What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

On Mon Mar 13 2017 at 08:24, samuir1974 said:

I seldom resist a sale...... OCD Waxes had 20% off last week.

So after some good news on a works bonus on Friday...

Ordered Nebula and Alien51 waxes last night :biggrin:

17203254_691283661076283_916325854184303

Detailing testing day in order then it seems buddy! 

6 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Yeah - absolutely mate!

Give me a shoult when you have some free time....

i grabbed this combo too

i call it Nebula51 :D

Edited by biggy7
  • Like 1

I was extremely tempted by Nebula Ste! If you could do a wee review it would be very much appreciated! There's a lot of hype about both of these and it would be great to get your knowledgeable point of view on them.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2017 at 17:06, stanian said:

I have now and, I was repairing some stone chips in bumper, and following smoothing down with swirl remover & polishing with Megs crystal I tried my brand new Prima Amiga then waxed over the top. In my view I feel the Prima Amigo to be thinner, harder to buff off and seems to not give the same shine as the Black hole. I will try it on some larger panels when my stone chips are finished but I still think I will favour the black hole's easy on, easy off way of doing things, the prima Amigo can not also be applied in direct sunlight like the Black hole can. So all in all yet to be converted.

Following my repairing of the stone chips, I have done the other panels with the Prima amiga, it does actually seem to give a good base to the wax and a very deep shine. Unfortunately after I had finished, it appears that some mortar has disloged from a chimney, slid down the house roof bounced off my car roof, putting a ding and a chip in the paint, chipped above the door glass, door rubber and chipped the passenger side window, Grrrrrr. Because the ding is on the roof and blending would have been a problem, a smart repair was not possible and I have had to have my whole roof re-sprayed along with the window surround, car has only 5800m on the clock. Up side is I have a perfect roof at present to apply my products to, down side is it cost me £500 all but a pint of beer and i have struggled to sleep waiting for it to be perfect again. So as soon as the weather is better again I will re apply the prima amigo, Poorboys Natty's paste wax and then do the whole car with smart polish pro's "Aquapel".

Edited by stanian
  • Like 1

On 18/03/2017 at 14:55, stanian said:

Following my repairing of the stone chips, I have done the other panels with the Prima amiga, it does actually seem to give a good base to the wax and a very deep shine. Unfortunately after I had finished, it appears that some mortar has disloged from a chimney, slid down the house roof bounced off my car roof, putting a ding and a chip in the paint, chipped above the door glass, door rubber and chipped the passenger side window, Grrrrrr. Because the ding is on the roof and blending would have been a problem, a smart repair was not possible and I have had to have my whole roof re-sprayed along with the window surround, car has only 5800m on the clock. Up side is I have a perfect roof at present to apply my products to, down side is it cost me £500 all but a pint of beer and i have struggled to sleep waiting for it to be perfect again. So as soon as the weather is better again I will re apply the prima amigo, Poorboys Natty's paste wax and then do the whole car with smart polish pro's "Aquapel".

"Hydropel" even.

On 16/03/2017 at 15:40, Hunty278 said:

I was extremely tempted by Nebula Ste! If you could do a wee review it would be very much appreciated! There's a lot of hype about both of these and it would be great to get your knowledgeable point of view on them.

TBH Neil - it was you who put me onto this one; but i have been trying to scale back the wax collection.

Anyway - as you know - never one to resist a sale and 20% off was too good to be true such a great product.

Hopeing for better weather to test it...... hail, sleet and snow this morning!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 15:16, Baileydog said:

Tyre dressing smells like Bakewell tarts!

IMG_9793.JPG

A little feedback.

The fallout remover was superb on the wheels and calipers, cleaned them up nicely. I'll be testing it on the wife's white Corsa this week

The tyre dressing gave a nice glossy shine when applied as directed. Done Sunday morning but a 120 mile trip and a rainy Monday morning washed the dressing right off! Looking at the feedback given on Detailing world, lots of people were unhappy with the longevity so this'll be going back and I'll be returning to Megs Tyre Gel.

Not used the alloy cleaner but the feedback has been good on the web.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baileydog said:

A little feedback.

The fallout remover was superb on the wheels and calipers, cleaned them up nicely. I'll be testing it on the wife's white Corsa this week

The tyre dressing gave a nice glossy shine when applied as directed. Done Sunday morning but a 120 mile trip and a rainy Monday morning washed the dressing right off! Looking at the feedback given on Detailing world, lots of people were unhappy with the longevity so this'll be going back and I'll be returning to Megs Tyre Gel.

Appreciate you taking the time to write-up some feedback.

Tyre dressing is always a tricky one and Meg's Endurance Gel is one of the best... hard to beat!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baileydog said:

A little feedback.

I prefer the Megs Hot shine trigger spray https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-Hot-Shine-Trigger-Spray/dp/B000X0CBKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490114041&sr=8-1&keywords=meguiars+hot+shine, but applied with the megs sponge applicator. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-Tyre-Dressing-Applicator-Pad/dp/B0006KZ6LW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490114158&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=meguiars+tyre+sponge.

The spray is on special offer £6.99, £4.50 off on Amazon at the moment, only 3 left though at this price.

Well trying to get some new Megs endurance tire gel from my local Halfords but been out of stock for the past week :sadsmile:so I ended up purchasing from perfectly cleaned on eBay £14.99 delivered B) ordered on Wednesday & received today :thumbup:

IMG_0134.JPG

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Well trying to get some new Megs endurance tire gel from my local Halfords but been out of stock for the past week :sadsmile:so I ended up purchasing from perfectly cleaned on eBay £14.99 delivered B) ordered on Wednesday & received today :thumbup:

IMG_0134.JPG

I shape a pound shop sponge with a knife, makes for a great budget tyre shine applicator and saves £££.

• Like 3

Just had my Menzerna Endless Shine delivered....

not it used yet but will try it out soon....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kidology said:

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Bought these from the far east. Very short pile. Not a real lambs wool obviously, cost just over a pound each. Very nice feel in the hand and looking forward to try out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222358559640?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are great for the money - great purchase.

Actually really good as a wheel mitt to get behind the spokes etc.

Use one of these with some Dooka Wheel Shampoo - highly recommended! :)

They wash pretty well too; but at the price... easy to bin after a couple of months and replace.

Yes cheap as chips, i was a bit surprised by the quality for price. Seen a detailing guy on utube raving about them, i only bought half a dozen wish i had got more.

1 hour ago, samuir1974 said:

These are great for the money - great purchase.

Actually really good as a wheel mitt to get behind the spokes etc.

Use one of these with some Dooka Wheel Shampoo - highly recommended! :)

They wash pretty well too; but at the price... easy to bin after a couple of months and replace.

Yes i have a dooka like mitt one dunk in the water and its full. Its a cracking wash pad, cost quite a bit but worth the money so no complaints. Some good stuff and bad in the far east but if they last

a month or so that is good value. And as you say use them for the wheels, i like the way they feel on the hand have like stitched part inside.

• Like 1