vRS245 ordered club

21 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

It really is a bloody **** take not to supply a space saver wheel. Honestly, this kind of tactic annoys me.

They do this to keep the official co2 down as low as possible. This is why they send cars with no options as the tend to be lighter.

Order has been accepted. Apparently the 245 has closed for ordering whatever that means and I made it just in time. I've a photo of the confirmation. Does it show the build date on there or now can I ask skoda with my order number?

51 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

Order has been accepted. Apparently the 245 has closed for ordering whatever that means and I made it just in time. I've a photo of the confirmation. Does it show the build date on there or now can I ask skoda with my order number?

My order sheet had around an 8 digit number hand written on it and that was the order number.

Use live chat to then keep track of possible build dates. 

Interesting to hear the books are now closed, can only speculate as to why.  

Edited by ScottyNS

1 hour ago, ScottyNS said:

My order sheet had around an 8 digit number hand written on it and that was the order number.

Use live chat to then keep track of possible build dates. 

Interesting to hear the books are now closed, can only speculate as to why.  

There is an 8 digit order number on there. The guy in dealing with said he'd find out in the next 2 weeks.

First post here too.

Prob one of the many who went for those crazy cheap lease deals a few weeks back.  Red car with no options on it as just needed something to run about in on the cheap, so when this came up - perfect :) .

Curious about the whole tuning box conundrum ... but will drive it as it is for a few weeks when it lands in March and then look into that.

• Like 1

Taking advice for the guys who have already received there 245's, bearing in mind I'm leasing so don't want to invest too much, what do you think are the most useful things to put in the car?  

Currently I am thinking:

Bumper cover, the wife will be dragging a pushchair in and out and I don't want the paint to get battered

The car comes with floor mats right?  I'm thinking of getting a set of rubber ones for the days when I have muddy boots

I didn't spec the flippy over rubber boot carpet for the estate so will buy a rubber mat

Do you know if these Octavia's have constant live 12v sockets or ignition live?

Edited by buaan

2 minutes ago, buaan said:

Taking advice for the guys who have already received there 245's, bearing in mind I'm leasing so don't want to invest too much, what do you think are the most useful things to put in the car?  

Currently I am thinking:

Bumper cover, the wife will be dragging a pushchair in and out and I don't want the paint to get battered

The car comes with floor mats right?  I'm thinking of getting a set of rubber ones for the days when I have muddy boots

I didn't spec the flippy over rubber boot carpet for the estate so will buy a rubber mat

Mine came with floor mats yes. How much are the rubber ones? I have rubbers ones on my BMW and I do like them!

Haven't tried out the 12v yet but Im guessing they are ignition live?

8 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Mine came with floor mats yes. How much are the rubber ones? I have rubbers ones on my BMW and I do like them!

Haven't tried out the 12v yet but Im guessing they are ignition live?

45 bones on eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222658629942  -  I think they would be a good investment for winter!

My mates 2004 Fabia VRS was constant live but I was hoping they had changed it.  My idea is to find a non essential 12v ignition live in the fuse box and use a piggy back to get a line off of it.  I'm sure this has been covered in dedicated threads so will investigate :)

5 minutes ago, buaan said:

45 bones on eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222658629942  -  I think they would be a good investment for winter!

My mates 2004 Fabia VRS was constant live but I was hoping they had changed it.  My idea is to find a non essential 12v ignition live in the fuse box and use a piggy back to get a line off of it.  I'm sure this has been covered in dedicated threads so will investigate :)

Theres a 12v in the boot if you dont have any plans to use it

1 hour ago, buaan said:

Currently I am thinking:

I have these floor mats:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-floor-mats-RUBBER-heavy-duty-original-Skoda-Autoas-product

With the centre tunnel cover:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-OEM-rubber-mat-over-the-rear-tunnel

They are also available from here and can be bought as a pack with mud flaps if you wish:

http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/product/Rubber_Floor_Mats_MK3_5E2061550

The rubber mats are an excellent fit and brilliant at keeping cr4p off the carpet.

I had the reversible boot mat thrown in FOC by the dealer, it's ideal. For the bumper, I went with www.rearguards.co.uk as theirs comes over the lip.

The 12V socket in the boot is constantly live but can be adapted to switched - do a search on here, someone did it recently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ursicles said:

First post here too.

Prob one of the many who went for those crazy cheap lease deals a few weeks back.  Red car with no options on it as just needed something to run about in on the cheap, so when this came up - perfect :) .

Curious about the whole tuning box conundrum ... but will drive it as it is for a few weeks when it lands in March and then look into that.

I did the same, red no options other than DSG.

Awaiting for delivery aswel  but these DTUK boxes sound too good to be true!

1 minute ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

I have these floor mats:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-floor-mats-RUBBER-heavy-duty-original-Skoda-Autoas-product

With the centre tunnel cover:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-OEM-rubber-mat-over-the-rear-tunnel

They are also available from here and can be bought as a pack with mud flaps if you wish:

http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/product/Rubber_Floor_Mats_MK3_5E2061550

The rubber mats are an excellent fit and brilliant at keeping cr4p off the carpet.

I had the reversible boot mat thrown in FOC by the dealer, it's ideal. For the bumper, I went with www.rearguards.co.uk as theirs comes over the lip.

The 12V socket in the boot is constantly live but can be adapted to switched - do a search on here, someone did it recently.

The reversible boot mat iv been looking at, is it fully reversible? as in, it comes out fully ect? Iv never had one so a tad confused as to how it changes (Sorry I know this is just me being stupid)

Just now, ClarkyStu said:

I did the same, red no options other than DSG.

Awaiting for delivery aswel  but these DTUK boxes sound too good to be true!

The DTUK boxes are extremely good. As close to a remap as you can get without remapping.

I have one on my 120D which has taken it to 223bhp on the dyno.

Considering one for my 245 but want to run it in first.

6 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

The DTUK boxes are extremely good. As close to a remap as you can get without remapping.

I have one on my 120D which has taken it to 223bhp on the dyno.

Considering one for my 245 but want to run it in first.

Same, I'm going to order one and get it fitted once the car has completed 1000 miles, should take me about 3 weeks.

Just now, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Same, I'm going to order one and get it fitted once the car has completed 1000 miles, should take me about 3 weeks.

Im currently on 353 miles lol. Will take me a while to get to 1000!

3 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

How detectable are these DTUK boxes - and do they need to be removed prior to servicing etc?

Whats the 0-60 benefit of the upgrade btw?

Not sure on 0-60 times but they quote 320PS - Now I am not sure if I believe that or not but when I asked them they said its because the vRS's run a higher than quoted bhp from the factory.

I think you have to remove them prior to servicing but according to my 245, its telling me its not due a service until 18k miles or in 800 odd days, in which case I wouldn't even need to service it at all as my lease is 2 years

Edited by matt9407

So i dont even need to service this thing potentially!!

Awesome :)

Glad a fair few seem to be keen on this upgrade too, be interesting to see how they go.  Also unlike a remap, guessing there will be a 2nd hand mkt for these boxes post removal from the vehicle so not a totally sunk cost.

there was a post going about regarding the launch control figures in relation to warranty and then it moved into the DTUK boxes stating that Skoda would be able to detect that the car was running outside of normal parameters and could then conclude that a tuning box had been in use... that's the main concern for me with it.

14 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Maybe the end of the vRS245, they stopped the Mk3 vRS230 after a while too

I'm pretty sure they were selling 230s pretty much up to the FL? Certainly in 2017 look at @colmsmyth