Broker orders cancelled by Skoda UK

I did wonder before the orders were cancelled if NCD's non disclosure agreement was in place. I bought from another broker and was warned not to discuss my purchase with anyone. I wonder if this is why Skoda have cancelled the orders as they were unhappy that the available discounts were being openly discussed? I feel sorry for all of you who are not now getting your car, I'd have been devastated if mine had been cancelled after all that wait.

I would hazard a guess that the Brokers have been selling 'fleet & business' deals to the general public.

Skoda have found out and stopped supplying the brokers.

I used to work at Audi and the practise was rife years ago. It devalues the brand and the specific car. There was a time when you could get a A3 for £150/month with 6 months upfront...

Skoda are trying to build brand equity, selling off their flagship car to the general public at give away prices isn't the right thing to do. Business users, yes In some respects, private individuals, no.

• Like 2

From what i can read it seems to imply that NCD have been making the Superb a loss leader to get business, specially as other Skodas are still available and they have been caught out in some way. I believe loss leading is illegal ( sure someone will correct me)  if that is the case then i am not surprised that SUK would be totally miffed at this.

Just thrown all my Skoda, Seat and VW brochures out....had rather a lot! but don't need them as have no intention of ever getting one again, I have put a deposit down on another brand today (with a good discount!), should get it early July! amongst everything else super annoyed that I have lost the past three and half months! Must admit though, the forum for my new car is SO BORING! 

• Like 1

From what i can read it seems to imply that NCD have been making the Superb a loss leader to get business, specially as other Skodas are still available and they have been caught out in some way. I believe loss leading is illegal ( sure someone will correct me)  if that is the case then i am not surprised that SUK would be totally miffed at this.

Unlikely to be a loss leader. Lots of brokers offer similiar or better prices to those available from NCD (e.g Broadspeed). What precisely NCD or their dealer(s) have done to create this mess we may never be told. What surprised me is that a quick scan of their T&C's didn't show anything to protect them if their supply was cut off - maybe I missed something. They appear to be a sizable operation (from their website "New Car Discount is part of a larger finance company, Auto Union Finance Plc, and we have been trading since 1993 from our base in Warrington, Cheshire. We sell an average of 2500 new cars a year and broker finance loans to a value of over 25 million pounds a year. We currently have over 40 staff based at our Warrington office.") so they appear to have the experience to be able to do better. The hasty refund of deposits suggests they hope people just go away quietly rather than pursue the contract and require delivery i.e. question whether NCD take the loss rather than the end purchaser.  

Just thrown all my Skoda, Seat and VW brochures out....had rather a lot! but don't need them as have no intention of ever getting one again, I have put a deposit down on another brand today (with a good discount!), should get it early July! amongst everything else super annoyed that I have lost the past three and half months! Must admit though, the forum for my new car is SO BORING! 

Jeez, this is pretty rotten. Still waiting to learn if my car might be affected in the same way (not with NCD). Trouble is I am only 3 weeks into a 14-16 week wait, so anything could happen.

Preparing for the worst, I have been looking at alternatives. I've several up my sleeve, including the Passat estate and a second-hand E220.  What have you ordered, UncleWang?  You could just PM me if you don't want to post here.

@montegue.

"What surprised me is that a quick scan of their T&C's didn't show anything to protect them if their supply was cut off - maybe I missed something."

​see my post at #13 in this thread. the T&C I quote are from NCD

UncleWang, honestly I do sympathise, but this is at least the half-dozenth time you've told us all that you'll never buy a Skoda now, and I'm finally driven to ask you why you are directing your fury not at the villains of the piece, viz. NCD and the dodgy supplying dealer, but at the manufacturer, whose actions are (IMHO) not unreasonable, irrational or unethical? As the man from NCD said, as far as Skoda are concerned you are not even their customer. As an early contributor to the NCD thread you knew that the deal revolved around abuse of fleet sales. This wasn't an unpredictable outcome (though it was of course not inevitable). The risk did not pay off. I'm not saying you did anything wrong - I don't think you did - but it does seem to me that your anger is entirely misplaced.

Edited by nsfu
  • Like 3

Be a shame to lose you from the forum mate.... What a crap situation :-(

UncleWang, honestly I do sympathise, but this is at least the half-dozenth time you've told us all that you'll never buy a Skoda now, and I'm finally driven to ask you why you are directing your fury not at the villains of the piece, viz. NCD and the dodgy supplying dealer, but at the manufacturer, whose actions are (IMHO) not unreasonable, irrational or unethical? As the man from NCD said, as far as Skoda are concerned you are not even their customer. As an early contributor to the NCD thread you knew that the deal revolved around abuse of fleet sales. This wasn't an unpredictable outcome (though it was of course not inevitable). The risk did not pay off. I'm not saying you did anything wrong - I don't think you did - but it does seem to me that your anger is entirely misplaced.

UncleWang also told me via pm and on the board also that this was going to be a weekend car, his response to the cancelltion? .........Continue to drive his old Beetle and save himself £29k. A few posts later he has now ordered another new car...........work it out for yourself.

• Like 1

I expect Skoda UK deserve as much blame in all this as NCD. Most of the car manufacturers, and definitely Skoda, tacitly accept broker sales. They cater for a section of the market who do not need and are not prepared to pay for the full franchised dealer service. If Skoda prevented these sales, the customers would turn to other brands.

I suspect that what happened here is that the NCD deal became a victim of its own success. This forum, and may be others, probably played a part in that. NCD provided a great service with huge discounts and word got around. For every user posting here to say that they bought through NCD, there are probably dozens of others who remain silent.

Presumably Skoda decided that too many private customers were being diverted from the dealer network and pulled the plug. The supplying dealer is probably most to blame, for not managing the sales volumes within sensible levels.

When all the fuss has died down in a few weeks time, the whole process will start again. Possibly with smaller discounts.

• Like 4

I expect Skoda UK deserve as much blame in all this as NCD. Most of the car manufacturers, and definitely Skoda, tacitly accept broker sales. They cater for a section of the market who do not need and are not prepared to pay for the full franchised dealer service. If Skoda prevented these sales, the customers would turn to other brands.

I suspect that what happened here is that the NCD deal became a victim of its own success. This forum, and may be others, probably played a part in that. NCD provided a great service with huge discounts and word got around. For every user posting here to say that they bought through NCD, there are probably dozens of others who remain silent.

Presumably Skoda decided that too many private customers were being diverted from the dealer network and pulled the plug. The supplying dealer is probably most to blame, for not managing the sales volumes within sensible levels.

When all the fuss has died down in a few weeks time, the whole process will start again. Possibly with smaller discounts.

I think that's probably a pretty accurate analysis!

• Like 2

I was looking into getting a new mk3 octavia vrs. Having read all this topic, I E-mailed the dealer I was in comunication with, that I was no longer interested in a skoda car and gave this topic as my reason. Ok some on here might think what's it got to do me when I'm looking at Octavias not superbs. It's the principle, the way Skoda UK are treating the customer, OK NCD might have broken some agreement of some kind but they should have not taken any more orders and not cancel the orders already built. All they have done is loose customers and future ones and put a bad taste in people's mouth over the way They are treating "Customers".

Thank you, and all the best for the future.Come

Come on UncleW.... Rise above it... Cancel this other car you've ordered and get another order in for a 280....

• Like 2

Come on UncleW.... Rise above it... Cancel this other car you've ordered and get another order in for a 280....

+1 we don't want to lose you UncleW

• Like 2

Has anybody ordered from Buyanynewcar and had their order cancelled as up to a few days ago, their prices were actually cheaper than NCD!

UncleWang also told me via pm and on the board also that this was going to be a weekend car, his response to the cancelltion? .........Continue to drive his old Beetle and save himself £29k. A few posts later he has now ordered another new car...........work it out for yourself.

I just love playground snitches......your user name is appropriate, with a miserable snitching in front of it!!!!!

• Like 1

See you folks - I've found another car - Passat BiTDI - best part, available within 10 days, bit less kit but great engine and discount was decent too.

Shame to leave the forum, it's been my daily read for the past 4 months, as other said, unusually civilised place with (mostly) very mature people.

• Like 3

+1 we don't want to lose you UncleW

+2

Stick around either way Uncle! Would you mind PMing me what you ordered? We share taste in cars and I'm admittedly curious. :)

Thank you for the support guys, I really appreciate it.....to be honest, the Superb was way too big for me anyway....I just liked the engine and four wheel drive without being boyracerish! and the other car was always in the frame anyway.

• Like 1

See you folks - I've found another car - Passat BiTDI - best part, available within 10 days, bit less kit but great engine and discount was decent too.

Shame to leave the forum, it's been my daily read for the past 4 months, as other said, unusually civilised place with (mostly) very mature people.

Shame it had to come to this, but take care and all the best.