Breaking VW Emissions Scandal -Mk I

Ryeman

All this and I read this morning that NASA sciantists have discovered that the ice is growing not receding, Also India are opening a massive amount of coal fired power stations pushing out tons of crap.What the hell are we bothered about VW cheat device for only the global warming zealots are bothered.I wonder how many of these people drive a vehicle burning fossil fuel?

Because it is not the worldwide emissions of CO2  to be worried about but the local pollution of Nitrogen Oxides and particles by diesels in urban areas that the health professionals tells us is killing tens of thousands prematurely in the UK and over a million worldwide per year. 

All this and I read this morning that NASA sciantists have discovered that the ice is growing not receding, Also India are opening a massive amount of coal fired power stations pushing out tons of crap.What the hell are we bothered about VW cheat device for only the global warming zealots are bothered.I wonder how many of these people drive a vehicle burning fossil fuel?

Absolutely!

What would scientists know!

They're ALL on 'the take' dontcha know'.......I read it in a Murdoch's rag.....err, I mean 'journal of record'

So the Design Chief at VW since 2007 (with responsibility for all the group's brands.) Walter Maria de Silva has resigned,

and the EU wants member countries to step up their investigations according to articles today from 

Reuters.  Not all Balls Buffets and Banquets at VW this weekend.   

I wonder how high up in the Corporation it goes with those helping with information and trying to cut deals for Immunity from Prosecution.

EDIT,

Articles online now saying that VW have said he is Retiring, 

but will remain as an Adviser.   So that will be him handcuffed to VW. 

Maybe in more ways and one.

Only 2 post today. This thread is starting to flag. This might liven it up.

Copied from honest John.

In a move that could have Worldwide repurcussions, Volkswagen of America will announce a prepaid voucher campaign on November 9, 2015.

American VW dealers have been told that it will be aimed at current owners of affected TDI models regardless of whether they bought their cars new or used.

Two vouchers will be offered to EA189 1.6 and 2.0 TDI owners. The first will be for $500 and has no restrictions on where it can be spent. The second, valued between $500 and $750, will be limited to use at Volkswagen dealerships.

To activate the vouchers, EA189 TDI owners have to visit their VW dealer with proof of ownership.

Owners can find out if they qualify for the “TDI Goodwill Program” by going to www.vwdieselinfo.com and doing a VIN check on or after November 9. If they qualify, owners will then be asked to register to receive updates regarding future developments on their diesel vehicles.

If VAG is doing this for VW TDI owners in the USA, it seems obvious that VW owners throughout the World will be clamouring "what about us?"

Exclusion could do more damage to VW global goodwill than inclusion will benefit Volkswagen of America.

Edited by m8t

Because it is not the worldwide emissions of CO2  to be worried about but the local pollution of Nitrogen Oxides and particles by diesels in urban areas that the health professionals tells us is killing tens of thousands prematurely in the UK and over a million worldwide per year. 

Thing is I don't believe that any doctor has ever entered NOx poisoning on a death certificate as a cause of death yet if "tens of  thousands" were indeed dying you would expect a few to be recorded! Yes it is not very good for you but as for kiling people I think that the figures quoted are an artifact of some clever mathmatics that multiplies a small fraction postulated as contributory to cause of death (probably a guess by an academic) by the annual total of UK deaths to get a 'large' number. The people who quote such figures should provide references for their assertions in my opinnion. I used to be a 'health professional' we and used deaths due to alcohol in a similar way to provide a public heath 'message'  and I did not like doing it. The guesses for that work were based on acacademic paper from a Northern university which I felt was making some unjustified assumptions but it fitted in with our 'tell people to stop drinking' policy' quite nicely. Lies dammed lies and statistics ! 

• Like 4

$500 to offset the trade's devalued worth.......bit of an insult if you need to trade in on an MPV type vehicle for instance......what are VW going to suggest.

No Sir!

I bought car which supposed to be within EU5 norm. They lied to me. Now, I will be forced to let them, because of their lie, to make Frankenstein of my car. No Sir! $500 is totally disrespectful!

What about poisoning of my family? $500 is totally disrespectful!

5000€ is amount worth of discussion.

Thing is I don't believe that any doctor has ever entered NOx poisoning on a death certificate as a cause of death yet if "tens of  thousands" were indeed dying you would expect a few to be recorded! Yes it is not very good for you but as for kiling people I think that the figures quoted are an artifact of some clever mathmatics that multiplies a small fraction postulated as contributory to cause of death (probably a guess by an academic) by the annual total of UK deaths to get a 'large' number. The people who quote such figures should provide references for their assertions in my opinnion. I used to be a 'health professional' we and used deaths due to alcohol in a similar way to provide a public heath 'message'  and I did not like doing it. The guesses for that work were based on acacademic paper from a Northern university which I felt was making some unjustified assumptions but it fitted in with our 'tell people to stop drinking' policy' quite nicely. Lies dammed lies and statistics ! 

I suppose they just enter breathing difficulties or the technical term for that.  The important info is what organisation from WHO downwards put out and what our politicians are going to do about it.  Here is the WHO link air polution..  http://www.who.int/phe/health_topics/outdoorair/databases/en/   Both Boris J and Zac G are committed to implementing must more stringent limitations of those vehicles identified as major polluters in to London via the ULEZ expansion and it is expected that other major cities, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield etc will follow suit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burden of disease from ambient and household air pollution
air-pollution-ts.jpg

In new estimates released, WHO reports that in 2012 around 7 million people died - one in eight of total global deaths – as a result of air pollution exposure. This finding more than doubles previous estimates and confirms that air pollution is now the world’s largest single environmental health risk. Reducing air pollution could save millions of lives.

Good luck with that.

Thanks, but don't forget, this is not recall because of technical problem, this will be recall with refit of engine parts (1.6 tdi) because of fraud. That is "slightly" different, like "slightly" difference 500E vs. 5000E

They deliberately tricked us and now they want to get away with a symbolic compensation.

No way! They must suffer! :devil:

Bob Lutz predicts it's the end of the 'clean diesel' concept....it's "dead".

Blames Ferdinand Piech and his reign of terror over management to push the 'clean diesel' concept.

Will it be "recall with refit of engine parts"?  You seem to know something that we all don't!  Speculation again!

:wall:

It is understood the the 1.6TDI will require new injectors on top of ECU mod.

But understood by whom?  I'll wait until I have official notification from my Skoda dealer if you don't mind.  Information from any other source is speculation.

But understood by whom?  I'll wait until I have official notification from my Skoda dealer if you don't mind.  Information from any other source is speculation.

I'm pretty sure it was official VW speculation.....1.6 hardware and ECU .....2.0 ECU

Even the Head of VW UK only knew what he was told and seemed to express doubt on things being done within the time scale that the VWG CEO had indicated in an Announcement.

You will see when things are being done what is happening,

just maybe best not be first to have your vehicle booked in, let VW do their Lease Cars first and Fleet etc.

'Whats the Worst that can happen'.

http://whatcar.com/car-news/volkswagen-emissions-need-know/1365269

SEE @ 7 Minutes 10 Seconds/

Knows nothing, can confirm nothing, one of the many 3 Monkeys that 'Front' Volkswagen in World Regions.

'Salespeople' only, Fall Guys and Take the Money and the Buck does not stop here, or near me.

SEE @ 9.30 Minutes.

This is the Type VW Like as Heads of Regions, just like employees at a Parts or Service Desk,

the least they know the better.

'Then the can keep customers in the Dark and Shovel them with sh!te', just like MUSHROOMS.

@ 26 Mins. 'The Fix', Timeline.  Not a Scooby.

So has anyone got any idea on "how much more" their VAG car has depreciated since this scandal over normal depreciation?

In the free market reference to Glasses Guide, or for those who do not have access and can wait for this secondary event, Parkers etc.

Bob Lutz predicts it's the end of the 'clean diesel' concept....it's "dead".

Blames Ferdinand Piech and his reign of terror over management to push the 'clean diesel' concept.

In the US almost certainly. In Europe I doubt it. On its way maybe, however, it will probably have a good decade at least to run.

Other technologies while now out there need a lot of infrastructure changes that will take time to implement.