Breaking VW Emissions Scandal -Mk I

Ryeman

Skoda have an Online Checker,

maybe just not the vehicles on it yet that need the Service Campaign Field Action work doing, once VW know what that will be.

Or one Specifically for the Emissions Issue.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Be sure to let Skoda UK Customer Services know if you are un-happy with the VIN Checher 

or any other issue, or they will be saying Customers are happy with all they are doing.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

I used the checker again and the answer came back in the negative, so I used the 2nd link you so kindly provided and asked for an answer by e mail as then I should have something in writing from Skoda.

I used the checker again and the answer came back in the negative, so I used the 2nd link you so kindly provided and asked for an answer by e mail as then I should have something in writing from Skoda.

I should imagine Skoda are passing on all queries to VW AG.

I the sense that they don't know yet either.

Edited by Ryeman

Stuart,

often when the Service Campaigns are done, if a Dealer Calls the parson says 'Recall' but seldom do letters get sent,

and not guaranteed to be any contact made with Registered Keepers.'

I know this is an unholy mess, and you posted on a Sunday, but when did the Church become involved?

• Like 3

VW Chief Warns Cheating Scandal May Threaten Company's Existence

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-04/volkswagen-chief-warns-of-existential-threat-of-cheating-scandal

Volkswagen AG’s designated Chairman Hans Dieter Poetsch warned managers that the diesel-emissions scandal could pose “an existence-threatening crisis for the company,” as it pleaded for public trust with full-page ads in national newspapers.  The German carmaker faces a Wednesday deadline to present a plan to fix some 2.8 million vehicles in its home market. Poetsch told managers last week he was certain the Wolfsburg, Germany-based carmaker will overcome the crisis with enough effort, according to Welt am Sonntag newspaper.  Volkswagen and German industry have been rocked by charges, first made by U.S. regulators on Sept. 18, that the carmaker had used software to hoodwink regulators about the true emissions of its diesel cars for years. As owners of 11 million affected cars across the globe, regulators and investors await answers, the crisis has wiped out almost 30 billion euros ($34 billion) of the company’s value.  As Volkswagen’s new chief executive officer, Matthias Mueller, vows to repair the damage, the carmaker undertook a media campaign that included a full-page mea culpa advertisement published in major German newspapers to mark the 25th anniversary of the country’s reunification. Instead of lauding a quarter century of German unity, the company used fine print on a broad white field to say it would dispense with celebratory expressions, instead assuring the public that it will resolve the crisis.

VW Chief Warns Cheating Scandal May Threaten Company's Existence

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-04/volkswagen-chief-warns-of-existential-threat-of-cheating-scandal

Volkswagen AG’s designated Chairman Hans Dieter Poetsch warned managers that the diesel-emissions scandal could pose “an existence-threatening crisis for the company,” as it pleaded for public trust with full-page ads in national newspapers.  The German carmaker faces a Wednesday deadline to present a plan to fix some 2.8 million vehicles in its home market. Poetsch told managers last week he was certain the Wolfsburg, Germany-based carmaker will overcome the crisis with enough effort, according to Welt am Sonntag newspaper.  Volkswagen and German industry have been rocked by charges, first made by U.S. regulators on Sept. 18, that the carmaker had used software to hoodwink regulators about the true emissions of its diesel cars for years. As owners of 11 million affected cars across the globe, regulators and investors await answers, the crisis has wiped out almost 30 billion euros ($34 billion) of the company’s value.  As Volkswagen’s new chief executive officer, Matthias Mueller, vows to repair the damage, the carmaker undertook a media campaign that included a full-page mea culpa advertisement published in major German newspapers to mark the 25th anniversary of the country’s reunification. Instead of lauding a quarter century of German unity, the company used fine print on a broad white field to say it would dispense with celebratory expressions, instead assuring the public that it will resolve the crisis.

Classic 'back off' statement to buy more time.

Classic 'back off' statement to buy more time.

Knowing Germany authorities they will set up camp in Wolfsberg and stay there until sorted as they can see the damage to brand Germany far beyond VAG. 

• Like 1

Is there any mention anyplace about 'LeasePlan' that Volkswagen just sold recently for several Billion Quid.

I imagine the people that bought 'LeasePlan', might be questioning what VWG knew and when before offloading it.

The money will be coming in the same while the vehicles are out with Customers, 

but the value as they go to Auction and the Used Motor Trade is not going to be a predicted on their balance sheets.

http://leaseplan.co.uk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeasePlan_UK

The Relevance is from any talk of VWG and their financial situation and legal actions. post #1852. 1853, 1854

If they can survive, or Financial Institutions will have to take over control.

Because Leased Cars are owned by someone, and they have to sell them eventually, be that VW or the Lease Companies.

Some cars bought on Lease already are Contracted to the next Owners or Dealers at agreed prices before they are even First Registered.

(VW sold just this year it's part of a Huge Lease Company, to concentrate on their Own Lease and Loans, using Borrowed Money.)

The Registered Keeper should be getting a Letter, or those Companies Leasing possibly with Fleet Vehicles about the 'Fix'.

They might have the Vehicles that Customers have right now 'Called in' for Service Campaign actions,

or they might leave them out there until the End of Lease, and the vehicle is returned.

We will hear something no doubt as those with a Leased Vehicle get informed.

But no big deal.  It is just a little disruption.

As to the Vehicles value at hand back,  that is who ever owns its issue to deal with if vehicles are several hundred or thousands down in the value at auction.

Not a problem for anyone just paying the monthly lease on a vehicle.

Strange for them to call on a Sunday... :)

Can you do me a favor and try your VIN in the Skoda and VW site... 

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo

And see if anything comes up... Just want to see if you get the same results as me.. .ALL OK :)

Skoda link not processing. VW link states car not affected. Clear as mud

• Like 1

My VW Golf Mk 6 2010 2.0 TDI 140bhp Euro 5 has just come up as all clear on the VW site. Strange I thought these were the models that were affected.... :clap:

• Like 1

Strange for them to call on a Sunday... :)

Can you do me a favor and try your VIN in the Skoda and VW site...

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo

And see if anything comes up... Just want to see if you get the same results as me.. .ALL OK :)

Skoda link not processing. VW link states car not affected. Clear as mud

It says on the VW page that it can only give information for VW cars and Vans and to go to the relevant website of other VW brands!

To quote the web page "Please note: we can only give information about Volkswagen Passenger Cars and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (worldwide except for the USA and Canada). For other Volkswagen Group brands, please visit the relevant brand website."

Shame really because it does say mines OK! But then it does also point out that you have to make sure your VIN is inputted 100% correct so I can only presume that only affected VIN's are on the data base so one it doesn't recognise is deemed OK! As ours are Skoda VIN's there probably not on VW's list, so not recognised and therefore given the all clear! 

Ryeman! Your not always right! It's is actually a link to take diesel owners to a page to VIN check if there VW is affected by the diesel scandal! Its probably not working at the moment as it probably being inundated by VW owners checking there VW's, have you followed it! Where do you think I got the VW statement from!

I'm confused! Engine type of my 2011 2.0CR Tdi is CFFB.

CFFB is on this list: http://www.autoforum.cz/zivot-ridice/vw-tdi-ea-189-mate-v-aute-motor-co-lze-skody-jsou-jich-plne/obrazek/2

CFFB is not on the Superb II section on this page: http://www.autoforum.cz/zivot-ridice/tohle-jsou-vsechny-skody-s-tdi-co-hraji-dvoji-hru-je-jich-vazne-pozehnane/

I've tried to keep up with this thread, honest!  Anyone have an explanation, please?

Thanks,

Stuart

Anyone have an explanation, please?

Yup, nobody has a clue what's happening yet ;)

The lists you see are not from VAG so they are all likely to contain errors here and there. I am pretty sure the CFFB is a EA189 based engine and therefore is likely to be affected by this in someway.

However, until Skoda/VAG provide a list of cars don't worry too much.

• Like 1

Is VAG's stock market value even this high any more???

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115100399712/credit-suisse-estimates-dieselgate-could-cost-vag-up

Credit Suisse estimates dieselgate could cost VAG up to €78 billion

1601746917874116991.jpg
Skoda Octavia II facelift 2.0 TDI UK-spec

VW has allocated so far €6.5 billion

According to Credit Suisse's estimations, the entire EA189 diesel engine software debacle could cost the Volkswagen Group as much as €78 billion.  This is obviously a worst case scenario and would represent a massive blow for the German automotive conglomerate that has set aside for now "just" €6.5 billion to deal with the issue which involves recalling almost 11 million cars equipped with the EA189 1.2 TDI, 1.6 TDI and 2.0 TDI engines. In Volkswagen's vision, the amount of money should also be enough to pay the upcoming fines although it's very possible they will have to gain access to additional funds to face the penalties.    In reality, the problem is actually much bigger than this as there are thousands of remaining Euro 5 cars blocked at dealers and also this huge scandal will certainly have a negative impact on Volkswagen's image and many people will decide to go for another marque out of the VAG empire.   Credit Suisse's most conservative estimate of the cost stands at around €23 billion which still is about 3.5 times more than Volkswagen's allocated funds for the dieselgate. Hypothetically speaking, if the worst case scenario will actually happen, €78 billion would represent about seven times VAG's last year net profit.   There's also the issue of Volkswagen Financial Services which according to Credit Suisse is already having problems because they have to borrow more money than before in order to lend it to customers. CS says the VW's financial arm might need a cash injection from the group in the near future to maintain the business in good shape.

Source: Credit Suisse via money.cnn.com

• Like 1

Ryeman! Your not always right! It's is actually a link to take diesel owners to a page to VIN check if there VW is affected by the diesel scandal! Its probably not working at the moment as it probably being inundated by VW owners checking there VW's, have you followed it! Where do you think I got the VW statement from!

I think you will find the 'statement' that matters will come in the mail.

I think you will find the 'statement' that matters will come in the mail.

Ryeman, if you actually read my post I was only trying to point out the VIN checker was for VW vehicles only so as Skoda owners we would be wasting our time using it as we wouldn't get the right answer so it wouldn't be reliable and only Skoda would let us know! So my "statement" was quite valid and important for this thread as some was believing the checker was giving them valid answers, again if you followed the link you would now know it doesn't recognise non VW VIN numbers, this has changed since this morning and accounts for the downtime of the site during the day! Yes the best thing to do is wait for official notification from Skoda and not rely on the VW website, thats all I was trying to point out to those who used the VIN checker to check their Skoda and thought they were OK!

Edited by yesman

Ryeman, if you actually read my post I was only trying to point out the VIN checker was for VW vehicles only so as Skoda owners we would be wasting our time using it as we wouldn't get the right answer so it wouldn't be reliable and only Skoda would let us know! So my "statement" was quite valid and important for this thread as some was believing the checker was giving them valid answers, again if you followed the link you would now know it doesn't recognise non VW VIN numbers, this has changed since this morning and accounts for the downtime of the site during the day! Yes the best thing to do is wait for official notification from Skoda and not rely on the VW website, thats all I was trying to point out to those who used the VIN checker to check their Skoda and thought they were OK!

Yep

I haven't bothered checking and am quite prepared to wait for the 'stewing' process to take its course.

My car's fine but I guess there are some for whom time is critical in making a decision and are getting frustrated.

Green Car Reports 5 Oct

"European Makers: NOx Limits Must Rise For Real-World Emissions Tests" (including Toyota !)

70% is the figure (above 'test' results)

To quote "good luck with that".