VW UK Action plan for EA 189 EU5 engines

ColinD

Wouldn't have thought so. And in any case, they will need to be owner agreement.

Is that right? I would have thought that any software upgrades could be automatically applied during a service visit without owner consent. I had a Fiat Motorhome which had a software update applied while it was being serviced and was only told about it when I collected the vehicle.

Is that right? I would have thought that any software upgrades could be automatically applied during a service visit without owner consent. I had a Fiat Motorhome which had a software update applied while it was being serviced and was only told about it when I collected the vehicle.

I have been told by my Dealer that the update would be applied, unless the owner stipulates that it is not to be done every time the car is booked in.

Steve.

I have been told by my Dealer that the update would be applied, unless the owner stipulates that it is not to be done every time the car is booked in.

Steve.

Thats interesting, I bought my Yeti at 4 years old, it had a service just before I bought it (from a main agent)  but it seems the update on the bolero radio has never been done, I know the radio is not the same thing but it is a software update !!

I was told when I had my DSG oil done that there was a big Skoda meeting end of Feb when more details would be released.  So maybe we will find out what is being planned and the impact on cars in the real world!

I was told when I had my DSG oil done that there was a big Skoda meeting end of Feb when more details would be released.  So maybe we will find out what is being planned and the impact on cars in the real world!

Thanks for that info. I had my Yeti serviced today and no one I asked had any info on what the plans were. Maybe letters of intent in a couple of weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

All the indications are that residual values are unaffected

Two years on and we start the perennial hunt for the new car before the three year warranty expiry......  its a bloke thing............ and part of said process is that you look perhaps at other brands and you take your car into the Toyota dealership to be asked - 'is it one of the affected models'...   whereupon sales bod disappears off to talk to Manager who wasn't about so could not comment on a trade in price... (never got an outcome but I bet it would not have been good news....)

Looks like those then that bought their motors outright could be taking a bath... (I realise that buying a new Superb it does suffer a little depreciation but these events seem to have accelerated the process..?)

Be nice to know sooner or later  VW as to whether you are going to do anything....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35705628

you take your car into the Toyota dealership to be asked - 'is it one of the affected models'...   whereupon sales bod disappears off to talk to Manager who wasn't about so could not comment on a trade in price... (never got an outcome but I bet it would not have been good news....)

Or, shock horror, it could be a ploy to low-ball you on the PX price!

Fully see that....... it was more the ..... is it one of the affected.....???

Brings on shades of Fiats and Ro80's.. :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

It's a question they can ask, there's no getting around it. Then in typical dealership fashion, try to use anything remotely negative to their advantage.

All, was thinking re MPG and something one guy said re petrol choice!  So I have used BP/Shell for last few fill ups and BY GEORGE! what a difference to mpg and pulling power!!!  Car which has now done 113k goes really well from low revs and does not seem to need to change gear half as much!  Surprised!  So fuel maybe 1-2p more but results are fantastic!  Still have an issue re cheat though!

So now used BP/Esso diesel for several weeks now and WHOW!! what a change.  My car now pulls from lower revs in higher gear and is much easier to drive.  It just go's!  What a change the fuel makes!!

No use on cheat yet!

Hi All, so I did use whatever I found was cheapest, normally Tesco, Morrison's etc. normal diesel - not the super one.  Having changed to BP, first time I did use the super, then and with the Esso I have used, just the normal diesel.  Just come back from Nottingham and computer says I did 49.6mpg, now maybe adjust a bit, so say 48mpg but even so - WHOW!  Spoken to other people in fleet trade and they all say do not use cheap supermarket diesel, stick with main line names.

No news on cheat yet!