Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

Hi Guys,

Can anyone shed some light on this instruction:

VCDS or VAS is needed for the last step of updating (to confirm SW version change and clear some fault codes).

Can this be done with OBDEleven also?

Thank you

Vin

35 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Do you have a MIB1 or MIB2 Amundsen?

I got 2013 model so MIB1.

Is their any other way to find out what system I got?

Edited by Vink17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there 

I have a VRS estate 2014 MK3 Octavia and I feel the entertainment system could benefit from an upgrade. 

Sat nav Maps is double slow plus on starting the engine the system randomly selects pre set radio stations for first 60 secs and “beeps” whilst bouncing round!

Any help much appreciated as I’m pretty useless with stuff like this. Many thanks 

E338821F-A518-4685-8E3A-4C2383505208.jpeg

I am at a loss of how to fix my issues of no sound, i can work around by going into the service menu and fake updating and sound comes back. I tried downloading 0411 firmware but says it is a mismatch for me and wont update. 

I have searched high and low to try and work this one out, below is the details of my unit, does that mean i have a MIB 1? it is a 2014 model. 

Device part number: 5E0035045B

Hardware: H42

Software: 0293

Any help getting a firmware that will work with this and try and fix my sound issues would be greatly appreciated  

Hi guys. I have a Mk3 16 Vrs combi with the freezing/channel skip issue. My firmware is version 0293 so I think it’s miles behind. Any help would be appreciated. 

Its an MIB 1 system

Thanks

Edited by PaulC86

On 14/12/2018 at 20:27, Chinny26 said:

I am at a loss of how to fix my issues of no sound, i can work around by going into the service menu and fake updating and sound comes back. I tried downloading 0411 firmware but says it is a mismatch for me and wont update. 

I have searched high and low to try and work this one out, below is the details of my unit, does that mean i have a MIB 1? it is a 2014 model. 

Device part number: 5E0035045B

Hardware: H42

Software: 0293

Any help getting a firmware that will work with this and try and fix my sound issues would be greatly appreciated  

If it's 2014 it's almost certainly MIB1. Is it definately Amundsen unit you have (does it have sat nav?). I'm not 100% on those particular hardware/part numbers.

5 hours ago, FluffyEyeball said:

If it's 2014 it's almost certainly MIB1. Is it definately Amundsen unit you have (does it have sat nav?). I'm not 100% on those particular hardware/part numbers.

Mine is the same as what is listed here for the 411 firmware, the reason the firmware does not work for me is that mine is a rest of the world not EU model. So i get a variant mismatch error. Taking to the dealer this week to see if they can manage to do it.