VCDS options on Superb III

My car

1.tried using remote button from inside to close - DOESN'T WORK

2.tried using button on remote whilst in car with arm out of window - DOESN'T WORK

3.outside of the car the remote middle button WILL close the hatch

Edited by InfiniteDreamer

My car

2.tried using button on remote whilst in car with arm out of window - DOESN'T WORK

Thanks for trying this out...seems like there's no non-VCDS way to do this then... 

Rear fog light is a separate bulb and does not use the same bulb as rear parking lights as it is the case for example in Octavia 3.

I didn't have yet chance to check if only coding will be enough. This is a photo of a right-hand drive car. :p

superb-fog-light.jpg

I just noticed that you said the pic was of a right hand drive car, however the pic clearly shows a left hand side light with its fog lit.

Does this mean your drivers side rear fog also lit? Would be ace if it was as that means two fogs which means i stay legal when in Europe! .

I just noticed that you said the pic was of a right hand drive car, however the pic clearly shows a left hand side light with its fog lit.

Does this mean your drivers side rear fog also lit? Would be ace if it was as that means two fogs which means i stay legal when in Europe! .

Hi mtl the picture is confusing me, please note thats easy to do,  as the foglight shown, if single, must be on the offside of the vehicle to comply with the regulation, and for this to be the offside when no other foglight is present means this must be a left hand drive vehicle???? Unless of course the sides can be switched???

Hi mtl the picture is confusing me, please note thats easy to do, as the foglight shown, if single, must be on the offside of the vehicle to comply with the regulation, and for this to be the offside when no other foglight is present means this must be a left hand drive vehicle???? Unless of course the sides can be switched???

You are correct in that the offside should be lit (if only one fog light operational) and that in the UK thst is the drivers side on a RHD vehicle.

MLT

If your car is RHD and you bought it in the UK, then come MOT time your car should fail by the letter if the law.

Not trying to pick out or anything, but curious about how your LHR fog is the fog light that lights.

Ok, it it looks like I messed up a little bit and that I have a problem with LHD/RHD definition :rofl: .

So, a 100% sure fact is that we drive on the right and that the fog light in the photo is behind the driver. Does this mean that the car is RHD or LHD?

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

Ok, it it looks like I messed up a little bit and that I have a problem with LHD/RHD definition :rofl: .

So, a 100% sure fact is that we drive on the right and that the fog light in the photo is behind the driver. Does this mean that the car is RHD or LHD?

Your car is LHD and you would normally drive on the right hand side of the road (wrong side BTW), therefore you are either living in mainland Europe or driving in the UK on the correct side of the road in a vehicle made for EU Mainland.

Same as me but reversed, as my car is from the UK but I am living in Germany, so drive a RHD car on the RHS of the road (it will always be the wrong side).

Thank you for clarifying that your residency and driving side of the road. You got my hopes up some but then dashed them afterwards.

Enjoy your weekend one and all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you drive on the right... And you shift gears with your right hand, then that is RHD.

In the UK, we drive on the left, and we shift gears with our left hands. So the fog light is still behind the driver and therfore the right side tail light houses the LHD Superb's Foglight.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We drive on the left in the UK but as the steering wheel is on the right our cars are called RHD, Mainland Europe drive on the right & the steering is on the left so LHD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My car

found this video of the boot opening and closing remotely.

Closing boot from key fob only works if have Kessy, found this:

The lid can be closed in one of the following ways.

By pressing the button

By pressing the symbol key  on the key (for approx. 1 s). Applies to vehicles with KESSY. The key must be at a maximum distance of about 2 m from the door.

By pressing the handle

By briefly pressing the door in the closing direction.

Closing boot from key fob only works if have Kessy, found this:

The lid can be closed in one of the following ways.

By pressing the button

By pressing the symbol key  on the key (for approx. 1 s). Applies to vehicles with KESSY. The key must be at a maximum distance of about 2 m from the door.

By pressing the handle

By briefly pressing the door in the closing direction.

No. Works even without Kessy. You have to hold the boot button for more than 3 s.

Tested on LHD Style Superb.

I did contact Skoda & ask them about the fog light & they insisted that it is legal to drive in Europe! They ignored the part of my email about whether or not it was possible to have the fog light enabled on the other side too.

Nope boot won't close for me by the key fob anyway, Have kept the button pressed, been outside etc etc but still no good. Mine is the hatch version

Do you have Kessy?

No. Works even without Kessy. You have to hold the boot button for more than 3 s.

Tested on LHD Style Superb.

Do you have Kessy?

No don't have Kessy, only on the L&K version over here in Ireland

Nope boot won't close for me by the key fob anyway, Have kept the button pressed, been outside etc etc but still no good. Mine is the hatch version

Yeah same as me - and have tried with and without ignition, inside and outside the car, 1 sec to 3 sec and longer but doesn't work at all.

So through VCDS I'm hoping to get Boot closing from Fob (and hopefully from button in centre console, Traffic Light recognition and Hill Hold - anything else I should be looking to get?

I must apologise, I have read and replied to 90% of your messageson my mobile. It loads the mobile site which doesn't have your avatar details such as your location.

I now see that you are in the lovely Slovenia and so would of course be driving a LHD and the picture shown was correct for your home country.

Thank you again

I did contact Skoda & ask them about the fog light & they insisted that it is legal to drive in Europe! They ignored the part of my email about whether or not it was possible to have the fog light enabled on the other side too.

Very possible that it is for short trips such as holidays, but for you and I who have to abide by German TUV, we need the LHRear fog activated or both to come on as we are residents.

I had my Octy 3 programmed so both fogs light in UK and EU as that's how I like it. Will do same for Superb when I get it and only if I place an order. Not got the wonga to get what I want at this point in time

Let me reply one more time to this. I had opportunity to play with full loaded Passat B8 saloon (basically the same as Superb 3), that had remote boot open/close. Boot closing worked only if I was BEHIND the car and within 2m range. If I was for example at the drivers doors outside of the car, the remote boot closing did not work. The car was equipped with Kessy system.

I have also filmed a short video, but I will upload it to YouTube later... Currently I am a little short on time. :sweat:

So, try again with pressing remote button for a few seconds, but be behind the car.

In owners manual for Superb 3 on page 62 is written:

So, it looks that remote closing works only with KESSY and that you have to be within 2m from the door. But as I said, by the drivers door remote closing did not work.

Edited by mtl