EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

I hope that makes my feelings clear :)

Perfectly.

I look forward to you enjoying your life in a country that's in an economic wilderness, shunned by the rest of Europe, scraping by on WTO rules, high oil prices, a devalued pound etc etc.

Still, at least you can relax in your walled garden in Hungerford safe in the knowledge that 'you took your country back'.

Err Teresa May IS telling you.

No-one told me how to vote, I spent the best part of 15 years watching this unfold and doing my homework, I knew exactly what I was voting for and against and I am ecstatic we came up with the right result. Nothing anyone said prior to brexit made any difference to my opinion, I know what the EU is and what it wants and I will always fight against it, and believe me, I am very much not in the minority on that. Had Joe Cox's murder not been weaponised prior to the vote, and Project Fear been exposed earlier this result would have been much greater in terms of margin. Plenty of people fell for Project Fear and I have heard plenty of Remainers say as much.

Perfectly.

I look forward to you enjoying your life in a country that's in an economic wilderness, shunned by the rest of Europe, scraping by on WTO rules, high oil prices, a devalued pound etc etc.

Still, at least you can relax in your walled garden in Hungerford safe in the knowledge that 'you took your country back'.

You should be thanking people like me for saving you from yourselves, you have absolutely no idea what you were voting for. To give you a little example, Neil Kinnock was in a previous EU commission that was exposed for it's corruption, the EU, as it does, decided to create a committee to investigate that corruption, guess who they appointed as it's head - Neil Kinnock lol, that is a fact, and you were voting for that kind of organisation. This is an organisation so interested in "democracy" that it couldn't even pass it's own criteria for being one.

No-one told me how to vote, I spent the best part of 15 years watching this unfold and doing my homework, I knew exactly what I was voting for and against and I am ecstatic we came up with the right result. Nothing anyone said prior to brexit made any difference to my opinion, I know what the EU is and what it wants and I will always fight against it, and believe me, I am very much not in the minority on that. Had Joe Cox's murder not been weaponised prior to the vote, and Project Fear been exposed earlier this result would have been much greater in terms of margin. Plenty of people fell for Project Fear and I have heard plenty of Remainers say as much.

So, you will accept whatever May decides what Brexit means?

• Like 1

You should be thanking people like me for saving you from yourselves,

you're having a laugh, right? :finger:

Your ID is TonyB1965 so I'm guessing you were born in 1965. In which case you wouldn't have been able to vote on the referendum back in the '70's.

Am I right so far?

I'm guessing your parents did and they voted not to join. Am I right?

You've probably been told all your life EU bad Britain Pink World Map.

you're having a laugh, right? :finger:

Your ID is TonyB1965 so I'm guessing you were born in 1965. In which case you wouldn't have been able to vote on the referendum back in the '70's.

Am I right so far?

I'm guessing your parents did and they voted not to join. Am I right?

You've probably been told all your life EU bad Britain Pink World Map.

Based on your record of being right so far I have to confirm that it hasn't worked out too well for you this time either.

Based on your record of being right so far I have to confirm that it hasn't worked out too well for you this time either.

then feel free to correct me and point out where else I was wrong.

I wouldn't worry, mine will go up just fine, I can't wait ;)

A small part of me hopes you'll burn yourself in the process and you'll be left with twelve stars emblazoned on your person.

Only a small part. :)

A small part of me hopes you'll burn yourself in the process and you'll be left with twelve stars emblazoned on your person.

Only a small part. :)

I wouldn't pin your hopes to high on that one, it will be the star spangled sphincter that gets roasted, not me :)

then feel free to correct me and point out where else I was wrong.

I wouldn't bother, because people such as yourself would never accept they're wrong, regardles of the facts. The bit that amuses me is that you still don't get it, even after the Brexit vote. That sneering BBC metro-elite attitude, it worked massively against you during the vote but you just can't help yourselves can you. I'm just waiting for the inevitable " I bet you beat your wife " meme, it's only a matter of time lol.

Wow, what a strange way this thread is going with the usual protagonists trying to convince or insult each other with any article they find on the web.

I'm not sure how you know who the protagonist is in a discussion that's roughly 50/50, Eddie.

I wouldn't bother, because people such as yourself would never accept they're wrong, regardles of the facts.

Interesting observation considering the Leave Campaigns lies have been debunked and there is a large number of people who voted leave who regret their decision to do so.

Large enough in fact that should the referendum be rerun, Remain would win by a larger percentage.

Interesting observation considering the Leave Campaigns lies have been debunked and there is a large number of people who voted leave who regret their decision to do so.

Large enough in fact that should the referendum be rerun, Remain would win by a larger percentage.

You believe what you want Nostradamus.

• Like 1

On Question Time this week there were several people who voted out in the audience. They were asked about if they would change their vote because they were lied to.

They all said they were happy with how they voted

They were all young and nothing like the people you say are racists (one was even Black)

• Like 2

I voted leave and i would actually like a rerun of the vote. For the opposite reason though im pretty confident it would be a higher majority leave vote. (I have good form, I was right predicting the Scottish independence Referendum, National and the EU Referendum result against the majority of so called opinion on here with your yougov polls) etc.

As i see it its the only way to silence you deluded re moaners. I would be happy to got to the ballot box again, infact this time i would do postal vote for convenience.

Remain was always the safe vote you knew exactly what you were getting some were happy with this many were not but most wanted change but were scared of the consequences.

In light of the EU's recent post brexit attitude, threats and Rhetoric, EU political shift and threat to the German banking system verging on collapse. I would say those that were scared into voting remain might think this time that its worth a punt and might be the safer option. I certainly can't think of anyone who regrets voting leave unless they did so on a whim. 

• Like 2

When you buy a financial product you get 14 days in which you can change your mind.

Before the referendum there was months and months and months of time to mull things over, consider the consequences of deciding on making a vote to leave or stay in the EU.

Think if you were being mis-sold or lied to by those that lie as a profession.

Time to wipe away the tears and live with the result of what your peers voted for.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 3

I voted leave and i would actually like a rerun of the vote. For the opposite reason though im pretty confident it would be a higher majority leave vote. (I have good form, I was right predicting the Scottish independence Referendum, National and the EU Referendum result against the majority of so called opinion on here with your yougov polls) etc.  As i see it its the only way to silence you deluded re moaners. I would be happy to got to the ballot box again, infact this time i would do postal vote for convenience.  Remain was always the safe vote you knew exactly what you were getting some were happy with this many were not but most wanted change but were scared of the consequences.  In light of the EU's recent post brexit attitude, threats and Rhetoric, EU political shift and threat to the German banking system verging on collapse. I would say those that were scared into voting remain might think this time that its worth a punt and might be the safer option. I certainly can't think of anyone who regrets voting leave unless they did so on a whim. 

I voted Remain for the reasons of being economic better off in the EU and the ease of travelling within the EU.   Now that the economic reality of evening the vote to leave the EU is unfolding ie 20% fall in the UK currency value, inflation returning, rising petrol and especially diesel prices (good for the air environment I suppose) we can tell the Leavers, " I told you so" but we have to respect the Leavers for choosing a path of a much more difficult economic future, less disposable income etc.  Brave decision.  Doubt immigration will come down as the refugees (non-EU) will keep coming.

The UK banks such as Lloyds-HBOS and RBS appear to be in a far worse state than Deutsche and Commerzbank with 5 times the level of bad debt and debts.  The Euro hit new highs against the Pound this morning and inflation has now leapt up to 1% from near zero and is reckoned by BoE likely to hit 3% in the next 18 months or so.     

What will our regained sovereignty, in 2019, actually get us as I not sure what we will get, tangibly in real economic and border control term, that we do not have already? 

Edited by lol-lol

I voted leave for the reasons of being economic better off in the EU and the ease of travelling within the EU.

Eh???   do you mean you voted REMAIN???

What will being out of the EU in 2019 gain us - Control of our laws and policies. The rest could be bad or good.

What will being in the EU in 2019 gain us - Honestly, who knows with the way things are, but it could be bad or good.

I don't see how people can be certain we'd have been better in than out or will be.

Certainly after the threats from the EU, if there was another vote, I'd be strongly in favour of leaving as opposed to on the fence this time.

• Like 1