Post your photos of the new Face Lift models

6 hours ago, toni8b said:

It could be worse. Wait till they do this to Superb as well.

They won't... Have you seen the photos for the Octavia mkIV? It looks like a mini Superb and is having same design language.

• Like 1

It'd be interesting to see any FL hatches as the estates do certainly look a lot better than I thought they would. Especially in race blue and the black!

Or just that they wanted to make the FL look rather different, like they did with the MKII. 

I confess, I didn't like the MkII FL lights when I first saw them but, although they could never be described as pretty, they did grow on me. 

It was the interior that made big strides in the MkII FL, so perhaps therein will lie the benefit in the MkIII as well? 

Face lifting a car mid way though it's life is nothing new. Every manaufacturer does it to keep the current model in line with the corporate look. Of course, some facelifts are more drastic than others and yes parts do get changed due to issues but that's not always the case. 

Black paint with the black grill reduces the impact of the front light clusters. If I was to buy another VRS I would have to choose black.

I do like the new seats and the wider rear track. A full-LCD dash dislpay would have been a nice option.

Edited by Orville

23 minutes ago, Orville said:

Black paint with the black grill reduces the impact of the front light clusters. If I was to buy another VRS I would have to choose black.

I do like the new seats and the wider rear track. A full-LCD dash dislpay would have been a nice option.

Agree with this, I think the black tint on the light clusters makes them blend in with the black paintwork and grille.

The new upcoming Karoq is getting the full LCD dash and is set to arrive later this year, so wonder if it will become an option on later model years for the FL Octavia 3?

The controversial split front lights is definitely growing on me. Looks aggressive vs the pre-FL.

Hopefully the wait is paying off - holding off my purchase of the pre-FL.

Had a look at one today. The touchscreen is awful for finger prints. There are no buttons and finger prints are everywhere. If I bought one, this would really bug me. 

On 5/11/2017 at 10:44, pist0nbr0ke said:

Interesting they are using black vRS's as showroom models, it does make the headlights slightly less offensive. This is a 4x4 vRS TDI DSG, although a salesperson informed me it was "the 230", lol!

20170511_101627.thumb.jpg.fea2620c9064305e23de29e42635a99a.jpg

20170511_102113.thumb.jpg.d9cf0c345a2b44956b6818d83b29293a.jpg

New tail lights are nice:

20170511_102130.thumb.jpg.f81cbc202aaa74c11e7aaa08aa7c9299.jpg

Liking the new seats, these are fabric, not alcantara:

20170511_101648.thumb.jpg.b6fe34c4b9d5e979ded06e66721ad7e8.jpg

Slightly different dials, I think:

20170511_102200.thumb.jpg.9000a15a46707021527780b854a705f0.jpg

And a lower spec version:

20170511_101601.thumb.jpg.c3ba6e9eb930ec0bac6f1bc3e6bb4b93.jpg

Love that, those photos are a game changer for me, the FL front end is now a thing of beauty.

LOFL 5k revs red line

Really like that "standard" interior too

To be fair to the sales person, that is a black v on the vRS badge which previously, was reserved for the vRS230

Edited by themanwithnoaim

11 hours ago, Orville said:

I wonder why Skoda changed the front lights so drastically? Perhaps the original items suffered too many faults (water ingress was common), were too expensive to replace or they were too difficult to manufacture?

I prefer the look of the original lights plus bulging bonnet line, but perhaps I am bias because I own a classic mk3.

59141c439e777_Canon6D0168b.jpg.9e5adf303ca0758781c712354be63a38.jpg

59117753a0e8d_OctFL1.jpg.5a7481595e07452ace31800e82c8b9e5.jpg

These photos are great for showing my point about the more aggressive fog light design in the front bumper - the FL has removed the 'L' shaped detailing in the bumper immediately above the fog lights to create a more 'pointed' edge to the bumper, while also changing the angle of the fog lights (to be more aggressively downward sloping) and pushing out the black plastic detailing on the edge of the fog lights - all in all, it's a much better look.

It doesn't show in these photos, but I'd be interested in seeing how the 'blank' gap in the centre of the new grille would look carbon wrapped.........

20 minutes ago, Johnonz said:

It doesn't show in these photos, but I'd be interested in seeing how the 'blank' gap in the centre of the new grille would look carbon wrapped.........

Isn't the blank gap the front assist radar?  Not too sure I'd want to carbon wrap this.

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

Hey Matt, any idea where the lane assist camera is ?

Top dead centre of the windscreen in front of the interior mirror.

Stu

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

To be fair to the sales person, that is a black v on the vRS badge which previously, was reserved for the vRS230

If he didn't spot the 4x4 badge on the back I doubt he'd seen or even was aware of the black v :biggrin:

Surely he should know what's in his showroom? He seemed a little bit :blush when I then asked if they were now doing a 230 4x4 as I would order one on the spot! :D

15 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

... :blush when I then asked if they were now doing a 230 4x4 as I would order one on the spot! :D

Sam here. I was hopping that they will offer 230 version with 4x4. But I think VW didnt let them :dry:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2017 at 11:44, pist0nbr0ke said:

Interesting they are using black vRS's as showroom models, it does make the headlights slightly less offensive. This is a 4x4 vRS TDI DSG, although a salesperson informed me it was "the 230", lol!

Not sure if you guys noticed it but this must be some sort of "factory fault model" anyway...

They've put the steering on the wrong side. :tongueout: