Who can better this?

VRS Mike

That's a fine achievement. Did the journey finish at the same place as it started?

Afraid not, there are a few long downhill sections on the journey to the gym, obviously need to climb these on the way back. Overall MPG was around 72mpg for the return trip, I did drive a lot faster on the way home as I needed to get back.

Either way I didn't think these sorts of displayed MPG would be possible over that sort of distance, should be mid 70's actual MPG as my PID only seems to be about 5% over optimistic.

I'm just breaking 40mpg

suggest taking out of second then :P

I've got on the PID high 70's on a few trips, mostly around town it's anywhere between 38-52 depending on traffic etc. Very rarely will I get under 58mpg on a run (PID figures only)

• Like 1

Just got 70mpg on easy home from work mostly up hill.

While the pid isn't entirely accurate I think simply having the display on really makes you think about economy and is worthwhile using.

The best I ever saw on the PID: 88.3 mpg (3.2 l/100 km) after a trip of 102 miles (164 km) (ever so slightly downhill).

The best real-world mpg between tank-fillings was 71 mpg or 3.98 l/100 km (over a distance of 493 miles/793 km).

Average real-world mpg since the the car was new is 61.3 mpg (4.61 l/100 km) in 34 700 miles (55 900 km).

Fueling log: http://www.spritmoni...ail/553950.html Very happy with the fuel consumption of the Citigo!

But there are some people on Spritmonitor with really impressive fuel economy: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overview/45-Skoda/1289-Citigo.html?fueltype=2

One guy with a lifetime mpg of 76.4 or 3.70 l/100 km! (in 12 700 miles / 20 500 km)

post-77481-0-82959900-1436962475_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

running a citigo down the redbull soap box derby course doesn't count :P

nor does making hatches in the floor for the passengers run flintstone style count either :) :)

and I know the PID can be a bit optimistic but that is excessive

nice though

running a citigo down the redbull soap box derby course doesn't count :p

nor does making hatches in the floor for the passengers run flintstone style count either :) :)

and I know the PID can be a bit optimistic but that is excessive

nice though

haha. No cheating here :) I think the average downhill grade was only about 0.3 %, but it definitely matters over such a long distance. Also, I do very little city driving, which of course helps economy a lot.

Pah! Easy peasy - average speed 31mph is pathetic!

Lots of villages and rural roads, can't really get the speed up, but then saying that the drive home is usually a lot quicker 

Fantastic! What kind of driving/traffic conditions was this?

It was in built-up area with constant speed of 50kmph on fifth gear for about 20km in polish Tatras mountains (from Zakopane to Czarny Dunajec - link).

My best economy travel was 3,4l/100km from Lodz to Katowice (200km) with cruise control set to 80kmph.

Edited by roykssop