Octavia III Facelift

58 minutes ago, Mark06 said:

Only about 4 months late! So is there any USB ports in back!

If you tick the box for them, then yes there will be (£100). 

• Like 1

The configurator I tried only allowed USB hubs as an option when selected with heated front seats...otherwise they would have been very handy for charging the kids devices on the go

Edited by nuggiebok
spelling

If it already comes with rear parking sensors, why is it £350 for front AND rears as an option - surely this should be discounted as I only want them to add fronts? J

Just like if the car comes with particular wheels, is the price you pay for different wheels on top of the value of the standard wheels they would be removing, or the total cost of new wheels - if so, couldn't you request both sets of wheels if you're paying for them? 

That's exactly what I wanted em for never saw as an option,I have heated front seats too. When trying to figure out what came as standard,which was no mean feat at time of ordering I just assumed standard as I saw on YouTube and wasn't anywhere in options but as I've dug deeper learnt geography can play a part in what is standard and was a German vid so maybe not. Been pretty hard figuring out what you get and what you don't as standard even dealers only knew as much as me if not less,so it was a bit of a gamble in end. But in recent post of official brochure it's pretty much as expected.

A net partition is finally being offered for the estate. I wish that was an option when I got my car. The dealer had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about it and I don't suppose it's going to be retro-fittable. :-(

It is all a bit odd why a definitive brochure/what's standard list wasn't available while willing to take orders. Even dealers had no idea. I only found out I couldn't have leather when sat trying to put order through. So then when alcantara but also they had no idea what it would look like just same info as available to everyone on car configuration. But hopefully all will be forgotten when whizzing round in new car :-)

16 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Thanks for posting that.  But why are they so useless?

Page 6 - Standard specification - SE L (over SE)

• Full LED headlights, AFS and LED daytime running lights
  • Electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots

page 8 - Optional Equipment

• Full LED headlights with LED rear lights (high functionality) front headlight washer system and front cornering light functionality. SE trim also includes light and rain sensor and auto-dimming rear view mirror.
  •          In the SE L column, it has "-", which means "N/A".  It shows as optional for SE (£1100) and Standard for L&K
  • Electrically adjustable, heated, folding, auto-dimming door mirrors includes auto-dimming rear view mirror for SE.
  •          In the SE L column, it shows as optional £125

Edited by Juniperz
Quoted wrong post
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Juniperz said:

Thanks for posting that.  But why are they so useless?

Page 6 - Standard specification - SE L (over SE)

• Full LED headlights, AFS and LED daytime running lights
  • Electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots

page 8 - Optional Equipment

• Full LED headlights with LED rear lights (high functionality) front headlight washer system and front cornering light functionality. SE trim also includes light and rain sensor and auto-dimming rear view mirror.
  •          In the SE L column, it has "-", which means "N/A".  It shows as optional for SE (£1100) and Standard for L&K
  • Electrically adjustable, heated, folding, auto-dimming door mirrors includes auto-dimming rear view mirror for SE.
  •          In the SE L column, it shows as optional £125

Also in VRS spec the multifunction 3 spoke steering wheel doesn't say that it's heated either where as it does on L&K. It was my understanding the vrs steering wheels was also heated?

14 hours ago, nuggiebok said:

If it already comes with rear parking sensors, why is it £350 for front AND rears as an option - surely this should be discounted as I only want them to add fronts? 

the (twisted) logic is that they can use the same tickbox description across all trim ranges and all models. It's the cost of giving you front and rear sensors.

Octavia SE or vRS has rear already, the cost is only £350

if you were try configuring a lower trim level car which had no rear sensors, and that "front and rear" option was available it would be more than £350, and there would also be a "rear sensors only" option - that doesn't seem to work for the Octavia as the S level only lets you ad rears (£350)

if you configure a Fabia S, however, there is a "rears only" option for £290 and a "front and rears" for £450

Edited by Wet Kipper

I've just called customer services about the mirrors. I was told indefinitely that the vrs Does NOT come with folding heated auto dimming and it is £175 extra. Even though I've got it written in black and white that it is standard in the brochure. I'll not add the option, and if the car is different to the listed spec will kick up a stink ;-)

there will be small print somewhere on the brochure about "open to change" and "actual build may be different".

there was a similar issue in 2010 with the Elegance trim Octavia at the time we bought one. 

The powered folding mirrors were removed from being "Standard" from one brochure to the next. 

we managed to get our dealership to write down on the order that these were expected as standard (based on when we ordered) and that we would not pay for them. - perhaps you can do the same ?

• Like 1

Saw for the first time a vRS 2017 FL at a dealer, but not in showroom, but being used by one of the sales managers. Looked really good in the flesh in Quartz Grey. Went in looking for finance quote for a vRS on PCH given current PCP expires in November. Apparently lead time for orders are approx. 12-14 weeks and not the 5 months I endured back in in 2013/14, so will probably order early June for a September registered car.

Really good chat with sales, who were able to offer £1k over my PCP settlement figure as deposit toward new vehicle, so roughly values my 2014 vRS at £12,120. They deducted £85 for slight damage to kerbed wheels.
Following options sought: Canton, spare wheel, Black pack, heated front seats, folding door mirrors and solid/metallic paint. Dealer quoted £308 pm including maintenance with a deposit of £1500 overall, over 36m and 10k miles p.a.. Also quoted £400 for Lease Charge Gap for the total duration of the PCH agreement. New vehicle to be the same as my current vRS, petrol, manual.

Has anyone financed via PCH and what do you think of the quote?

12 hours ago, mo1965 said:

Saw for the first time a vRS 2017 FL at a dealer, but not in showroom, but being used by one of the sales managers. Looked really good in the flesh in Quartz Grey. Went in looking for finance quote for a vRS on PCH given current PCP expires in November. Apparently lead time for orders are approx. 12-14 weeks and not the 5 months I endured back in in 2013/14, so will probably order early June for a September registered car.

Really good chat with sales, who were able to offer £1k over my PCP settlement figure as deposit toward new vehicle, so roughly values my 2014 vRS at £12,120. They deducted £85 for slight damage to kerbed wheels.
Following options sought: Canton, spare wheel, Black pack, heated front seats, folding door mirrors and solid/metallic paint. Dealer quoted £308 pm including maintenance with a deposit of £1500 overall, over 36m and 10k miles p.a.. Also quoted £400 for Lease Charge Gap for the total duration of the PCH agreement. New vehicle to be the same as my current vRS, petrol, manual.

Mo,

I ordered a Scout 150 a few weeks ago,factory tow bar and spare wheel.

2 years, 10k per annum. £1500 down and £260 a month, an increase on my last one (identical other than tow bar) but best deal I could source.

Id say they are broadly similar what deals weve got.

12 hours ago, mo1965 said:

I've leased this time. My deal is £850 down the 35 x £289 for a manual, hatch with winter pack and black pack. No maintenance. So I guess by the time you add that and whatever other extras you're getting it's probably an ok deal. The GAP is way over priced though. So don't buy from them. 

I've Pcp for first time put £3000 down  added Dcc,alcantara,camera,front assist 10k per year for 42 months at £350 per month on estate vrs diesel. Manual 

Edited by Mark06
Missed info

3 minutes ago, Mark06 said:

I've Pcp for first time put £3000 down  added Dcc,alcantara,camera,front assist 10k per year for 42 months at £350 per month on estate vrs diesel. Manual 

I have also bought the £400 gap insurance which may have been foolish without shopping round. And the smart body repair £400 and the autoglyming at £250 I think. Paying upfront when I collect. Not sure if good or bad deal. Reckon I might need body repair as wife will be driving it also! She passed test 3 days ago and has only ever drove a Suzuki swift.

Just now, Mark06 said:

I have also bought the £400 gap insurance which may have been foolish without shopping round. And the smart body repair £400 and the autoglyming at £250 I think. Paying upfront when I collect. Not sure if good or bad deal. Reckon I might need body repair as wife will be driving it also! She passed test 3 days ago and has only ever drove a Suzuki swift.

I looked at 2 year gap for leasing and it was about £120. No idea on the dent insurance but common train of thought is the paint protection is a waste of money. Far better to buy a decent pot on wax and a few bits and invest some time in looking after it yourself.

2 minutes ago, paddy wagon said:

I looked at 2 year gap for leasing and it was about £120. No idea on the dent insurance but common train of thought is the paint protection is a waste of money. Far better to buy a decent pot on wax and a few bits and invest some time in looking after it yourself.

With the dent insurance it has to be no bigger a bic pen (that's what he said/showed) covers scratches/chips and dents also can claim as many times as u want up to £3000 of damage. I envisaged £3000 of damaged so thought was a steal!

Just now, Mark06 said:

With the dent insurance it has to be no bigger a bic pen (that's what he said/showed) covers scratches/chips and dents also can claim as many times as u want up to £3000 of damage. I envisaged £3000 of damaged so thought was a steal!

It does sound good, but I'm naturally suspicious of these things!

Yeah I know what you mean,first thing I thought after agreeing to these extra covers is 'I could have had the Columbus screen with the extra expense'. Live n learn I guess,I've never bought new or pcp before so totally green to the experience. He could have had my pants down without me realising but it all sounded right and resonable at time.

One thing I did notice after examining receipt once home was an unexpected unmentioned manufacturers delivery charge of £590. Is this normal? Usual price?