Broker orders cancelled by Skoda UK

So Skoda UK who initiated the cancellation of the NCD orders and put all the cars into the national demo fleet are now concerned.

I find that hard to swallow.

I can only report back what I was told. Do you have hard evidence that it was Skoda UK that "initiated" the cancellation of orders? I have only read from NCDs response that this is the doing of SUK, I'd like to hear it from the source.

It is also strange to me that to date I (we on the forum) have yet to hear of any other cancellations from various other well used brokers.

Edited by Oldgits

I can only report back what I was told. Do you have hard evidence that it was Skoda UK that "initiated" the cancellation of orders? I have only read from NCDs response that this is the doing of SUK, I'd like to hear it from the source.

It is also strange to me that to date I (we on the forum) have yet to hear of any other cancellations from various other well used brokers.

"My" car was in the UK awaiting the transfer to the dealer. SUK stopped the car and other buyers cars at the UK ports.

"My" car was in the UK awaiting the transfer to the dealer. SUK stopped the car and other buyers cars at the UK ports.

Yeah I appreciate and understand that, sadly the same for a few others too I guess. I'm just trying to understand what exactly has happened, it just doesn't sit well with me that to date it's only NCD orders that have been cancelled...........unless we learn differently in the days ahead.

I also bought through Carwow, they arranged the deal through Beadles of Maidstone and I finished up with a saving of £4,640 everything was done through the dealer and I always had a named sales "executive" to deal with.  More than happy.

I second that. Carwow is effectively a digital marketplace where competing dealers tender for your business. You have no contract with Carwow.

We did 2 specs for our Skoda (lower and higher) and got around 6 competitive each for our business. A range of discounts and more generous for the higher spec. Our local dealer doesn't work with Carwow so they were all further afield.

A simple email to the (excellent) sales guy at our local dealer and he undercut the best Carwow price. No haggling required. He was fully aware of Carwow and clearly had a policy to deal with it.

Very happy with the price. A good generous discount. Not NCD levels but well on its way there and I was more than delighted.

Carwow takes the legwork out of buying a car. it also removes the need to haggle in an area I have little experience or skill.

Exactly. So far, we only have NCD's side of the story on this. If I had to tell lots of people the car they've been waiting weeks/months for was now cancelled, I imagine I'd try and minimise my fault in the debacle!

It is indeed also perculiar, as others have mentioned, that other brokers are so far apparently unaffected. It does suggest there is more to all this than we know. And we can speculate for weeks about this, but unfortunately speculation is all it will be, unless someone manages to have some definitive contact with Skoda themselves.

The one thing I am sure of, though, is that whoever is at the root of this issue have been particularly unfair in cancelling orders that have already been placed as this is just unfairly penalising the unwitting customer and causing understandable ill-feeling towards the brand. The action taken should have been to prevent all future orders, in my opinion.

One last thing - I wonder exactly what the scale of this is? How many cars are we talking about, specifically that have been built already and cancelled? Potentially it's a LOT of cars that are now going to be put into the demo fleet, which seems like a somewhat odd move, as I'm not sure how this can be a financially good move?

Note that  NCD website shows following message when searching for Skoda, Jaguar, Mitsubishi, VW and Vauxhall cars

"Sorry we are temporarily not stocking xxxx vehicles"

Note that NCD website shows following message when searching for Skoda, Jaguar, Mitsubishi, VW and Vauxhall cars

"Sorry we are temporarily not stocking xxxx vehicles"

Out of curiosity, where on NCDs website will I find that message? Just looked and cannot find it.

Scrub that just found it!

Edited by Oldgits

I would still like to know if anyone has ordered from Buyanynewcaronline when their prices were even cheaper than NCD and whether those orders are still being honoured. If they are,then it can't just be a price issue.

That is disgusting and when  fully under  public gaze, which it surely will be at some stage when the Press etc get wind of what is going on, Skoda's reputation will suffer.  And why has Skoda, seemingly  alone, taken this action.  Other manufacturers appear to be continuing with N C D, who were doing nothing wrong or illegal. It beggars belief that Skoda agreed to make the cars as  required then refused to deliver them. If WATCHDOG get hold of this, some in Milton Keynes  will end up with red faces?

That is disgusting and when fully under public gaze, which it surely will be at some stage when the Press etc get wind of what is going on, Skoda's reputation will suffer. And why has Skoda, seemingly alone, taken this action. Other manufacturers appear to be continuing with N C D, who were doing nothing wrong or illegal. It beggars belief that Skoda agreed to make the cars as required then refused to deliver them. If WATCHDOG get hold of this, some in Milton Keynes will end up with red faces?

Not if NCD have breached the terms and conditions that Skoda impose on selling fleet cars. I genuinely can't understand the backlash against Skoda. I think that NCD have fallen foul of exploiting a loophole that has now been spotted by Skoda. Don't get me wrong I genuinely feel bad for those who aren't getting their vehicles but at the end of the day it's Skoda's prerogative to sell to who they want and at what price they want.
  • Like 1

That is disgusting and when  fully under  public gaze, which it surely will be at some stage when the Press etc get wind of what is going on, Skoda's reputation will suffer.  And why has Skoda, seemingly  alone, taken this action.  Other manufacturers appear to be continuing with N C D, who were doing nothing wrong or illegal. It beggars belief that Skoda agreed to make the cars as  required then refused to deliver them. If WATCHDOG get hold of this, some in Milton Keynes  will end up with red faces?

At the moment we are lacking facts, all we know for a fact is many purchasers have had their agreement cancelled. If by getting Skoda involved as I am currently attempting perhaps we may get the other side of the story. I very much doubt we would get any further with NCD, that has become quite obvious.

Cannot imagine the media would show any interest at this stage, with a bit more of the whole sorry saga explained with a few more "facts" to hand, then it might be a different matter.

The auto industry has never enjoyed a glowing reputation and in light of recent revelations, admissions etc concerning emissions the pr within the industry is at its lowest ebb with a dwindling customer confidence. News of this debacle does deserve explanations, admissions, apologies and dare I wish......action for those that have suffered loss. Unlikely but if there is enough pressure applied in the right quarters, who knows, we may get a welcome surprise.

I cannot imagine for one moment they will make such a revelation on social media. Not at the moment anyway.

Why not? If they feel they are doing the right thing, surely explaining WHY they are doing it to a dejected customer who has had their vehicle order cancelled when the car has already arrived in the country, can only be a positive for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if NCD have breached the terms and conditions that Skoda impose on selling fleet cars. I genuinely can't understand the backlash against Skoda. I think that NCD have fallen foul of exploiting a loophole that has now been spotted by Skoda. Don't get me wrong I genuinely feel bad for those who aren't getting their vehicles but at the end of the day it's Skoda's prerogative to sell to who they want and at what price they want.

So why have all manufacturers  not acted in the same way, even  two in the V A G group are still dealing  with  N C D. And whether Skoda are LEGALLY  able to  stop carrying out a contract , it certainly does their reputation no good by having not  only agreed to enter into a contract and  confirm it's acceptance to them by actually making the vehicel, but then at that stage, refuse to honour the deal, to my mind, is not kosher. They should never had led innocent potential purchasers on in the first place.  Supposing after the vehicle had been made and  due for delivery, the purchaser told Skoda to go  swing, I  don't think Skoda would let the matter stop there?

Why not? If they feel they are doing the right thing, surely explaining WHY they are doing it to a dejected customer who has had their vehicle order cancelled when the car has already arrived in the country, can only be a positive for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannot agree with that more, it's what we all want I guess

. But to use a social media platform for the world to see is a different matter. Just think for a moment of the possible ramifications that might arise from this episode, dealership found guilty of transgressing manufacturer rules and regs? Having worked in a main line dealership I know for a fact that the punishments are serious, huge fines can be imposed and even worse, the loss of franchise, I've seen it happen, jobs lost, large financial losses incurred, it's a very serious business with all sorts of legal issues.

So why have all manufacturers  not acted in the same way, even  two in the V A G group are still dealing  with  N C D. And whether Skoda are LEGALLY  able to  stop carrying out a contract , it certainly does their reputation no good by having not  only agreed to enter into a contract and  confirm it's acceptance to them by actually making the vehicel, but then at that stage, refuse to honour the deal, to my mind, is not kosher. They should never had led innocent potential purchasers on in the first place.  Supposing after the vehicle had been made and  due for delivery, the purchaser told Skoda to go  swing, I  don't think Skoda would let the matter stop there?

But who was your contract with, Skoda or NCD?

On a seperate note has anybody firsthand experience with CarFile? So far I have discovered they hand your enquiry over to the dealer ( a dealership in Nottingham area), the discount is very good and interestingly they also discount the options, not something I've come across so far elsewhere.

Edited by Oldgits

But who was your contract with, Skoda or NCD?

I have not entered into any form of transaction with N C D, or any other broker. Ordinarily, a broker acts as an agent for the company and has a form of  Appointment Contract with them, so presumably  N C D have ( still as they are dealing with other Manufacturers, incl. 2  within  VAG group ) with Skoda and which Skoda have  withdrawn. I do not think N C D have  a Contract with the Main Agents?, I may be wrong . The heading of this thread  refers to Skoda having withdrawn the sales, whether direct to N C D or via Main Agents, we are not told.

So why have all manufacturers not acted in the same way, even two in the V A G group are still dealing with N C D. And whether Skoda are LEGALLY able to stop carrying out a contract , it certainly does their reputation no good by having not only agreed to enter into a contract and confirm it's acceptance to them by actually making the vehicel, but then at that stage, refuse to honour the deal, to my mind, is not kosher. They should never had led innocent potential purchasers on in the first place. Supposing after the vehicle had been made and due for delivery, the purchaser told Skoda to go swing, I don't think Skoda would let the matter stop there?

When buying through NCD, you have no contract with Skoda. As far as Skoda or the Skoda dealership the car is being bought through are concerned NCD are the customer. So Skoda are not breaching any contractual obligations as there are none with the end user of the vehicle. NCD are essentially the customer.

I can assure you that Skoda could not a flying f**k that individuals have not got their cars because if the demand is as strong as it appears to be for this model, those cancelled cars will sell pretty sharpish.

If anyone has anything to be sorry for its NCD. They took deposits knowing that there was a possibility this could happen. Skoda have merely acted to stop something they saw as a breach of their terms.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's the two ends of the possible situation clearly outlined in this thread. Whatever the truth we are unlikely to ever know. I am sure it will not be simple that's for sure!

What I think is important for Skoda to understand in all this posting is the impact on their name that has been caused by the non-supply of vehicles already built, especially where some prospective buyers had indicated a willingness to pay a little more if there was a lawful/legal way for them to have their individually specced cars.

I do agree, howeve,r that it is a tiny storm in a teacup for such a large company.They maybe lose a few sales but how many beyond this forum would actually be aware this has happened? Even if you are aware I doubt it would be seen as a Skoda problem. After all, it doesn't change the car does it?

Very sad for those affected and I would be just as upset as others if I had lost my car BUT it is tomorrows fish an chip paper stuff really.

• Like 1

Hi, just joined the forum and have been reading through the posts, hopefully I may be able to shed some light. Each dealer has a limited number of cars they can order each month, so depending how many orders they process affects the leadtime from dealer to dealer. So if a dealer also provides cars say for a broker then it is likely to have longer leadtimes as they would have already used up their build slots. I have ordered the 2.0 TDI 150 Manual Estate SEL, I first contacted a broker as the online discounts were very attractive but they quoted delivery times around June/July as the dealers they use had already filled up their order slots because of the discounts they were offering. My preference was to use my local dealer Allams of Epsom who we purchased my wifes Citigo through last year who we found to be very good and the communication was excellent as my wifes car was also a factory order. I placed the order on the 19th February and have a week 15 build date as they had April build slots available when I ordered the car in February for April. so hopefully looking at around 12 weeks from order to delivery. 

Seems about right, but personally I would rather stick to the broker and save a few grand and get the car a few weeks later! Though in my case due to the car I ordered, it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference with lead times with broker or local dealer.

Basically then used the broker quote to negotiate with the main dealer, they got closer enough for me to agree the deal, worth a little extra as I know the comms from this dealer is very good and they confirmed what build slots they had avaialble.

Local dealers couldn't come anywhere near the discount offered via broker and so far they have more than efficient.

I am really sorry to hear about this whole situation, I do think it is very disapponting that a resolution could not be found for people to recieve the cars they had been waiting for. It was interesting going back through an old thread and the difference in the process, after ordering my car in February and taking delivery just 11 weeks later, this is where a very good dealer does make a name for themselves and provides a valuable service which all dealerships should be providing. 

I can not believe that people can not be told who the dealerships is, when the build date is etc when all this information and key dates was made available to myself from my dealer during the order/delivery process.

I did look at the broker route but I did not feel comfortable with the lack of information and extended leadtimes,  so I negotiated a good deal direct from a dealership and got the piece of mind that went with it.

On a seperate note has anybody firsthand experience with CarFile? So far I have discovered they hand your enquiry over to the dealer ( a dealership in Nottingham area), the discount is very good and interestingly they also discount the options, not something I've come across so far elsewhere.

I am in the process of getting a Superb through Carfile. Once i confirmed I was serious in getting a car they passed my contact details over to a dealer and since then I have only been in contact with that dealership via phone and email.

In total I had 3 emails from Carfile. One asking if I was serious about my enquiry, one to say they would forward my details on and the third to say they had and I should hear from the dealer soon. Very strait forward and easy.

The Carfile dealer quoted me a good price that my 2 local dealerships said they were not prepared to match or get anywhere near so I ordered the car from the dealership about a week an a half ago. It will be a bit of a trip to collect the car, but the saving was worth it.

I also looked at NCD and UK Car discount. They were both cheaper than the Carfile dealer, but as I wanted to get finance buying from a dealer worked out better value as the interest rate is lower. I also was not comfortable buying the car through a middleman.

So obviously early days, and I am a long way away from getting my car, but I would recommend Carfile so far as it was totally painless and dealing with a dealer over email has been a far better experience than going into a showroom.

I still have an email from UK car discount quoting me £28,206.49 for a Superb L&K 2.0TSI 220 estate with £2k worth of options from the 16th of May. Looking at their site today you cannot even order a Superb.

Edited by moose56
  • Like 1