Top Gear Starts Sunday BBC2, 20.00hrs

Chris Harris' review of the M2 was the worst he's done IMO. I think he's been told to up his excitement levels to try and compete with old TG and it doesn't suit him - makes him look a bit of a tool. And whilst I have no doubt the M2 is a great drive, the RS3 would walk all over it in the wet.

Why does Chris Evans wear the same outfit for each show?

Having watched a few old TG shows on Dave in the past week whilst catching up with new TG on iPlayer (the only way to watch it) the fact that the new presenters aren't journalists is blindingly obvious. Having presenters and actors do the stuff of journalists has ruined it for me.

Having said that, I'd be happy to see Chris Evans replace Evan Davies on Newsnight (just to tone down the interviews)!

Rory Reid is a motoring journalist but he's not time served in the way Clarkson or May were. But his car review bits are the most informative.

Totally agree about Harris being force to be 'zany', they should just let him do his bit his own way. There is a reason his YT stuff has lots of views so they should just let him do it that way. He's obviously a total Porsche fanboi though.

• Like 1

Last one on of the series on Sunday isn't it? Can't escape the feeling that this will leave the viewer with a very real sense of anticlimax and a nagging sense of disappointment that it never quite got there. Still, gives them plenty of time to sort their **** out and torch that mini before the next series.

I've heard that the reason Boris Johnson is not running for the Prime Ministers job is because he's been offered the next series of Top Gear to take over from the shouty one.

• Like 2

Last one on of the series on Sunday isn't it? Can't escape the feeling that this will leave the viewer with a very real sense of anticlimax and a nagging sense of disappointment that it never quite got there. Still, gives them plenty of time to sort their **** out and torch that mini before the next series.

It was always going to be that way. 

Assuming it comes back for another series that'll be the true test. If they don't make changes and it continues to be the same weak rehash of Clarkson's topgear then that'll be it.

I'd hope they regroup find a backbone and reboot properly making it their own way. 50/50 I reckon.

• Like 2

It was always going to be that way. 

Assuming it comes back for another series that'll be the true test. If they don't make changes and it continues to be the same weak rehash of Clarkson's topgear then that'll be it.

I'd hope they regroup find a backbone and reboot properly making it their own way. 50/50 I reckon.

Agreed

I've heard that the reason Boris Johnson is not running for the Prime Ministers job is because he's been offered the next series of Top Gear to take over from the shouty one.

Might as well give it a try. They changed it so little it doesn't really matter what body stands infront of the camera as long as they're told to 'do it like Clarkson used to', and if they could 'just act like a bit more of a nob?'

• Like 1

SIARPC is really crap this week. I normally like Greg Davies but it's painful to watch so far. Rory's piece was good though.

Love the feature in Extra Gear about moving cars from one hangar to another and getting some out of a van. I never knew that's how they do it.

That mini section needs binning for next series, would rather go without that section completely than put up with that ****

Good one tonight. Possibly the best (omitting the standard ****e celeb section).

Harris got to be himself in a fast car and it worked far better.

Less Evens, tbh if they want to keep him they should keep sticking him out in 'classic' cars, he seems a lot more at home in one than a supercar.

Was it telling that on Extra Gear everyone was there except Evans? Might as well go with that line up since everyone seemed to genuinely get on. Hope Harris get the German humor with Sabine calling him monkey boy, and still struggling to see the point of EJ.

Matt looked far more comfortable throwing that Porsche around the track. Looked liked he was really enjoying himself.

Edited by Aspman

What was the point of mentioning a 1960s Mustang? I've driven the roads it was tested on, and drive on similar ones nearly every day. The only 1960s "fast cars" I'd want to drive on those roads would be an E-type or an AM DB5.

In "other stuff" who was the guy on "SiaRCC" who wasn't Greg Davies? And is there any point to Bridget Jones' films beyond lettign Colin Firth lamp Hugh Jass Grant one?

The A835 is wonderful what ever you drive it in and any fast 60's car will do as the NSL is 60mph anyway.

You can have as good a time there with a car with almost no power.

The good old days were fantastic before TV presenters , forums and magazines told everyone where the great roads were,

routes get promoted as North Coast 500 etc and then you ended up having to slow down because so many have a in vehicle camera etc.

http://topgear.com/car-news/british/tgs-lap-scotland

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Hopefully now they'll gather their nuts and actually revamp the show rather than rehash...oh, and torch that mini and get the chumps back on the tarmac if they must keep doing that section.

• Like 1

So tara to Chris.

Offski, tried his best and that was not good enough!

So Mr Evan's has left the building.

Well, he was kind of doomed due to deep personal unpopularity. How he manages to keep the R2 breakfast show is beyond me.

Well, he was kind of doomed due to deep personal unpopularity. How he manages to keep the R2 breakfast show is beyond me.

I only tune in to hear Harry Belafonte lol

Local rag's running a poll as to who should replace him

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14597148.POLL__Chris_Evans_steps_down_from_Top_Gear___but_who_should_replace_him_/