things as this one)

On the thread discussion waiting times for delivery, They have a nice graph showing how many weeks, and number of people receiving their car.

Quick translation help - title of the graph is 'Time from order to delivery', wochen = weeks, Monat = month, stimme(n) = votes

http://www.skodacommunity.de/threads/umfrage-zur-wartezeit-auf-skoda-superb.102990/

• Like 1

Late at night on Discovery channel they have a program -"How  Do They Do It ? one night it covered ships transporting cars. Suffice to say the drivers must be on piece work !  The way they chuck them round.............. 

We treat the cars as per the handbook ( dont we ) pity the loading drivers dont !

Edited by david 1220

Well I'm fresh off the phone from SUK. I gave them absolute murder over the fact my car was delayed two weeks when others seemingly just slip straight onto a boat. I asked if it had suffered some kind of accident damage or was delayed for other reasons, and the lady said she'd ring through and check. She came back and said the car was fine and had not suffered any damage or undergone repairs. It left Emden yesterday on the Ems Highway, and she said that was due into the UK tomorrow. I've checked vessel finder and Ems Highway did leave Emden yesterday and arrived at Grimsby this morning. So it seems my car is finally docked in the UK, albeit not yet unloaded and checked into the compound.

I wonder why she said it was only due to arrive tomorrow after shipping yesterday? Maybe that's how long they take to unload and log into the compound's system? Either way they have guaranteed it was on that boat. :) One interesting note compared to what everyone else (pentaxian etc) was told:

SUK said the boat loading was entirely random, and while they apologise that this meant my car slipped down the queue, it does explain why 4StringBass' car arrived a week after ours and shipped directly whereas pentaxian's waited an extra week at Emden with my car but then shipped a day earlier. Annoying though! Fingers crossed it'll be with the dealership soon. My dealer said he'd tag it as urgent once it was in the UK (he has no influence before then) so we can hopefully get it sooner.

Well Derv I'm in the same boat or not as it seems, car arrived in Emdon last Friday and is still there and am told today when SUK rang me that it is likely to stay there till next week as again there are shipping delays due to weather preventing shipping just an excuse if u ask me. But there u go not much can do about it from where I'm sitting.

Well Derv I'm in the same boat or not as it seems, car arrived in Emdon last Friday and is still there and am told today when SUK rang me that it is likely to stay there till next week as again there are shipping delays due to weather preventing shipping just an excuse if u ask me. But there u go not much can do about it from where I'm sitting.

Frustrating, isn't it? It'll get there eventually mate, but the weather thing is a load of rubbish as pentaxian was kind enough to explain a little earlier in the thread. There are thousands of cars crossing several times a day, every day. They're only 'allowed' to keep a car at the docks 14 days before they're fined, though mine did creep over this allowance by one day. So, I suppose they at least paid in some way for their delays - even if I didn't directly benefit. :D There's unfortunately not much you can do but wait, but rest assured it'll be on a boat soon enough and on its way over. If our experiences are anything to go by, you'll probably wait another week and then it'll be here. Good luck.

Hi, 

Regarding SUK 's bad weather,-

Lat: 53.37 Long: 7.21
Emden
Stadtkreis Emden, Lower Saxony, Germany

Fri 18 Mar CET   Wind Avg.   Gust Temp. Rain Weather Cloud Pressure 01:00

sp6.png

WNW 10 mph to 18 mph 4 °C 0 mm

sp5.png
sp5.png

71% 1024 mb 04:00

sp6.png

NW 13 mph to 18 mph 5 °C 0.1 mm

sp5.png
sp5.png

69% 1022 mb 07:00

sp6.png

WNW 10 mph to 18 mph 5 °C 0 mm

sp5.png
sp5.png

13% 1021 mb 10:00

sp6.png

NNW 14 mph to 18 mph 8 °C 0 mm

sp5.png
sp5.png

41% 1021 mb 13:00

sp6.png

NNW 15 mph to 18 mph 8 °C 0.1 mm

sp5.png
sp5.png

99% 1020 mb 16:00

sp6.png

NW 15 mph to 20 mph 7 °C 0 mm

sp5.png
sp5.png

98% 1019 mb 19:00

sp6.png

NW 12 mph to 18 mph 6 °C 0 mm

sp5.png
sp5.png

93% 1020 mb 22:00

sp6.png

NNW 8 mph to 13 mph 6 °C 0 mm

sp5.png
sp5.png

74% 1020 mb Sat 19 M

Since when has rain stopped loading cars....................

Edited by david 1220
  • Like 1

Seriously are they still using that excuse.

Listed Emden port movements (http://nports.de/fileadmin/schiffsankuenfte/index.php?terminal=Emden)

16.03 - Ems Highway ex Emden for Grimsby

16.03 - African Highway ex Emden for Sheerness

16.03 - Galicia ex Emden for Sheerness (Not a normal one for VW and is not returning to Emden)

18.03 - Schelde Highway ex Emden for Grimsby

18.03 - Gran Canaria Car ex Emden for Sheerness

18.03 - African Highway ex Emden for Sheerness

18.03 - City of Paris ex Emden for Tyne

19.03 - Ems Highway ex Emden for Grimsby

• Like 1

Car arrived at dealers this morning. Available to collect from next Monday. To be fair to Hortons in Lincoln that's about how long they said when we first ordered it.

Collecting at 15:00 on Tuesday 22nd March.

Garage full of wash, polish, wax, buckets, mitts, glass finish, can't bl**dy wait.

• Like 1

Paper work signed yesterday car arrives Thursday finally an end to a long and frustrating 5 month's car sat in dealers les than an hour away but can't collect it has to be delivered just an other little annoying part of this saga roll on Thursday yeah!!!!

From Northern Italy:

280PS L&K Candy White (it's called Magnolia White here) Brown upholstery

Ordered October 28, built February 16, delivered last Monday March 14 (was actually ready the Friday before, but last minute bureaucratic glitch caused further delay).

19 weeks leadtime compared to the 8-12 announced when I ordered it.

Estimated now 16, back from 2 weeks at 17. At least it's moving in the right direction! Now it's only 4 weeks away I'm guessing it will not move too much now.....

Just had an email from the dealer. Mine has an unconfirmed build week of two weeks time (albeit he said this may change but should be confirmed later this week).I ordered mine Feb 1st. I was told 16-20 weeks at time of order.

This is sounding quite promising, all these folk with build weeks moving forward. My dealer should be updating me tomorrow - let's hope mine's doing the same! Two weeks ago I was BW18 (ordered 26 Jan).

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This is sounding quite promising, all these folk with build weeks moving forward. My dealer should be updating me tomorrow - let's hope mine's doing the same! Two weeks ago I was BW18 (ordered 26 Jan).

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I ordered on the same day so fingers crossed for you that it has moved to 16 like me.

• Like 1

Well I've had yet another setback. The dealer finally rang to tell me the car was in the UK (which I've known since last Thursday). He said that there was a backlog on delivery transport due to easter closures and would I mind if it went into April for delivery?

I wondered how closing for easter next week causes delays last week and this week. Surely the backlog would result AFTER stopping deliveries over easter rather than the two weeks prior? At any rate I told him I did mind as we're struggling a bit atm and need the car as soon as possible.

He said he'd be off tomorrow but will ring back on Wednesday to see if there's any update. This has to be the most protracted delivery I've ever known. I've not even had the car yet and I'm already seriously tempted to go back to Mazda, BMW or Ford next time.

I want my car as much as anyone having ordered on 28th Jan, 190tdi DSG Estate, + some extras, However I was told 16-18 weeks so until 1st May im not even going to think about it unless im informed its coming early in which case I will be very pleased. It is a bit like torturing  yourself inquiring every week for an update, where as Im just hoping for a pleasant surprise.