Navigation Data Update available

Thanks for the offer Nick but probably easier for me to leave my sd card with my local dealer and pick it up later. I was just interested to know if anyone else had this problem. I have a relatively high speed connection for these parts so the file size shouldnt have been a problem.

thanks again

Pete

• Like 1

I am having some difficulty in downloading this update. My PC downloads a .tmp file of 22GB at the speed I would expect from my connection but then it starts to download whatever else (the data files?) at stupid rates that I haven't seen since dial up days. Last attempt said it would take 24 hours!!!

Anyone else had this or am I doing something wrong or missing something in my PC??

thanks in advance

Pete

I have the fastest Virgin media broadband 152mb and it still took ages

It wasn't my connection as I was downloading something else at same time at full whack

I have the fastest Virgin media broadband 152mb and it still took ages

It wasn't my connection as I was downloading something else at same time at full whack

152mb .... Not any more it isn't ;-)

Simply Clever. Not so sure just at the moment. I must have done something ****-eyed in downloading this update or the process is absolutely crap software.   :swear:

10.30. Started download.

10.50. tmp file saved. Instruction to start download.

23.15 YES 23.15!. Download finishes. Instruction to start unpack.

0049. Unpack complete. :sweat:

AND I still have to get onto the hard disk in the car!!!

That all sort of feels like there was no compression at all but then I am not that IT savvy so who knows.

I can now confidently arrange routes to places as diverse as Iceland, Belarus. Bosnia-Herzgovina. Moldova. Romania. Russia. Turkey. Ukraine and many many more. Whoopee. That will blow my 10k annual mileage but who doesn't welcome an adventure  ;)

To say I am not impressed would be an understatement. Why on earth can't we select the countries we want to keep up to date?

Edited by Sagalout

I haven't tried it on this download as I'm not even closes to getting my Superb yet (still arguing about the change to Stratos wheels! on the SE business) but have any of those those that have struggled with this download tried using a download manager? 

I have to download massive software patches for my work  and have suffered the same kind of experience downloads running at a couple of hundred KBs as apposed to my full 70Mbit connection it works by adding more threads/sections to the download. I appreciate its my first post  so don't want people to think i'm trying to promote some dodgy software but just thought i would suggest it as I've learnt a great deal from others posts on here.

Personally i've used free download manager from freedownloadmanager dot org. I just checked and it still doesn't seem to install any extra unwanted software which is rare for free software these days! But well there are loads of options out there some built into browsers so might be worth trying

• Like 1

Don't know if this is pertinent, but I have an anti-virus package that sometimes (mostly) checks a file as it downloads. If it is a compressed file and is a huge file then the download crawls. If I am comfortable with the download site and file I disable the anti-virus for the period of the download.

• 6 months later...

The date has changed from 'May' to 'November' but the file name (ECE 2016) & size looks the same (22GB) as that issued last November (2015). Has a new update been issued, or just a date change (was due for update in May 2016)?

I doubt file size would change very much, so it's certainly not something you would notice measuring at the GB level. If you looked at how many MB I imagine you would see a difference.

I've just got my new company car a (sel Combi 190bhp) and can't imagine the lease company will be helpful so need info to hit them with.

I've had Vauxhall insignias for 5 years and VX garages just give the "that's not available on lease cars" to queries.

I've just spent 5 years in Insignias as well and the attitude of Vauxhall Dealers drove me to Skoda.

there attitude was we're not going to make any money from you so we will **** you around.

After they took 8 days to change my brake discs and MOT the car I cancelled the order for a new Insignia SRi and ordered my Superb without even seeing one it had to be better.

I love it.

Have been keenly following this tread but Im wondering if my car was delivered with the May update aleady installed.

The car according to VIN was produced the 25th February and it was in Sweden around the 28th March. I picked the car up the 1st April. At that time I checked the navigation data date and it showed ECE 2016 (version 0521). The update portal shows that the latest update is ECE 2016.

So my question is, do I already have the update? If so, then the so called May update is well not that up to date. Or maybe it is and I should update.

Appreciate your comments.

Have been keenly following this tread but Im wondering if my car was delivered with the May update aleady installed.

The car according to VIN was produced the 25th February and it was in Sweden around the 28th March. I picked the car up the 1st April. At that time I checked the navigation data date and it showed ECE 2016 (version 0521). The update portal shows that the latest update is ECE 2016.

So my question is, do I already have the update? If so, then the so called May update is well not that up to date. Or maybe it is and I should update.

Appreciate your comments.

The ECE 2017 is not yet published so imo you have latest ECE 2016. According to update site 2017 will be released June.

The last update was in November 2015, the next update is scheduled for June 2016

Took delivery of my Superb 9th April 2016, it already had the ECE 2016 maps installed. The maps currently available on the download portal are exactly the same as those I already have so NOT an update...

• 2 weeks later...

ECE 2016/2017 is available now (at least for Amudsen). I haven't downloaded it yet but it seems that is smaller than previous update (12 GB)

Edited by dejank

ECE 2016/2017 is available now (at least for Amudsen). I haven't downloaded it yet but it seems that is smaller than previous update (12 GB)

URL?

Could someone please check if there is available for Columbus. When i try to search by my VIN - it seems like there is no version new uploaded - but i see the text : 

For downloadingECE 2016 (22,00GB)

• Further update of GPS data will be in November

Which means that this is the new update - because last time it was written that the update will be available in June.

Thanks in advance.

Could someone please check if there is available for Columbus. When i try to search by my VIN - it seems like there is no version new uploaded - but i see the text : 

For downloadingECE 2016 (22,00GB)

• Further update of GPS data will be in November

Which means that this is the new update - because last time it was written that the update will be available in June.

Thanks in advance.

I got the same when I put my VIN in. I have a Columbus unit also.

• Like 1