Breaking VW Emissions Scandal -Mk I

Ryeman

Maybe look at the news articles on the Company that does Roadside testing on Traffic passing their testers in some US states and Up to 6 years ago were flagging up VW and Audi diesel polluters and advisory letters were going to the owners advising action on their vehicles

Let's see just how keen the EU countries are to get testing their countries engine and car manufacturers products. That is the Euro 6 Emissions vehicles that are not yet type approved or available until 2016/17.

• Like 1

Maybe look at the news articles on the Company that does Roadside testing on Traffic passing their testers in some US states and Up to 6 years ago were flagging up VW and Audi diesel polluters and advisory letters were going to the owners advising action on their vehicles

Let's see just how keen the EU countries are to get testing their countries engine and car manufacturers products. That is the Euro 6 Emissions vehicles that are not yet type approved or available until 2016/17.

6 years ago!

Wasn't much use then it seems.

Exactly

For the past 6 years Authorities in some states of the US. Took no action. But then EU countries were no better. It is how things are, sweep under the carpet and then indignation from a Nation when needs force them too. ? How are VW doing today on building back up the reputation and trust, any further on. Or are they still talking Golden Handshakes and payoffs of the seniors and which Media company to use

Max Clifford might be handy. Time on his hands right now

GoAuto News today reports that it's now thought that it "is likely" the EA288 has the same 'cheat device' in "some markets".....surely not!?

Be careful Graham will be along with his red 'Speculation' stamp.

But in all seriousness this isn't new news its obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense that If they successful get away with cheat device mk1 then it would just build confidence to implement mk2 into the latest version. Its same principle as infidelity if you cheat on your partner once and get away with it how many stop after that one? Human nature.

What I really want to see is the Euro 5 engines retested where VW say that they only need the cheat software removing.

And why they say that the injectors need replacing and possibly other work is required on the 1.6 engines. That is very suspicious.

Makes a change from speculation! :notme:

Edited by VAGCF

Nobody has said anything definitive yet regarding what any updates will be. Even when they do release the info i will not be rushing into anythin until i no what the consequences are

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

What I really want to see is the Euro 5 engines retested where VW say that they only need the cheat software removing.

And why they say that the injectors need replacing and possibly other work is required on the 1.6 engines. That is very suspicious.

Makes a change from speculation! :notme:

It's not a matter of removing the cheat, as lowering the NOx levels WITHOUT having to cheat on the test.

It's power has to be lowered as an offset to meet the test requirement Because it won't have the device to get it through.

That is the crux of the issue.

'If the power has to be lowered', then that is where VWG will likely have to replace vehicles if the owner does not want a lower powered vehicle 

than they one they bought.

People have consumer rights and that is what has to be revealed yet,

what VW intend doing so that people do not have to end up with lower powered vehicles after 2015 from what they had in September 2015.

It's not a matter of removing the cheat, as lowering the NOx levels WITHOUT having to cheat on the test.

It's power has to be lowered as an offset to meet the test requirement Because it won't have the device to get it through.

Yep, that makes common sense. Have we not read the smaller engines will need more than just changing the software, which seems likely as the smaller engines have been beefed up more so as to get acceptable performance. I would imagine those are the ones needing change of injectors and exhaust systems. What effect that will have on performance remains to be seen but seems likely to be lowered?. The bigger engines may get away with software change only but must also suffer performance-wise, and that is one head for damages?

Im not even sure what solicitors to contact in preparation for all this

At the risk of being stoned (the verb, not as, he WAS)

Maurice Blackburn

Slater and Gordon

Edited by Ryeman

At the risk of being stoned (the verb, not as, he WAS)

Maurice Blackburn

Slater and Gordon

Have you contacted that guy at slater and gordon?

Have you contacted that guy at slater and gordon?

The lead lawyer at Slater & Gordon for this matter is Jacqueline Young. She can be found on Twitter

Have u contacted her? Would you just leave details with them in advance of the software update

I follow her on Twitter for updates.

I believe you may be able to register for e mail updates.

Kev

Im not even sure what solicitors to contact in preparation for all this

Why not wait until the 'fix' has been applied and then see what issues you have with the performance of the car. The next step would be to see what the manufacturer of the car are going to do in regards of compensation etc. If you are not satisfied with the outcome then that is the point where you would take legal advise.

Going to these big shot legal eagles is just going line their pockets.  

• Like 2