The Superb III Picture thread

On 23/02/2022 at 03:06, skylineguv said:

So, almost 5 months into ownership, and I'm still really liking the Superb. Went down the road of lowering, with Eibach Pro-Kit, a few weeks back, and that pushed me to either buy some spacers as a temporary solution, or finally make my mind up on some wheels.

Read as much as I could on sizing and offsets, but still needed to take an educated guess/leap of faith.
Straying from my Japanese wheel roots, I ended up going with Judd Model One, 20x9.5 et40, in Gloss Gunmetal (would have done Brushed Titanium if they were in stock).
Tyres are Michelin PS4S, 255/35r20 in size. Yes, I know that's a little larger than stock OD, but it was a deliberate choice to maintain some sidewall.

No rubbing so far, thankfully. Outside pics are with the stock wheels/tyres loaded in the back, hence why it sits a little lower in those pics.
Will try and get some better pics sometime over the next week or so.

Skoda - new wheels 1.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 2.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 3.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 4.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 6.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 8.JPG

By my calculations your new rims poke about 23mm out past the stock rims.  By my measurements this should mean the fronts poke out past the guards?  And yet they don't appear to be in your pics?

19 minutes ago, Donweather said:

By my calculations your new rims poke about 23mm out past the stock rims.  By my measurements this should mean the fronts poke out past the guards?  And yet they don't appear to be in your pics?

Before I ordered the wheels I had a quick check to see what would be 'flush'. Basically I just dropped an improvised plumb line down from the outside edge of the wheelarch, and measured to the face of the stock wheel. If I remember correctly, it was ~ 22mm in the rear, and ~24mm up front.
I also mounted up the 19x9.5 +45 wheels that are now on the golf to see where, if anywhere, I may have had issues with interferences on the inside.

1 hour ago, skylineguv said:

Before I ordered the wheels I had a quick check to see what would be 'flush'. Basically I just dropped an improvised plumb line down from the outside edge of the wheelarch, and measured to the face of the stock wheel. If I remember correctly, it was ~ 22mm in the rear, and ~24mm up front.
I also mounted up the 19x9.5 +45 wheels that are now on the golf to see where, if anywhere, I may have had issues with interferences on the inside.

Wow that’s crazy on the front. I’ve done the same and only have around 13-15mm on the fronts and around 22-24mm on the rears. I have a Sportline. That’s why I’m thinking I may have to go to staggered fitment on my rims. 

On 24/02/2022 at 13:07, Donweather said:

Wow that’s crazy on the front. I’ve done the same and only have around 13-15mm on the fronts and around 22-24mm on the rears. I have a Sportline. That’s why I’m thinking I may have to go to staggered fitment on my rims. 

Is your car lowered? The measurements I took were when lowered (actually did it before as well, but forgot the numbers), with the stock Trinity wheels fitted.

Unless my alignment was/is way off camber wise, other than different wheels design/width/offset causing the disparity, I can’t see a Sportline being that different to the L&K with regards to stock geometry.

I wouldn’t see the need to run a staggered set even with that much difference front to rear. If it’s a real concern, run 8.5” or 9” wide all around and a lower offset or spacers in the rear to even it out.

2 hours ago, skylineguv said:

Is your car lowered? The measurements I took were when lowered (actually did it before as well, but forgot the numbers), with the stock Trinity wheels fitted.

Unless my alignment was/is way off camber wise, other than different wheels design/width/offset causing the disparity, I can’t see a Sportline being that different to the L&K with regards to stock geometry.

I wouldn’t see the need to run a staggered set even with that much difference front to rear. If it’s a real concern, run 8.5” or 9” wide all around and a lower offset or spacers in the rear to even it out.

Nope mine is stock Sportline with stock rims. Can’t run spacers. Illegal in Qld, Australia. 

• 3 weeks later...

AFAIK, considering a rim model, they are the same, Sportline or non Sportline. Never heard the front rims could be specific, which would mean you can't swap front/rear wheels to otipmize tyres wear.

1 hour ago, Donweather said:

Here’s a thought. Would the Sportline have a larger front wheel poke than the non Sportline models due to the bigger front brakes/disc?

Edit: appears it indeed does. 

The brakes are engine specific, not trim level/Sportline specific.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 26/04/2022 at 16:29, Dred07 said:

Proud owner,superb 2022

D845188B-D955-4E48-B4AF-4E69DE19D5DF.jpeg

What colour of interior did you go with? Beige or black? I am torn between moon white and graphite grey because I want black interior.

Anybody else has some pictures of graphite grey Superb Estate by any chance?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...