Central locking 'beep'

Just handed in my MK3 Elegance from PCP and picked up a new SE Sport with a few extra toys - all feels very familiar (except the super speedy higher-def sat nav - which is a relief!)

One question, on locking the car there's no audible confirmation (other than the central locking itself), have been through the setup menus but cannot find this anywhere...has the central locking beep confirmation gone from more recent models? If so, I'll miss it!

• Like 1

Thanks - it used to be a selectable option in the setup menu of the infotainment thing.  Shame it's missing, but Smartlink and a better sat-nav seems like a fair swap.

I've got a MY17 SE Sport and even when enabling the option via vcds and obdeleven, it wouldn't appear in the settings. 

It gave me peace of mind as I knew I could easily tell that I've locked the car without really looking and when little scrotes were fannying around near the car I could press the lock button and made them disappear half the time.

Gave up trying now :(

53 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

I've got a MY17 SE Sport and even when enabling the option via vcds and obdeleven, it wouldn't appear in the settings. 

It gave me peace of mind as I knew I could easily tell that I've locked the car without really looking and when little scrotes were fannying around near the car I could press the lock button and made them disappear half the time.

Gave up trying now :(

Ok so it doesnt appear in settings but does it work, do you get any sound when you lock/unlock?

Also, can you tell me what steps you did with OBD11 and where you found the guide?

My 17 plate vrs tdi doesn't have it on the infotainment menu. Only shows which door single or all opens when unlocked and remote window wind down 

Nice one Skoda!

My neighbour has it active on his MkIII. When he is out in the morning and on a night... beep, beep-beep, beep, beep-beep, beep etc. I can only assume he is quite forgetful.

Turned off on my MkIII. The audible thunk as the lock latches engage is more than enough. If you're in the house and can't hear the thunk then the flash of the hazard lights does a fine job instead.

Its the same as those people who have every single notification option on their phone turned on so it is constantly beeping and vibrating!

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 2

Chirp is only there if you had OEM Alarm fitted. The alarm is not standard in all countries, it is an optional extra, but if you bought from forecourt the garage may have ordered it with the car. I ordered mine to spec and never ordered the alarm (an oversight) and no chirp available through any settings etc. 

It may be possible to activate via VCDS, I haven't tried so I can't be certain. 

Retro fitting the OEM alarm is possible by a good alarm guy. He can wire into existing system using canbus communication and your original key will operate everything, no need for extra alarm fob like usual when aftermarket alarm done. He needs to fit siren and sensors and then configure settings using VCDS I guess. 

I did order folding mirrors on mine, so I know its locked if the mirrors are tucked in. 

Also fitted a neat system that uses an app on my phone to lock/unlock car if my keys get locked in, or my wife can use her phone to unlock car and get in instead of waiting for me to come back to car etc. 

If I remember right, there was another thread a while back after a model year change that the module that makes the chirp was removed from some models so even if you can re-enable the menu option it wont work.

• Like 1

Hi Andyvee,

So it's not possible to activate on a late 2014 (MY 15) vRS?

Can you please give me the steps to enable both the chirp and menu?

To try on an older MY.

Thnx!

20 minutes ago, Wiz83 said:

Hi Andyvee,

So it's not possible to activate on a late 2014 (MY 15) vRS?

Can you please give me the steps to enable both the chirp and menu?

To try on an older MY.

Thnx!

Really easy to work out if you know what you are doing, but since the rise of OBD Eleven users on this forum I have stopped updating 'how to' guides as I don't believe in supporting a product (or people that buy that product) that has 'allegedly' stolen intellectual property from the market leaders.

• Like 1

Yes it can be activated on a MY17 car, FWIW there is no need to turn the chirps on with VCDS once the below has been activated as you can now turn them on and off yourself in the infotainment set up:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/380829-superb-mkiii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/?do=findComment&comment=4742527 - yes I know it’s in the superb section because I have done it on a few Superb’s, but the process is the same for the O3:

Activating alarm chirps locking/unlocking

I noticed on a MY17 L&K that there is no option to turn the alarm chirps (Acoustic confirmation) in the infotainment.

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Go to:

IDE02269-ENG122188-Acknowledgement signals-Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung

Change to active

You will now have the Acoustic Confirmation option in the infotainment screen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, andyvee said:

but since the rise of OBD Eleven users on this forum I have stopped updating 'how to' guides as I don't believe in supporting a product (or people that buy that product) that has 'allegedly' stolen intellectual property from the market leaders.

:thumbup:

FWIW my steps posted above are done with VCDS, no idea if it is possible with other interfaces....

• Like 1