vRS230 - realistic sale price

Wakey

Having owned my vRS combi for a grand total of 12 weeks and 700 miles I am contemplating selling to raise some funding for a venture.

Ive looked on AT and Skoda website and there are only a handful about, non really comparable to mine.

What do you think I'd achieve in a private sale?

Meteor grey combi. seven hundred miles. Heated front screen, Rear cam, full sunroof, auto dimming mirrors, manual 'box, spare wheel. Perfect condition

It's just a consideration at the moment as I hope to raise the capital another way as its an awesome car -  but for the purpose of options its worth thinking about

Thoughts...

I'll give you a tenner for it ;)

on a serious note, seeing as they have discontinued them here, you might be able to command a higher price than usual, especially if someone's real keen and annoyed at missing out

maybe a shade under what some of the dealers are trying to get for their ex-demo versions ?

Edited by Wet Kipper

With comparison websites offering ~£3k off VRS list prices,  in-addition to Skoda's 0% APR, £1000 deposit contibution, and £500 worth of fuel offers, you could be looking at a ~£7k loss. Keep it unless you like throwing money away.

• Like 1

seeing as they have discontinued them here, you might be able to command a higher price than usual

Sadly, this is probably unlikely, "discontinued them here" = they weren't selling.

General public don't want a big petrol engined car - a 230 which costs a couple of grand more than a 220 is never going to sell well - I was in the market for a 230 and it just didn't offer good value for money.

Am sure Wakey's motor is a peach.

Selling so soon ? Ouch. Bend over and be prepared to be taken roughly without lubrication :/

You could always chuck it on Freedom for sale as a feeler at the price you were hoping for

Compared to what you stand to lose in devaluation on the car it won't break the bank to do so.

• Like 1

You can buy a used example from a dealer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Skoda-Octavia-2-0-TSI-vRS-230PS-DSG-5-Dr-Hatchba-/152243975416?hash=item237272b4f8:i:152243975416

So guaranteed it won't ever be worth 25K not even 23K. Take several K's off the dealers for a genuine expectation what to sell for. Maybe 20K. I'd personally aim for about £19K or even less if I could haggle it.

Orville called it about right.

Not many people want to pay that much in cash and take such a risk buying from a private seller too, hence the price for the risk is always going to be much less than dealers ( who you can also chuck the car back at if you aren't happy)

The dealer could refuse warranty on any issues, caveat emptor. (recalling the recent clutch thread for instance). Far harder to do that when you have rights of buying car from them in the first place !

Edited by vRSAnt
  • Like 1

Thanks for input.

I was thinking 20 ish would be realistic.

As I said, it's not something I am deffo doing as the capital needed may come from another source.

The VRS230 is the best new car I've had for years and it's just spitballing really 

As the others say it is realistic to say at least £4k down minimum, that is the sort of depreciation for just taking ownership and driving off the forecourt.

I recently purchased a 2 week old car with 300 miles, as his wife didn't like the feel of the seat, for £6k less than the 1st owner paid for it :)

Probably an unhelpful comment, but had it been a DSG, I'd buy it all day long at £20k, so there are people out there who are happy to buy 'big' petrol's still.

Unfortunately I can't drive a manual, so it's not to be  :dull:

Gaz

Don't sell, it's a great car but it will lose a lot of cash. I was quoted a huge loss at the 1 year point when I considered trading in for a 230.

I'm not sold on selling tbh Redboy as I do have a few other means of raising the capital - one notably from a friend/investor whom I've done work with before. Obviously he wants a cut though.

Even if I got 19/20 I won't lose that much as I bought outright for a cracking price so it would be just a matter of cutting it loose with no complications.

I own a number of cars and for every day fun and practicality its an awesome car. Even my wife says to keep it! - this may well be a deciding factor  :x

• Like 1