VCDS options on Superb III

The trailer activation, is this the trailer assist as on the Passat? or what does it do exactly?

I also would like to know each of the function what does it actually do? Is there someone who can translate/elaborate for nubs like myself? :p

And we can upgrade only what was posted on Superb MKIII VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested, or we can also use the Octavia III VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested for Superb 3 as well?

Thanks guys!

The trailer activation, is this the trailer assist as on the Passat? or what does it do exactly?

I also would like to know each of the function what does it actually do? Is there someone who can translate/elaborate for nubs like myself? :p

PM Antera as he has done it.

And we can upgrade only what was posted on Superb MKIII VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested, or we can also use the Octavia III VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested for Superb 3 as well?

Thanks guys!

Most of the Octavia adaptations will also work on the Superb... but not all do,

the closing of the hatch / tailgate from inside of the car and both rear foglights are just two O3 codings that do not work on the S3

Not sure if this has been posted or not!

Waiting on delivery of a SE L Executive estate. Can anybody tell me if the TV tuner can be activated on the Columbus via VCDS?

Also my SE L Executive will have no optional extras (company/Lease vehicle) can anybody recommend what I can get enabled via VCDS?

I'm pretty sure that the tv tuners going to be bolt on module to Columbus and not just a software hack.

• 2 weeks later...

After having another mess about with the car today, I might have POSSIBLY come across how to enable the clocks to light up with the sidelights on. 

Enable illumination of dash clocks with sidelights - not just the needles.

17: Instruments > Adaptation > (1)-illumination_algorithm-Scale_switching_algorithm

Set stored value to 'Ids', 

I've just been outside in the pitch black, started the car and then switched to side lights and the clocks stayed illuminated. That would suggest it worked. 

post-6717-0-42877300-1459031064_thumb.jpg

Edited by dstev2000
  • Like 2

Would Skoda main dealers be able/willing to make some of these changes prior to collection? ( e.g. automatic time adjustment European and changing colour selection of cabin led strips, really like the purple illumination with the cream leather in the earlier pictures ).

I can understand that they wouldn't make any changes that enable paid for features but what about tweaks/fixes...

Would Skoda main dealers be able/willing to make some of these changes prior to collection? ( e.g. automatic time adjustment European and changing colour selection of cabin led strips, really like the purple illumination with the cream leather in the earlier pictures ).

I can understand that they wouldn't make any changes that enable paid for features but what about tweaks/fixes...

First maybe, the second I highly doubt.

Though, they CAN make this change: activation of rear lights as DRL.

Asking Skoda dealers and/or technicians to alter a car's coding so it is outside of the original factory spec is highly unlikely to be entertained.

Legitimate requests like dual rear fog lights (where possible) for someone regularly working on the continent would be acceptable IMO.

The other issue is the time spent making changes like this. Unless you are willing to pay the dealership to carry out these mods, they won't play ball. 

The best bet is to find a local Briskodian with VCDS who'll do all of the mods you want in exchange for some beer tokens  :beer:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/262215-list-of-vcds-owners-previously-known-as-vag-com/

• Like 1

After having another mess about with the car today, I might have POSSIBLY come across how to enable the clocks to light up with the sidelights on. 

Enable illumination of dash clocks with sidelights - not just the needles.

17: Instruments > Adaptation > (1)-illumination_algorithm-Scale_switching_algorithm

Set stored value to 'Ids', 

I've just been outside in the pitch black, started the car and then switched to side lights and the clocks stayed illuminated. That would suggest it worked. 

attachicon.gifimage1.jpg

Did this not require a Security Access code?

This is something I have been trying to enable but whilst just the DRL’s are on, but so far non of the security Access codes I have work

(I have no use for just the sidelights to be on whilst driving)

Did this not require a Security Access code?

This is something I have been trying to enable but whilst just the DRL’s are on, but so far non of the security Access codes I have work

(I have no use for just the sidelights to be on whilst driving)

No request for an access code. 

I've just toggled the adaptation back to 'parking_light', then back to 'Ids' and it accepted the changes every time. 

There is, however, a spurious databus error on the Instruments controller. Not sure if it's a result of altering this setting, or something else i've been experimenting with (oil level display). I'll investigate when I get a spare minute. 

Any way to activate lights assist (auto high beam) yet please on the L&K?

Also any way to disable opening the boot using the key fob? (I keep pressing it by accident in my pocket)

Thank you

Edited by micloi

I'm considering buying a VCDS just for my own personal use on my mk3 Superb.

I'm not bothered about using it on any other cars, so will the Micro-CAN version do everything, or is it worth shelling out extra for the HEX-USB+CAN version?

Cheers,

Tim

That is just perfect :)

If you two have the same camera part nr., we should just combine the codings of your A5-s, and you both get both functions :).

GaSelle, can you send me your codings?

Off course, also codings of other modules must be done, but the problem is usually A5 coding :), since Ross-tech did not yet support it in VCDS.

Edited by mtl

I do. Will gladly exchange for coding for Lane Assist :D

Excellent! Please send your codes to mlt as he is helping me with the coding of the Light Assist and he also has my codes to help you with coding the Lane Assist!

Love this forum :)

Is there a Numpty Detect activation to stop the use of foglights in light drizzle.

A car with fogs on last night on the M60 in the 50mph goes on forever zone.

Despite constant flashing from other blinded drivers.

Super rant over :)

Just been to have my recall actions applied at dealership. They replaced all the fuses and did a software update for the sunroof. Some of my VCDS changes have now been lost. Is that normal?

I've lost my custom interior LED colours, my lovely plum purple has gone back to green, and I have lost the parking lights as part of DRL setting.

However, the setting for showing the fan speed in Auto mode still remains!

Not sure how many times software updates would be applied but as I don't have my own VCDS it's a faf to get them reapplied each time if that's the case.

Obviously they did a software upgrade on 09-CE, so you lost the custom coding. You have to reapply them.

Though: this is the second case that I hear of this situation, usually they upgrade ECU, etc. so the codings are not lost.

I find that Lane Assist is very late to react... The car is practically outside the lane before the steering nudges it back slightly but even then never quite back into the lane. Is that just me?