Octavia III Facelift

For an extra 10 or 25 hp dependant on the model, it's not worth the hassle of changing.

Golf was releaved and GTI was stated as the above. So you can expect vRS won't be given the R power, unlike Seat :(

Edited by TTodorov

Like I say, the poor relation

Hmm, not sure I agree really. As I've said, the vRS is the same hot hatch class as the GTI and gets the same power. Seat doesn't seem to have anything to match it. The FR is as close as you're getting with the 1.8T. The Cupra sits up with the Golf R, where it is actually down on power in comparison. So whilst yes Skoda doesn't have anything to compete there, they do have the something to match the GTI.

Whilst I agree that the vrs is in the same class as the gti with roughly the same power, the golf r, which I was comparing to, is not in my opinion. Audi has its s3, vw has the golf r, seat has some fast leon thing ( not uo on my seat cars I'm afraid) and skoda has nothing to compare to those 3 cars. That is what I'm looking for from the next octavia model - something in that league not the gti league. I don't want an s3 but I do want that power train in some form in a vrs. Why can't skoda do that??. It would sell in bucket loads. I recently bought a vrs 4x4 diesel which had been available in other parts of Europe for ages yet not here in the UK. Again I could of bought an a3 or a4 with the same power train but I don't like them. That Is why I say skoda is the poor relation. I am a skoda customer paying good money for their products so why can't the playing field be level. Rant over , my apologies

The rear lights have hardly changed. I can only assume you think the current ones look bad if the new ones look 'horrible'?

I dont know,  I would need to see comparison picture side by side, but this facelift picture has some 'cheap china replica' design in those lights... (as I see it)

• Like 1

Whilst I agree that the vrs is in the same class as the gti with roughly the same power, the golf r, which I was comparing to, is not in my opinion. Audi has its s3, vw has the golf r, seat has some fast leon thing ( not uo on my seat cars I'm afraid) and skoda has nothing to compare to those 3 cars. That is what I'm looking for from the next octavia model - something in that league not the gti league. I don't want an s3 but I do want that power train in some form in a vrs. Why can't skoda do that??. It would sell in bucket loads. I recently bought a vrs 4x4 diesel which had been available in other parts of Europe for ages yet not here in the UK. Again I could of bought an a3 or a4 with the same power train but I don't like them. That Is why I say skoda is the poor relation. I am a skoda customer paying good money for their products so why can't the playing field be level. Rant over , my apologies

Ah I see. Yeah, I'm with you know.

Any ideas on when Octavia Scout will be respectively facelift-ed? Thinking about ordering it in ~ January.

It's difficult to imagine how will it look like with these "split eyes"...

I could be quite interested in a face-lift Octy if the interior quality (touchy - feely, etc)is as good as my '12 Superb.

I'd like the infotainment to be as good as the current or facelift Golf, but I don't want to have two Golf's in the family! 

Not al all worried about the new "face", I can't see it when I'm driving............

(Remember the last Granada / Scorpio?)

DC 

Who aspires to own an Octavia?? :D :D :D :D

Um, someone who rides a moped, someone who drives a Peugeot, Vauxhall?

Someone thinking of upgrading from a Citygo or a Fabia?

We keep getting told how good the vRS is, I can't imagine people are being forced to drive them  :D

News of a AWD Seat Leon Cupra:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/seat/seat-plots-296bhp-awd-leon-st-cupra-estate-and-hatch/

Probably where my money will go unless Skoda do something similar. Not because of fugliness, more because Skoda won't sell the car I want. (A petrol VRS 4x4 estate)

Edited by juan27
  • Like 1

Looks like a non-descript boring american saloon rather than a euro taxi!

Subaru did the same with the Impreza, every facelift was more hideous and sales figures dropped. It's change for changes sake not to improve the model.

Wish they would improve the narrow wheel/tyre stance on the vRS. Looks great on a photoshop brochure but in reality it's a different beast.

Why does Skoda not put facelift mock-ups on owners forums like this and gauge what the reaction is? Owners forums are the perfect place to see what the paying owners are liking and disliking about their cars. Do the manufacturers read them? Who knows.

Don't think I'll be changing my MKIII for this facelift any time soon. 

• Like 1

Looks like a non-descript boring american saloon rather than a euro taxi!

Subaru did the same with the Impreza, every facelift was more hideous and sales figures dropped. It's change for changes sake not to improve the model.

Wish they would improve the narrow wheel/tyre stance on the vRS. Looks great on a photoshop brochure but in reality it's a different beast.

Why does Skoda not put facelift mock-ups on owners forums like this and gauge what the reaction is? Owners forums are the perfect place to see what the paying owners are liking and disliking about their cars. Do the manufacturers read them? Who knows.

Don't think I'll be changing my MKIII for this facelift any time soon.

I disagree. Owners forums would be terrible places to ask. A bit like a football team manager going to a supporters forum for advice. Full of armchair managers who reckon they know it all but in reality know heehaw.

Remember the Simpsons episode where Homer - the average Joe - was asked to design a car? That's what would happen.

I disagree. Owners forums would be terrible places to ask. A bit like a football team manager going to a supporters forum for advice. Full of armchair managers who reckon they know it all but in reality know heehaw.

Remember the Simpsons episode where Homer - the average Joe - was asked to design a car? That's what would happen.

Henry Ford allegedly said "If I'd have asked my customers they'd have asked for faster horses" although I suspect having dealt with too many car dealers recently it would have been more accurate to say they'd have asked for less horsesh1t!

• Like 1