What do you love/ hate about your job?

@Lee

Lol, SWMBO is a teacher.

She loves teaching the kids and hates absolutely everything else about the job

Funny enough my missus is also a teacher, loves teaching the majority of her kids-except for a few really bad ones,

Generally likes her colleagues and boss but hates the dept bs thats going on even dislikes the unions...

SWMBO's a researcher/ lecturer at the Uni here. Loves the reasearch, dislikes admin, HATES students :D

Transport manager, hates, drivers, customers, trucks, trailers, mechanics, company directors, the hours, my shambles of a planning team and drivers.... wait I said drivers twice...... I doubly hate drivers oh and the unique smell the tampers have!!!!! Likes? I dunno I suppose the pay is adequate.....

Multi drop delivery driver

Love. Nothing

Hate. Everything

Really do hate this job I wake up everyday wanting to jack it in

Technically on a self employed contract and working for a certain company that rhymes with Herpes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Technically on a self employed contract and working for a certain company that rhymes with Herpes?

Iam on a self employed contract but It's a much bigger company than herpes that I work for. It really boils my blood how the office/warehouse staff speak to the drivers and they seriously can not organise a **** up in a brewery.

• Like 1

Iam on a self employed contract but It's a much bigger company than herpes that I work for. It really boils my blood how the office/warehouse staff speak to the drivers and they seriously can not organise a **** up in a brewery.

Sounds similar to that **** setup tbh, I only do cover for the money

Sounds similar to that **** setup tbh, I only do cover for the money

A few months back I was doing 100-130 drops a day and it was getting to the point where I was struggling to fit all the stuff in my van so they agreed to take a section off me. Now I'm doing 85-100 drops and their moaning that I'm doing my round too quick and I'm not busy enough, if they put that section back on to me than I'm just going to walk out

• Like 1

A few months back I was doing 100-130 drops a day and it was getting to the point where I was struggling to fit all the stuff in my van so they agreed to take a section off me. Now I'm doing 85-100 drops and their moaning that I'm doing my round too quick and I'm not busy enough, if they put that section back on to me than I'm just going to walk out

I know it seens counter-intuitive for a delivery driver.. But maybe not 100% throttle everywhere? Take your time n last it out abit?

Not sure if Sprinters have a throttle actually. Might just be an on/off button lol.

I know it seens counter-intuitive for a delivery driver.. But maybe not 100% throttle everywhere? Take your time n last it out abit?

Not sure if Sprinters have a throttle actually. Might just be an on/off button lol.

I'm pretty sure it's a well established fact that the company DPD only employ ex racing drivers.

Similar but employed and paid by the hour, no pressure (mainly because as an employee and a union member I refuse to be pressured).

What I like: I get to drive and be paid for it an I like driving. Also like the fact I don't need a tacograph and the vehicles have no tracking or telematics.

What I dislike: It's only a van and I would much rather to be still driving lorries or coaches long distance.

Sometimes its square full and then sometimes....... My 2nd run out the night before last, all loaded up and ready to go........

20151023_184140.jpg

I'm a Copper Jointer for Openreach (British Telecom) and have been doing this for almost one year.

bece7d7c8f6953ba97a56dfdbb2dd409.jpg

Whenever you say that, this is what springs to mind every time :cocktail:

I'm pretty sure it's a well established fact that the company DPD only employ *failed* racing driver trainees.

fixed that for you :p

You should see the fury when typically a yodel driver ends up behind me for miles and I have the speed limiter set to 50mph. Or going from a 30mph zone to an NSL zone and I leave them behind. For the first time the other day I got to go faster as I crossed the border :D 

• Like 2

You should see the fury when typically a yodel driver ends up behind me for miles and I have the speed limiter set to 50mph. Or going from a 30mph zone to an NSL zone and I leave them behind. For the first time the other day I got to go faster as I crossed the border :D

Ohh yes delivery drivers for those firms are paid per parcel so got to go flat out to make it work, :devil: when I used to do cover work that combo went like stink.

Ohh yes delivery drivers for those firms are paid per parcel so got to go flat out to make it work, :devil: when I used to do cover work that combo went like stink.

It's a twin problem, companies make it so that there is no money to be made unless drivers take risks with other peoples lives and their own. Drivers are responsible for their own actions and know exactly what they are doing and should expect to have very limited driving career prospects as such. Some drive properly, some do not. For those who do not, I can only wish them a long ban and crippling insurance for years to follow. The fact that anyone with a Kelloggs licence can drive a light commercial vehicle up to 3500kg is pathetic in the first place, 1kg more rated vehicle and they need a vocational licence, Driver CPC and a tachograph... For hire or reward should be tested as such and tachographs and CPC should apply IMO. 1 in 3 collisions here where someone is seriously injured or killed, involves someone who is driving for a living. When that is broken down further Category B only tested drivers are responsible for in excess of 90% within that group. Randomly we had a driver stopped and told they needed category C1 to drive a Sprinter by traffic police here a few months ago with the words "anything bigger than a VW Caddy"........  :dull:  :thumbdown: I was stopped years ago in a 38,000 litre tanker for doing 40mph on a single carriageway and told I could be prosecuted for driving so slowly.... a rather frank schooling session followed at the road side before I continued on my way at the 40MPH NSL.....  

It's a twin problem, companies make it so that there is no money to be made unless drivers take risks with other peoples lives and their own. Drivers are responsible for their own actions and know exactly what they are doing and should expect to have very limited driving career prospects as such. Some drive properly, some do not. For those who do not, I can only wish them a long ban and crippling insurance for years to follow. The fact that anyone with a Kelloggs licence can drive a light commercial vehicle up to 3500kg is pathetic in the first place, 1kg more rated vehicle and they need a vocational licence, Driver CPC and a tachograph... For hire or reward should be tested as such and tachographs and CPC should apply IMO. 1 in 3 collisions here where someone is seriously injured or killed, involves someone who is driving for a living. When that is broken down further Category B only tested drivers are responsible for in excess of 90% within that group. Randomly we had a driver stopped and told they needed category C1 to drive a Sprinter by traffic police here a few months ago with the words "anything bigger than a VW Caddy"........ :dull::thumbdown: I was stopped years ago in a 38,000 litre tanker for doing 40mph on a single carriageway and told I could be prosecuted for driving so slowly.... a rather frank schooling session followed at the road side before I continued on my way at the 40MPH NSL.....

Yeah the way some of them drive around here is a joke, down a bit of dual carriageway up the road I was doing 70 and one fully laden LT comes flat out past me, looked like I was stood still

Like:

Meeting people from all walks of life

Driving all day

Being left to work on my own most of the time without people on my back

Dislike:

Not having the time to talk to those people

Co-workers often make the job harder than it should be

Still waiting for some bloody uniform that is well overdue

Like:

No two shifts are ever the same.

The rostered time off I get with working three 12hr shifts per week.

My colleagues and the banter we have.

The T&Cs and free travel around the world.

Dislike:

Working in a 365 - 24/7 office can also make attending nights out etc... hard.

Having to work Christmas and new year periods most years.

Not seeing the little 'un for a few days at a time sometimes when I'm on days and leaving / returning home before he wakes up and after he goes to bed.

Having to make my way to/from work for maybe a couple of hours each way on top of a 12hr shift during times of heavy snow when others just bang a "snow day" in.