Under seat storage boxes

Do any Octy 3s come with under seat storage boxes?

I fitted these to my Ibiza, the also come on some Fabias.

I have a hi vis vest holder under each seat, would sacrifice one or even both for the storage boxes.

Hi

My vRS came with one under the passenger seat, I have since fitted one under the drivers seat. Plus done the same to my Monte as well. It's a half hour job to do and well worth it

Steve

h3srr thanks for that, now I know they are available, I'll visit the local parts dealer & get one ordered.

How much did you pay for the box?

Here is how I fitted them to my Ibiza, I presume it is very similar on the Octy?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=314679

40 euro seems a bit steep when I only paid £12 for the SEAT ones. I'll have to pay a visit to the local Skoda Parts dealer & check the price

I got a box from dealer, the speed nuts(×4), screws(×4) and blanking covers (×2) were NOT part of the box order.

We eventually found the right part numbers for the screws and blanking covers, I ended up getting the speed nuts in partsforcars shop.

IIRC There was confusion but for drivers side of my car (RHD) I ended up ordering a Passagers side for a (LHD).

Edited by GAFF

Hi

I keep my drivers manual etc in the passenger one, and the drivers one is used for my travel docs eg passport. Mines mainly used for my trips to France.

The cost was (purchased when my car was new) about £20 approx from my local dealers. Well worth the money.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a left and right boxes from Superskoda (which include fittings). Will get to installing them if it ever stops raining....

Question for anyone who has already done it - is it necessary to remove the seats or will a flexi screwdriver do the job? 

I undid the seat runners and leaned the seats back. This was the easiest part of the job: two mins work. You need an M10 spline bit.

Even having done this, It was still pretty fiddly and awkward. You need to insert some clips for the screws to go into (SuperSkoda supplied these). Seeing where these go would be quite hard with the seats in place, although a mirror might work. And you'd need smaller hands than mine to get them in.

Anyway, I doubt I could have done the job myself without undoing the seats.

• Like 1

Our L&K has two under seat trays for hi-vis jackets (believe French law requires them to be easily accessible). Bought a couple for £3.50 the pair. But ... they don't fit - too large. So they're rather messily sitting in the door pockets. Can anyone recommend tiny hi-vis packets that will actually fit in the little under seat trays?

• 4 months later...

I installed both of mine without removing seats, its very awkward (especially with Canton) but it is possible.

I used this, http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/attachments/gu60q-jpg.88371/

Installing the speed nuts are the really awkward part.

Well fair play to you, must have been a real ball ache!! Fiddly enough with the seat unbolted - albeit still in the car!! 20mins both done :)

lol, them 'special' lifeboat holders are now in a plastic bag!! Little cubbies are great, oddment storage in the Octy 03 aint the best & when you have a glass roof no sunglasses holder.... so, in the passenger one is the handbook, in the driver side one are my sunglasses & a can of deodorant just incase I get a bit sweaty!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have one "real" storage box under passenger's seat (it takes up to 2 sunglasses box, OR 1 high vis, OR a pack of dashboard wipers). There's a sort of high viz rack under driver's, completely useless, mine is actually empty.

• 10 months later...
On 12/15/2015 at 15:05, GAFF said:

I got a box from dealer, the speed nuts(×4), screws(×4) and blanking covers (×2) were NOT part of the box order.

We eventually found the right part numbers for the screws and blanking covers, I ended up getting the speed nuts in partsforcars shop.

IIRC There was confusion but for drivers side of my car (RHD) I ended up ordering a Passagers side for a (LHD).

i bought the box from the parts dealer but it didn't come with speed nuts or screws. could anyone help out with the part numbers for the speed nuts and screws? thanks

Try the below numbers. I got the speed nuts in a PartsForCars shop as the dealer couldn't find them.

X4 screws M6X17X14 (I think that’s the size)
X4 Speednut N 90088003

X2 cap closure to fill 2 holes in box 1Z08819799B9