'The Grand Tour' Latest news

Lady Elanore

If you're thinking of Prime I would suspect you will see it on offer for Black Friday. It gets discounted quite regularly.

I picked it up for £59 in the last sale which is less than the £5.99 pm you pay for video only plus you get the delivery, free books, Prime Music (Although they're annoyingly upselling Amazon Music unlimited at the moment).

• Like 1

If you're thinking of Prime I would suspect you will see it on offer for Black Friday. It gets discounted quite regularly.

I picked it up for £59 in the last sale which is less than the £5.99 pm you pay for video only plus you get the delivery, free books, Prime Music (Although they're annoyingly upselling Amazon Music unlimited at the moment).

They officially started their Black Friday deals yesterday. Currently Prime is on offer again until 18th at £59 btw

25361611199_dabb7749c8_b.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Joined Prime last month.

I love Amazon.

Hateful shopping trips surrounded by nasty germ spreading coughing sneezing pushing impatient sheeples and associated overly excited running around grot sprogs  are a thing of the distant past. Loving next day delivery, even on Sundays!  :o

So much more to enjoy too.

Loving all the films to watch. Watched Paddington Bear for the first time on the PC Saturday evening!  :sun:

Oh, and of course, I can now look forward to the 3 lovely nutters on TGT from this coming Friday too!

Firestick ordered last night and will be here sometime today apparently.

Awesome stuff!

Edited by Adenuf
  • Like 1

Yikes! Did anyone see the One Show interview with James and Richard? incredibly awkward and you could cut the atmosphere with a space hopper ...or something else large and blunt. If you have a TV licence, here is a link to it on the iPlayer. 

The Grand Tour meets the One Show head on

There are only two bits of interest, the opening intro and then an awful 5 minutes chat with a couple of clips, after a man talking about investment fraud.

btw I don't watch the One Show, honest, I found the reference to the show on a website :D 

• Like 1

Also Amazon is offering £20 off the years subscription as part of their Black Friday offer, so you could watch the GT for only £59 as well as all the other TV stuff, movies, free delivery on some stuff and some music. Seems a decent deal to me :)

The offer ends on the 18th of November however, so be quick if you fancy it. 

Edited by Lady Elanore

when I logged into Amazon last week (or week before, can't remember) it came up with a link for Amazon customers to join the ballot for the recording on the 2/3rd December at Loch Ness. I filled in the details and sent it off.

Today I (along with probably thousands of others) got an email with another link to send my details to the company who source the audience so they can contact me soon because they are 

"beginning the selection process to find the PERFECT audience for The Grand Tour in Loch Ness!"

sounds exciting and encouraging enough, but it then goes on to say :

We look forward to speaking to some of you really soon

Please note: Due to the large amount of applicants for tickets we can not promise to call you all - so good luck - we hope you're one of the lucky ones!

also - as I am unfamiliar with Prime - does it have a "catch up feature" in that once the episode is released you can watch it as often as you like whenever you like ? 

Edited by Wet Kipper

Once its on Prime it should stay on there for ever I assume. It's other shows just get added to each other in a kind of instant access box set arrangement. Of course they haven't said at what time on Friday they will release TGT, but I assume it will be just after midnight. Be interesting to see if their servers can cope :D

• Administrators

Grabbed a few mins over a dawn brew.

First 10 mins is a ride, no spoilers :)

12 weeks then, prob an hour long, unless first one is 'special'. Lots of pretty filming, should be good for that alone, sound off, ambient stuff....mainly as hammond doing his yelling thing.

• Like 1

Like Colin D I watched some of the 1st episode with a coffee before work, (instead of the excellent The Goldbergs) this morning. I loved the first part, watched up to the first road test, great location, good "TG live" vibe to the opening dialogue between the three. Won't say any more for risk of spoiling it for those yet to watch!

Can't watch the rest tonight as I'm out for dinner but planning on a brekkie viewing in the morning. Happy days!

Loved it!

Was I correct in hearing or reading that JM can't use the word 'c**k', and JC can't say...."and on that bombshell"?

I mean if so, what the hell is that all about?

Edited by Adenuf

Was I correct in hearing or reading that JM can't use the word 'c**k', and JC can't say...."and on that bombshell"?

I mean if so, what the hell is that all about?

They have been warned by lawyers not to get too close to the old TG format, the old catchphrases and things like star in car cannot be copied. hence antics in the new show with guests. :sun: 

I watched it this morning and would say if you liked the old one you will still like this. No spoilers.