vRS245 ordered club

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

No one in their right mind would rent a car from Avis and waste money modifying it would they. It's like renting a house which is a complete waste of money.

Eh?

On 21/02/2018 at 13:38, buaan said:

It went in to build week last week on 12th, on Thursday they said it is build and in transit, today they said its at port and released for shipping.

Mine's now at the UK port with a transport order raised for it.  Getting close now!

Nice to hear that cars are still being delivered, what with the VRSs being "withdrawn from production" (according to some) ;).   

Edited by juan27

Had my weekly call from Skoda UK customer services today... still no news on a build week despite the fact I should have been picking my car up in just over a weeks time :crying::crying:

The lady I spoke to did say the current backlog needed to be cleared by end of week 26 (end June) so we could be in for a long wait.

am guessing the new 245 (or standard vrs as it will be then) will be in production from week 27.

7 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

am guessing the new 245 (or standard vrs as it will be then) will be in production from week 27.

The new 245? 

45 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

MY18 VRS - will have front assist and a couple of other added events as std

MY19 surely. Where did you get the info about new equipment?

Edited by juan27

11 minutes ago, juan27 said:

MY19 surely. Where did you get the info about new equipment?

Was mentioned on briskoda a couple of weeks ago from memory.  Details of the 245 being the standard engine were in press releases last week

1 minute ago, Reddazforever said:

Was mentioned on briskoda a couple of weeks ago from memory.  Details of the 245 being the standard engine were in press releases last week

I read the press release and it didn't say the 245 was the standard engine as far as I could see. It could be, but it wasn't explicitly stated. 

The release talked about the vrs getting a new 242bhp TSI engine compared to current vrs and you can’t order the 230 psi anymore.  

Challenge pack was ontop of this from what I understood but I may be wrong

Edited by Reddazforever

1 hour ago, Reddazforever said:

The release talked about the vrs getting a new 242bhp TSI engine compared to current vrs and you can’t order the 230 psi anymore.  

Challenge pack was ontop of this from what I understood but I may be wrong

You haven't been able to order the 245 for longer than the 230 so not what any of that proves.

It does talk about a new engine but it isn't new is it? It also talks about the VAQ diff, which isn't new either.

You may as well say the VAQ diff is going to be standard on the VRS which is arguably bigger news.

It may be true about the 245 motor, I just think the release is too vague. It sounds to me as though they are relaunching/rebranding the 245 as the Challenge Pack in line with the Golf GTi Performance Pack, and actually all that will be different in MY19 will be the GPF and the usual minor changes to spec.

In all honesty I do hope you are correct, as breaking away from the rigid alignment with the Golf GTI power outputs would bode well for the future. 

Edited by juan27

12 minutes ago, juan27 said:

You haven't been able to order the 245 for longer than the 230 so not what any of that proves.

It does talk about a new engine but it isn't new is it? It also talks about the VAQ diff, which isn't new either.

You may as well say the VAQ diff is going to be standard on the VRS which is arguably bigger news.

It may be true about the 245 motor, I just think the release is too vague. It sounds to me as though they are relaunching/rebranding the 245 as the Challenge Pack in line with the Golf GTi Performance Pack, and actually all that will be different in MY19 will be the GPF and the usual minor changes to spec.

In all honesty I do hope you are correct, as breaking away from the rigid alignment with the Golf GTI power outputs would bode well for the future. 

Guess we’ll get clarity at Geneva