Superb Order tracker

Ordered a SE Business Hatch 150 DSG Met Brown with winter pack and a few small options in the week between Christmas and New Year. Dealer initially put the order through with a required date of June as that was the lead time he was being told, however, he should have just put it in with short required date, that way the factory would allocate the next available slot.  It took about 3 weeks for me to work out what he had done, as the order just didn't have an unconfirmed build week allocated.  Voiced my concerns and I soon had an unconfirmed week 12 date.  this never changed, remained unconfirmed right up until I rang last Monday 21st (start of week 12), only to be told the car had been built, left the factory, arrived at Emden, been processed and was awaiting the crossing. Rang back today and been told, it is in Grimsby awaiting collection which was requested last Thursday.  With a tail wind, the car could even be at the dealers this week (although next week is more probable).

Time to get the journey planning started - one of the first will be to Delamere Forest  as I have promised my daughter I will take her to Go Ape as one of the first things we do in the new car :)

​How about the play center in the Ice cream farm ?

• Like 1

Was your order built to your spec. or was it one the dealer had coming, I ordered on 28th Jan and so far I have heard nothing on the delivery other than I will be contacted 3 weeks before hand. Thanks

It was built to spec. Had tow bar, heated screen, reversing camera, spare wheel and Pegasus alloys added to a SEL 190 4x4 DSG Combi

Ordered a SE Business Hatch 150 DSG Met Brown with winter pack and a few small options in the week between Christmas and New Year. Dealer initially put the order through with a required date of June as that was the lead time he was being told, however, he should have just put it in with short required date, that way the factory would allocate the next available slot.  It took about 3 weeks for me to work out what he had done, as the order just didn't have an unconfirmed build week allocated.  Voiced my concerns and I soon had an unconfirmed week 12 date.  this never changed, remained unconfirmed right up until I rang last Monday 21st (start of week 12), only to be told the car had been built, left the factory, arrived at Emden, been processed and was awaiting the crossing. Rang back today and been told, it is in Grimsby awaiting collection which was requested last Thursday.  With a tail wind, the car could even be at the dealers this week (although next week is more probable).

Time to get the journey planning started - one of the first will be to Delamere Forest  as I have promised my daughter I will take her to Go Ape as one of the first things we do in the new car :)

My brown SE Business Estate 150 was built in week 11. It was at Emden at the beginning of last week. 

I'm going to give my dealer a call tomorrow. Hopefully mine is in the UK too :)

• Like 1

My car was build in W10, and only has to be transported by train up here. And it hasn't arrived at the dealer yet :(

Well have just got home from picking mine up and a 60 mile drive around the Lincolnshire countryside and trying to find the words to describe the car.... Wow. Amazing. are just two.

Had a full handover with the dealer, some 40 minutes, who went through everything and I have a head ache with trying to understand it all.

Driving is a dream the car is so smooth you cannot feel the car change gear and engine noise is minimal as is the road noise.  It will take a little getting used to in terms of accelerator response as it feels very different from my previous car and it feels like there is just a little pause before the power kicks in.  The one thing to watch is your speed, the car simply wants to go and go, you are always holding it back.  You don't feel speed.

The sound system (CANTON) sounds excellent although the speakers apparently are not working at the back so there must be a setting somewhere that needs clicking to enable the system in full - the music files are FLAC so multi-channel.  The other thing I notice is the car sits low over the wheels, my current car you can fit your fist between the wheel and the arch and on this you can barely get your hand in.  A little concerned as the car is empty and it is meant to take a lot of weight and will need to for the annual holiday.

Derv, apologies for no pictures but it is dark and raining here.  According to the system currently averaging low 30's for MPG and the fuel gauge has not moved from full after 60 miles.  

Someone once described it as a barge / limousine and the car just seem to float.

Currently up to 20 attempts at changing gear, oh the joys of coming from a manual.

• Like 2

good one pentaxian! i will be sitting here tomorrow from 5pm onwards (3pm pick up) shirt covered in saliva no doubt. My current 24mnths old OCT3 estate (with 17K miles on it) will seem like a prehistoric moron. Although I didnt go for L&K for insurance reasons. Mine one is SE L 1.4 manual in biz grey with 19 Sirrius wheels and few little bits nothing fancy. PCP so will be swapping it in 2yrs again. i hope you enjoy sleeping on the sofa reading and smelling the user manual ;o)))

Oh and watch out for the left foot hitting the break pedal!!!! 

Edited by czexpat

Ordered a SE Business Hatch 150 DSG Met Brown with winter pack and a few small options in the week between Christmas and New Year. Dealer initially put the order through with a required date of June as that was the lead time he was being told, however, he should have just put it in with short required date, that way the factory would allocate the next available slot. It took about 3 weeks for me to work out what he had done, as the order just didn't have an unconfirmed build week allocated. Voiced my concerns and I soon had an unconfirmed week 12 date. this never changed, remained unconfirmed right up until I rang last Monday 21st (start of week 12), only to be told the car had been built, left the factory, arrived at Emden, been processed and was awaiting the crossing. Rang back today and been told, it is in Grimsby awaiting collection which was requested last Thursday. With a tail wind, the car could even be at the dealers this week (although next week is more probable).

Time to get the journey planning started - one of the first will be to Delamere Forest as I have promised my daughter I will take her to Go Ape as one of the first things we do in the new car :)

First off SKhool congrats on getting your car (or near enough)

It is frustrating though that you ordered the car nearly a month after myself (as long as the leasing company/dealer put it through that day) with extras and I am being told expected delivery for 01/06/16.

Do Skoda pull orders out of a hat and that's the build order?

I've ordered a se business estate 2.0tdi, moon white and Zeus alloys.

Based on how many people are saying they are taking delivery on a car higher spec and ordered after, if I was a private buyer I would most likely have pulled the plug by now.

• Like 1

It is frustrating though that you ordered the car nearly a month after myself (as long as the leasing company/dealer put it through that day) with extras and I am being told expected delivery for 01/06/16.

Based on how many people are saying they are taking delivery on a car higher spec and ordered after, if I was a private buyer I would most likely have pulled the plug by now.

It will also depend as I previously mentioned in this thread somewhere what build slots the leasing/ broker companies dealer is at. Each franchise dealer say gets approximately 2 Superb build slots per month, once they have filled their monthly build slots they then move onto the next month and so on. I ordered my car on the 19th Feb, I spoke to a broker who's dealer was already up to build week 21/22, where as my local dealer had a build slot available for build week 15 (11th April). hope this helps in some way. So basically delaers offering larger discounts to brokers etc will have longer lead times as they are using up their build slots quicker.

Edited by ade35

I don't really know too much about how orders are allocated, I've read up that dealers have quotas, complaints push order through, delays in options etc etc but I do know I asked for mine ASAP but the dealer put in a required date which equalled the official lead times, which resulted in no allocated build date for several weeks (in fact the order had not even been shown as accepted until I chased the problem), have you checked if yours has done the same?   

Fingers crossed you get the Superb earlier than June. 

I don't really know too much about how orders are allocated, I've read up that dealers have quotas, complaints push order through, delays in options etc etc but I do know I asked for mine ASAP but the dealer put in a required date which equalled the official lead times, which resulted in no allocated build date for several weeks (in fact the order had not even been shown as accepted until I chased the problem), have you checked if yours has done the same?   

Fingers crossed you get the Superb earlier than June. 

I notice you're in the North West too. Which dealer did you order through?

I can report possession of SE L Exec Hatch in Biz Grey, 19 Sirrius, color Maxi Dot, Spare wheel. (plus textile mats, Skoda pen ;o))) flower bouquet, bottle of red and 1600 cash back thrown in). Ordere 21 Dec, BW 9, in UK on 17 March, in my hands today.

I can also report the following:

1. it looks amazing and turns heads young and old

2. the ride is super super smooth even on the 19 wheels

3. miles apart from Oct 3

4. loving the ACC and El auto break

5. did I mention the ride quality? ;o)) one really needs to watch the speed as it is hard to notice it

good luck you all guys pics in due course...

MINUS POINTS: el boot can only be opened from inside or outside (or by key) but not closed! I will live 

• Like 2

Apparently my car is on the boat today. It must've been sat at Emden well over a week

it took 4 week for me from exact build date to delivery. One day to Emden. Then 2.5 weeks to Sheerness, then 1 week to dealer (60 miles ;o).. than few days to me. 

Good luck and I hope you will love the car. For me it is an eye opener. Puts not only my OCT3 to shame by a class but my Audi S4 i had about 5 years ago. The tech is insane, the intelligent and clever handling is beyond me. People might say its too floaty but I am not a VRS material anymore. It is so so quiet and smooth. My wife and daughter bemused. And trust me they are hard to impress. 

• Like 1

it took 4 week for me from exact build date to delivery. One day to Emden. Then 2.5 weeks to Sheerness, then 1 week to dealer (60 miles ;o).. than few days to me. 

Good luck and I hope you will love the car. For me it is an eye opener. Puts not only my OCT3 to shame by a class but my Audi S4 i had about 5 years ago. The tech is insane, the intelligent and clever handling is beyond me. People might say its too floaty but I am not a VRS material anymore. It is so so quiet and smooth. My wife and daughter bemused. And trust me they are hard to impress. 

I'm really looking forward to getting it. It's just dragging now. 

Ordered L&K 190DSG hatch, Capuccino, beige leather, with ACC on 25th Nov (18 weeks) Built TODAYanyone know:

How long by train to Emden?

How long from Emden to Ireland?

Well my car was built 9th March told it would take 2 weeks to get to dealer in Dublin or just outside Dublin and it was just put on ship yesterday ( frisia) should arrive April Fools Day! You can track the ship on marine traffic it's either frisia or emden.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

After it arrives takes 3 days to get to nvd in baldonel then 2-3 days to dealer if in dublin

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

thanks

Hi,

Slightly off track ( but not a lot ! ) our dealer gave us a 190 for three days . We "toured" around North Wales and while it was great on the A55 once on the Denbigh moors it quickly became apparent it was no Golf !. In other words its just what we want --- when it arrives ( week 14 build ) waiting for Email.......