S3 owners - electric tailgate / hatch closing from inside

Would you pay for the rear hatch / tailgate to close from the button inside the car?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for the rear hatch / tailgate to close from the button inside the car?

• Yes, I live in Kent and would be happy to travel to Folkestone and pay for this to be enabled
    • I don’t live in Kent but would still be happy to travel to Folkestone and pay for this to be enabled
    • No, I live in Kent but this doesn’t interest me
  2. 2. How much would you be prepared to pay for this?

Is it possible to just move the button to one of the blanked spaces?

I haven't got to the point of trying to pull out the centre consol for any reason yet but I am just guessing that the none button spaces are just blanks.  

Moving it to the too corner is a good idea. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I have a booking for Wednesday morning with a local VW/Audi/Skoda indie (Staffordshire) to hopefully get this done, if all goes to plan I'll reveal all the details and a video of it working.

On 24/01/2020 at 17:32, Eo66 said:

I have a booking for Wednesday morning with a local VW/Audi/Skoda indie (Staffordshire) to hopefully get this done, if all goes to plan I'll reveal all the details and a video of it working.

Eagerly awaiting..............!

3 hours ago, z1ts said:

Eagerly awaiting..............!

Sorry to say my local indie was unable to code this function, he could find access the files to see where he needed to add a code but he doesn't have the code, 😕

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone closer to Oxford (you're a bit too far for me Gizmo) with VCP been able to code the boot shut from the interior button?

Also, I've tried numerous times inside and outside, front and back of the car to try close the boot with the key fob (holding, double press and hold, double press, etc) and cannot get it to work from the key fob.  Anyone have any ideas? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone leave steps here to code tailgate closing from both the button and the remote, please? I have vcp. I find correct zdc. But what should I select in the right bottom corner? There are a lot of options in the list. Should I select all of them?! Thank you guys...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, so I just found this on a coding site, a folder of xml files for the superb 3 6d bootlid module marked 'remotekeyclose' 

probably need odis to send them to the car.

since I have odis.. will test hopefully tomorrow. they were alongside bootlid paramaters for version L of the bootlid module, so since I also have version L, I'm hoping this will all be goodremotekeyclose.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 22:32, AlVal said:

OK, so I just found this on a coding site, a folder of xml files for the superb 3 6d bootlid module marked 'remotekeyclose' 

probably need odis to send them to the car.

since I have odis.. will test hopefully tomorrow. they were alongside bootlid paramaters for version L of the bootlid module, so since I also have version L, I'm hoping this will all be goodremotekeyclose.zip

Did you have any joy?

6 hours ago, Hdsn555 said:

Did you have any joy?

I was conflating two different things - this thread was meant to be about closing the hatch from the button next to the driver's seat, but these paramater files are for closing using the keyfob

• 3 weeks later...

I got this working myself today.

it's not coding, it's not adaptation, it's paramaters, for which you need vcp with the correct zdc file , or odis-e with the correct xml paramater set.

I have odis-e, and got my hands on the correct paramaters.

You need a vas5054a and a copy of odis-e installed to use these paramaters

they are marked for software version 261 hardware  H13, my module (late 2016) was 'J' revision and had this software and hardware

you can see your hardware and software versions near the top of a vcds scan of module 6d

VCP try and catch these paramater sets during communication between VAG group and copies of ODIS-E, they try and grab them and save them, then encrypt them in their zdc format to stop them being freely shared around, but if you have the xml paramaters (i.e. native ODIS-E) , you can share them,

if you have VCP and want the right .zdc for this, you can probably use a converter to convert these to .zdc

Again, I used ODIS-E ( via my aliexpress sources vas5054a adapter)  and this worked a charm

superb close boot from inside.7z

Edited by AlVal
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I live in Kent around an hour away (TN17) would certainly come down to get it done for the £20. I have just added a 2018 SEL Executive to my small fleet so was going to ask about doing it with VCDS as I do have that but if as you say you cannot then sure just for the convenience and if it can be done on the key as well, like my Alhambra all the better. 

On 13/06/2021 at 21:26, AlVal said:

it's not coding, it's not adaptation, it's paramaters, for which you need vcp with the correct zdc file , or odis-e with the correct xml paramater set.

they are marked for software version 261 hardware  H13, my module (late 2016) was 'J' revision and had this software and hardware

you can see your hardware and software versions near the top of a vcds scan of module 6d

VCP try and catch these paramater sets during communication between VAG group and copies of ODIS-E, they try and grab them and save them, then encrypt them in their zdc format to stop them being freely shared around, but if you have the xml paramaters (i.e. native ODIS-E) , you can share them,

if you have VCP and want the right .zdc for this, you can probably use a converter to convert these to .zdc

Again, I used ODIS-E ( via my aliexpress sources vas5054a adapter)  and this worked a charm

superb close boot from inside.7z 1.23 MB · 17 downloads

Hi mate,

could you describe how did you uploaded it with ODIS-E, please? :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2021 at 16:50, joolsik said:

Hi mate,

could you describe how did you uploaded it with ODIS-E, please? :)

Select the right module for the bootlid controller (6d), on the list on the right it's 'data transfer', and send the parent xml file (the one called "arbeits"), it will send any children files also

On 13/06/2021 at 20:26, AlVal said:

superb close boot from inside.7z 1.23 MB · 20 downloads

Would you be open to the idea of doing mines?  I'd happily pay for service! :)

On 06/08/2021 at 09:56, Awesam said:

Would you be open to the idea of doing mines?  I'd happily pay for service! :)

No need for money, if you're local (I'm inbetween Milton keynes/bedford/Northampton) I can try and do yours

• Like 1