EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

My God you don't get it do you?? Yes, they fought for peace and the Union of Europe has maintained that peace ever since by bringing all of Europe to the same table to talk (jaw jaw not war war). Europe has never known such a long period of peace. Ever.

One of the many untruths the remainers peddled hopefully they will stop the silly rhetoric now they have lost.

• Like 3

War ended in 1945, we didn't join the "current" EU until 1976ish.....are you suggesting that between 1945 & 1976 we did not have peace, or free trade, or common values?

I think people forget that a better free trade area & peace did exist before!

it was Jan 1st 1973 as it happens and no, I'm not suggesting that. I said the Union of Europe has never known such a long period of peace.

I worry for George Osborne.

Will the family business actually employ him or anyone else, and can he scrape by on his millions which might dwindle.

Just as well they were astute enough to be investing offshore and tax efficiently, 

then what about Margaret Hodge can she get by on just her millions without any extra MP's wages and expenses.

A general election is required, then reform of the House of Lords done properly this time.

• Like 2

FFS! Too late to educate yourselves now, Britain :finger::wall:

"Even though I voted to leave, this morning I woke up and I just — the reality did actually hit me," one woman told the news channel ITV News. "If I'd had the opportunity to vote again, it would be to stay."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/

Too many who are thick & really should not have the right to cast a vote if they do not know what the EU is.....

• Like 1

Too many who are thick & really should not have the right to cast a vote if they do not know what the EU is.....

FFS! Too late to educate yourselves now, Britain :finger::wall:

Guys, I get that you are not happy with the result, but you might be at risk of making yourselves look a bit silly.

Edited by booke23
  • Like 3

Guys, I get that you are not happy with the result, but you might be at risk of making yourselves look a bit silly.

No I am happy with the result....he isn't....... :D

I was just despairing at the "density" of people in the article he referred to...

• Like 1

Does it mean my number plate with the euro flag is illegal?i might have to move to Scotland !and will I still be able to get the daily mail up there.

Edited by Sad555

Buy them quickly before rampant inflation kicks in and you can't then afford them! ;-)

Was thinking of picking them up cheap from a distressed buyer whos lost his job in the upcoming apocalypse.

Does it mean my number plate with the euro flag is illegal?i might have to move to Scotland !and will I still be able to get the daily mail up there.

Just buy a new set of number plates it will be cheaper than moving up north.

I might be able to wangle something Italian but not sure that's such a good bet either!

Syrian?

(or is that in poor taste.....)

Just buy a new set of number plates it will be cheaper than moving up north.

Actually, moving up north could leave you better off than buying a new set of plates me thinks...

• Like 1

This is partly Cameron's fault as something this big and life changing should never be left to the public decide on something so important. He promised a referendum so the Tories got back in (tbh Miliband was a wet lettuce anyway), had the referendum then lots of people against immigrants (who probably wouldn't have voted Tory before this promise) vote out. There is a direct correlation between the educated who wanted to stay and who didn't and it's a lot of the Jeremy Kyle crowd on social media, blaming immigrants for their work situation. If you can't get a job but someone from another country whose first language isn't English then you are pretty carp and need to do something about it. The "old" vote is another thing I have issue with. While you are of working age you can vote but the second you claim a pension you shouldn't be able to. You'll have 10-20 years max left to live and voting on anything affects future generations.

Why most of Wales voted out I have no idea, especially the valleys who after this will lose all the EU funding. Where I live in Wales, as I did voted remain. There's far too much uncertainty and working together is far better than being insular and remembering back to the "good old days". It's rose tinted glasses. It was never that good. I work in a factory who employs people from all over the EU and most were genuinely worried, some thought we'd voted to get rid of them which isn't the case which led to some difficult conversations today. The ones who want to work are bl00dy good at what they do.

We'll either get a Conservative government with Boris or Farage getting more majority and end up being a bigger headache for him. The media were all over him instead of Boris today. We are stuffed if UKIP ever get in
Scotland will leave and stay with the EU if they;ll take them.

Ireland will be in a mess. With some wanting to join the rest of Ireland and some wanting to stay in the UK I wouldn't be surprised if it goes back to the days of the troubles.

A person is intelligent when facts are clearly and truthfully represented. People are stupid and easily led but nostalgia and rose tinted glasses of the past. As a species tbh we are pretty stupid. With the tech and knowledge we have on this planet we should be much better off.

We don't have a TARDIS but somehow we've gone back to the stone age. No doubt it will come good in the end but that's years away.

And don't get me started on this moron. Needs kicking out of the gene pool...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDp5ngVeB-A

• Like 1

One of the many untruths the remainers

Which reminds me, we've already been told the truth about that £350m.

But can anyone give me a link to that eu army announcement that happened today.

Struggling to find it under all the other referendum articles.

There was a great comment by some guy (i forget who) after the "uproar" about people not being able to register because they left it till 10pm on the last night.

He said something like "perhaps there ought to be a barrier to stupid people voting - and perhaps that was it"

• Like 1

Which reminds me, we've already been told the truth about that £350m.

But can anyone give me a link to that eu army announcement that happened today.

Struggling to find it under all the other referendum articles.

Don't rush things the EU have a few other things to worry about first be fore enlisting you into their army.

This is partly Cameron's fault as something this big and life changing should never be left to the public decide on something so important. He promised a referendum so the Tories got back in (tbh Miliband was a wet lettuce anyway), had the referendum then lots of people against immigrants (who probably wouldn't have voted Tory before this promise) vote out. There is a direct correlation between the educated who wanted to stay and who didn't and it's a lot of the Jeremy Kyle crowd on social media, blaming immigrants for their work situation. If you can't get a job but someone from another country whose first language isn't English then you are pretty carp and need to do something about it. The "old" vote is another thing I have issue with. While you are of working age you can vote but the second you claim a pension you shouldn't be able to. You'll have 10-20 years max left to live and voting on anything affects future generations.

Why most of Wales voted out I have no idea, especially the valleys who after this will lose all the EU funding. Where I live in Wales, as I did voted remain. There's far too much uncertainty and working together is far better than being insular and remembering back to the "good old days". It's rose tinted glasses. It was never that good. I work in a factory who employs people from all over the EU and most were genuinely worried, some thought we'd voted to get rid of them which isn't the case which led to some difficult conversations today. The ones who want to work are bl00dy good at what they do.

We'll either get a Conservative government with Boris or Farage getting more majority and end up being a bigger headache for him. The media were all over him instead of Boris today. We are stuffed if UKIP ever get in

Scotland will leave and stay with the EU if they;ll take them.

Ireland will be in a mess. With some wanting to join the rest of Ireland and some wanting to stay in the UK I wouldn't be surprised if it goes back to the days of the troubles.

A person is intelligent when facts are clearly and truthfully represented. People are stupid and easily led but nostalgia and rose tinted glasses of the past. As a species tbh we are pretty stupid. With the tech and knowledge we have on this planet we should be much better off.

We don't have a TARDIS but somehow we've gone back to the stone age. No doubt it will come good in the end but that's years away.

And don't get me started on this moron. Needs kicking out of the gene pool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDp5ngVeB-A

So everyone that voted out is a tracksuit wearing, Jeremy Kyle styled idiot?

The decision wether to leave the EU or not should not be left to the public to which it directly affects? Who should it be left to then?

Pensioners should loose their right to vote?

And you call others idiots?

You sir should not throw stones

• Like 2

So everyone that voted out is a tracksuit wearing, Jeremy Kyle styled idiot?

No but a lot were just going by what I saw on social media.  You either had the chavs voting out because of "immigrants innit" or the "I'm alright jack" lot who have enough money or stand to make even more

The decision wether to leave the EU or not should not be left to the public to which it directly affects? Who should it be left to then?

We vote people in to do that for us and if we don't like what they do we vote for someone else. We aren't experts in every area. The Goverment we vote in are supposed to be.

Pensioners should loose their right to vote?

Yep. When I pass 65 I won't be voting. Or if I do it will be in my kids interests. Lots have voted out and will never feel the repercussions. It may end up being a good thing but there will be a lot of pain to come.

I'm not certain where we go from here and lots who voted Leave don't have a clue either. Was just about to think about houses and where I want to go next career wise but now it's all up in the air.

Anyone who thought the NHS would get £350m is completely deluded. And it was a bit unfair pinning that on Farage this morning - he wasn't even part of the official campaign! I love how quickly all the obvious remainers jumped all over that!

• Like 1

Or if I do it will be in my kids interests.

It is your opinion that Remain is in the interests of the UK and the future generations. It is not an indisputable fact.

The older generation have seen the EU over decades and what is has become since the 70s referendum and many have decided to vote Leave. 

What you are saying in the previous few posts is that only your opinion counts, now and in the future. When you are one of those older generation not long for this world, you will still vote for what you think, in your opinion, is best for your children. But the current older generations are not allowed to do this.

Your posts are absolutely vile, undemocratic, hate filled bile. Are you Junker in disguise?

This Referendum has shown the democratic will of the people. Remain need to clam down. The world is not going to implode.

• Like 4

As my Tory-voting Aussie-born straight-talking partner said a little while ago "Pathetic of Cameron to just 'take his ball and go in'".

I tend to agree with her, but am still pretty glad he is doing. :)