Octavia III Facelift

Some pictures from today's visit at #GIMS2017 to see mainly the Berline VRS 245.

http://imgur.com/a/BXH7v

Skoda stand contacts were really helpful with plenty of time to discuss and answer questions B)

Overall opinion many improvements on my current M3 and definitely going to buy one.

Helped to make the list of needed options that makes sense for me. Will get posted extra details after the show closure and also from my dealer (training course planned in April) Understanding of the various Smart features better although need to discover the in country final standard and optional offerings.

Edited by Steveh3
  • Like 2

Wish Octavia was on this tech level back in 2013. :P EDIT: interior updates, like MIB III.

Edited by Croat
  • Like 1

Anyone got any info about when the 1.5 Evo petrol will be available in the Octavia....I read that it's in the Golf from May, but presumably that's to order from May.

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

Anyone got any info about when the 1.5 Evo petrol will be available in the Octavia....I read that it's in the Golf from May, but presumably that's to order from May.

Hi. I Think it Will be from week 45 the 1.5 tsi.  

Personel opinion from German owner:

LED gives a more white light and he likes it better than xenon. Distance regulation like xenon (city,country,highway)

Style = LE S in the UK. Has red lights in the front doors, not reflectors.

18 hours ago, Timpel said:

Does anyone have any info about performance of the LED headlights in dark ? Better than xenons ? 

There was argument about this in general Xenons have better distance range the LED. But haven't seen comparison with new ones yet.

Edited by Croat

On 2017. 03. 15. at 20:50, Croat said:

Ok hears the new video and comparison! Hope you guys like it! :) Pls like and share, and if you didn't subscribe to my YouTube channel! Tnx!

Thanks for the new video again. :)

13:00 - the box under the driver's seat is the 'home' of the Canton amplifier (also exist on pre FL models).

17:30 - the inner small lights (next to the grille) are the high beams, also with LED technology. You can see them activating in this video. :)

• Like 2

Hi folks, 

I've ordered a style spec face-lift and added the sportline pack. The pack is listed as coming with bi xenon adaptive beams... Does the face-lift come with leds as opposed to bi xenons? 

Thanks, 

Mick 

2 hours ago, aki78 said:

No bi-xenons on the facelift, only halogen or LED.

Translation error in the configurator or brochure?

Maybe... The style spec in Ireland comes with halogens... The l and K has leds. I assume the upgrade to sportline from style gives leds 

@jbyrnes82 Which dealer is that?  I spoke to the one in Bristol today and they said that they wouldn't have any in the showroom until a launch event (for Octy and Kodiak) on an unknown date in April!  And that this was coordinated across all dealers...

This was at sandicliffe in Leicester think they had a hatch registered outside as well.

Progress in Northampton have a facelift model as well I believe 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jbyrnes82 said:

A couple of quickly snapped pictures I took earlier when collecting a new car

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

The front grill looks different to the pre-FL in the top corners, sharper points hence, a black replacement front grill from superskoda won't fit. Damn, I had hoped to get away from ordering the the Black pack but, it seems I'll still need it.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

45 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

The front grill looks different to the pre-FL in the top corners, sharper points hence, a black replacement front grill from superskoda won't fit. Damn, I had hoped to get away from ordering the the Black pack but, it seems I'll still need it.

I imagine it probably won't be too long before you would be able to buy a black grille surround for the FL model if you don't want the rest of the Black pack. You don't have to get it from Superskoda. Any UK dealer can sell you a pre-FL black one. That's how I got mine.

On 2017-03-11 at 21:54, Steveh3 said:

Some pictures from today's visit at #GIMS2017 to see mainly the Berline VRS 245.

http://imgur.com/a/BXH7v

Skoda stand contacts were really helpful with plenty of time to discuss and answer questions B)

Overall opinion many improvements on my current M3 and definitely going to buy one.

Helped to make the list of needed options that makes sense for me. Will get posted extra details after the show closure and also from my dealer (training course planned in April) Understanding of the various Smart features better although need to discover the in country final standard and optional offerings.

Did you use a cable for the Android Auto or was it wireless?

Cheers!