ezero1 device (CGON)

dowding

Have you read the UK MOT Manual for MOT's from May 2018?

I am implying nothing, i am saying plenty Smokey Diesels, be them Euro 4, 5 or 6 emissions will be passing UK Mots, 

and be out on UK Roads.

MOT special notice 01-18_ inspection manual and in-service emission data - GOV.UK.mhtml

The MOT test is changing – here’s what you need to know.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki

1 hour ago, tubbyleigh said:

Makes sense that they should push it now if the mot regs change. From what I've seen, it could be a permanent fix for a smokey car that's cheaper than having the injectors/pump replaced. Still expensive enough to be not worth it for a lot of failures though. 

Another miracle claim. 

Hopefully there will be people coming along on this forum and others in the next year telling how they have had a vehicle fail on emissions at a UK MOT and then just have this device fitted and get their vehicle through the test and back on the road.

MOT Testers as well that failed vehicles and then have seen them back for a re-test with the device fitted and them passing.

This is pretty much all the Company and the Fitters need to have customers booking in and boosting sales.

Well in fairness they'd be silly not to try to sell on the back of the changes. That's just business.

They might as well say that CGON will solve your GDPR problems as well. Everyone else is.

Edited by Aspman

• 5 weeks later...

Another update on our Ford Focus fitted with cgon ezero1.

I had hoped to replicate a journey I used to do some years ago commuting to Bracknell/Ascot on a daily basis, which would have given some comparative data albeit not a scientific test, just some real user data.

I used to average 50mpg over a period of one year.

However, my plans were thwarted by the ‘beast from the east’ and the house clearance we would be engaged in was dramatically changed due to a burst pipe.

So the data is different due to 2 people travelling in the vehicle in one direction and returning with back seats down and fully loaded with tons of goods.

Previously the the commute would have been a single person only.

So I was expecting sub 50mpg from these journeys.

The data shows consistently improving mpg over the period, with the last 54mpg being something I would only expect from trying to maintain a steady 55mph on A roads, not travelling at a fairly steady 70mph motorway speeds, semi-laden and reverse direction fully laden.

Whilst I see comments from others saying can you do a steady this that or other speed and all manner of other data relating to other testing parameters, this is not and has never been a scientific back to back test, it is just real data obtained from a vehicle fitted with the device.

In order to conduct a true back to back test I would need an underground facility of miles of tunnels that would maintain a constant temperature, humidity, wind resistance and an autonomous vehicle repeating many identical back to back before and after tests, along with many identical vehicles all repeating the same exercise. Automotive manufactures don’t do this now and the likes of Millbrook, Mira, Bruntingthorpe and other test facilities are all outdoors, so have many variables which cannot be excluded. And if this is done, it is not 'real world' conditions that the average Joe Bloggs would achieve with a given vehicle. It is actually pretty much impossible to repeat daily back to back driving on any road in the UK, (except maybe some isolated Scottish roads) on which to maintain some repeated average speed commute, but temperature, wind, humidity and other variables would all affect data.

I only need to cite the atrocious state of the highways in this country along with constant roadworks, accidents, detours, etc. which mean no one actually does a consistent daily commute with the exact same conditions on a daily basis.

My interest has never been increase in mpg, it has always been about finding a device that will improve the DPF and EGR systems fitted to our Skoda Yeti 4x4 which has the infamous EA189 engine fitted and has had the dubious VW fix applied which I later found out did not just remove the cheat software, but basically makes the DPF and EGR work at least twice as hard and will likely wear out prematurely before the original design intention. The cgon ezero1 seems the best option to prolong the life of these expensive components. I do hope to get this organised with cgon very soon once they have done a case study with an EA189 fixed engine.

Any increase in mpg is in my view an added bonus, the objective being a cleaner burn and less crap in the DPF and EGR systems.

As I have stated before as a long time diesel driver, I will be replacing the Focus with an EV soon and the Yeti in about 4 years time with another EV, unless Hydrogen fuel based cars suddenly plummet in price in the ensuing years.

Data below for those on this forum who actually have an interest in the data collected, not for those who are continual wingers and sceptics (flat earth society members)…

image.thumb.png.fdd7aecc1422e0b509ca9908bbd2a90a.png

• Like 1

?

Is this a Full tank you are showing then the actual Miles you got from a brim to brim from each 4.546 litres, 29/3/18 to 04/4/18 them 12/04/18.

Where you buy your fuel probably stopped receiving Winter Diesel from their supplier, but might still have been selling the Winter diesel late March into April.

EDIT.

OK, i see the bottom line now,  sorry missed that.

588 miles on the last tank full.

507 on the previous one.

Edited by Offski

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:30, CWARD said:

Meanwhile the CEO of Cgon, Simon Johnson, has a colourful past history on Companies House

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/omq_G-RNTuv57Y7Mq1G6IeZB72M/appointments

Despite all the claims of investment made in Cgon the balance sheet doesn’t show anything of the like with only £83k of tangible assets and the company being insolvent to the tune of £108k. Makes you wonder how long this company will continue before it joins the others Simon Johnson has been involved with. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08234358/filing-history

He's now gone.

Joanna Smith replaced him.

Must do some looking at her.

115 people have invested 158k and their cash has dropped 40k in a year 

Edit, sorry, math was off 40k is a better indicator.

https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/cgon/financials

Edited by mac11irl

• 1 month later...

Another update on our Ford Focus fitted with cgon ezero1.

Unit fitted middle of January 2018.

Genral trend is improving mpg as can be seen from the trendline in the attached excel sheet.

Another couple of tankfulls (added to chart) doing mainly motorway and some rural trips.

image.thumb.png.0c17863016a946f807f37a9baf1f1536.png

Subconscious (without knowingly doing anything different) changes to driving style can easily account for that amount of difference.

In a way you could say, "well it's helped then"; but if it costs you £500-odd quid for that much help, payback time will be very lengthy.

The change in use of the car is probably the biggest factor, followed by the increase in ambient temperatures since fitting the device. 

I know you think the records might be showing something but they’re not without a control and more data such as ambient temps and avg speeds. 

My mpg rose over winter which contradicts the usual effects of cold air on diesels. My driving was the same, the average speed was less. I still filled at the same pump at Tesco. I know the reason was down to narrower winter tyres compared to the wider staggered summer tyres. If I posted up that my mpg had risen it too would be misleading without the full data. 

My first refill of 63 litres at Tesco in October from the first delivery of Winter Diesel gave me 730 miles until the next refill of 63 litres.

I was getting 630 miles per tank full for the 11 months up to October so nothing special or different that affected fuel consumption last winter.

All this winter since late October it has been between 630 to 730 miles from 63 litres i have been getting, depends if heading north, or south and if i bother using 'coasting function' or keep the toe on the accelerator.

So a good 10 miles to a litre or better with a 2.0 TDI SCR / DSG, until the last 2 fill ups now that the Winter Diesel is no longer being delivered.

Average speeds are the same all year as the trips and distances are the same.

This has been a good winter for the Tesco Diesel produced by Greenergy.   Love the cold days and nights and dry roads and lovely fresh air.

I have mates that drive tankers and they share the info on what depots they deliver fuel from, 

and if i have to wait at a forecourt while the stations tanks are filled it is easy enough to ask the driver where the fuel was collected for ASDA, Morrison, Sainsbury's, ESSO etc.  

http://greenergy.com/uk/independent 

DSCN3268.JPG.f7da764379e03812e8b2744bd091a8cb.JPG

Edited by Offski

In the same car driving the same roads, the change from winter diesel and temps to spring temps and normal diesel has given me an 11% increase in mpg.

• Like 1

Same. Even the range indicator has increased from around 900km on a brimmed tank tank to 1000km+ on my insignia the last couple of months..

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Story, fable or fairy tale? Does it have unicorns, pots of gold and magic in it? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5167287

• Like 1