Delivery Timescales

On 23/10/2017 at 16:13, Robbijay said:

Hi all, 

First post here after placing an order for a race blue Octavia vRS for my wife on 14th October. Contacted Skoda UK today and they said it currently has an unconfirmed build date of week 1? Does this seem right? I'm not too surprised, but from what has been said on here over the past few days i'd have thought that was a delivery date... 

Not too concerned as it takes as long as it takes and can't really speed it up, but it was a semi 'emergency' purchase as our other car is on its last legs so we need to hope it survives til the Octavia arrives!

Better post in the 'hello' section now!

Am I right in saying build week 1 is the first week in Jan? if so, thats pretty good going!

Apologies if im wrong though...

4 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Am I right in saying build week 1 is the first week in Jan? if so, thats pretty good going!

Apologies if im wrong though...

Should be, seems a damn long time to though! At this rate I bet it will slip to the last week of Feb so we have a 'new' car for a week!

3 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

Should be, seems a damn long time to though! At this rate I bet it will slip to the last week of Feb so we have a 'new' car for a week!

I placed my order last week, so I wouldn't mind a mid Jan build slot. Im not that bothered about having an 18 plate as im putting a private plate on it anyway.

22 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

I placed my order last week, so I wouldn't mind a mid Jan build slot. Im not that bothered about having an 18 plate as im putting a private plate on it anyway.

Yeah i'm not actually bothered for US, only for resale value of an 18, i'll still take it as soon as possible.

Not an issue for 'my car' as the GT86 is on my private plate, but this is the sensible family car!

Edited by Robbijay

1 minute ago, Robbijay said:

Yeah i'm not actually bothered for US, only for resale value of an 18, i'll still take it as soon as possible.

Not an issue for 'my car' as the GT86 is on my private plate, but this is the sensible family car!

Makes sense! Mines a lease so doesnt really make much difference! I may try and buy it at the end of the lease if possible (and if i like the VRS!)

I dont need a 4 door hatch but It just seems like really good value for money. I have gone for the 245.

I will then co-daily it alongside my 120d

So I have just spoken to Skoda UK and I have been told build week 21 of 2018! I said that cant possibly be true and she said its due to change over of models or something. She also said that it should come forward to around March but to check back at Christmas.

Seems like it will be a long wait for me...

4 minutes ago, Ozzy25 said:

Just been informed my car has been built today. Leaves port on 8th November. Dealer will have it 20th November. I will get it in January  :biggrin:

Hi,

When did you order and what model?

6 minutes ago, Ozzy25 said:

Just been informed my car has been built today. Leaves port on 8th November. Dealer will have it 20th November. I will get it in January  :biggrin:

How come you have to wait so long for it?

1 hour ago, Ozzy25 said:

Ordered mid August. Dirty Diesel RS Estate in Black. Challenge pack. Front parking sensors. Front heated seats. Heated windscreen. Sunset glass. KESSY. Variable boot floor. Waiting until January to register it on 181 plate. 

What's a challenge pack?

5 minutes ago, OliR said:

Ordered mine last week of September & have been told its going to be week 2 before it arrives!

Bit better than week 21! In all seriousness Im hoping my comes forward to around week 4-6 then. I ordered last week

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JDR83 said:

My 5 and a half month wait was finally over today as I collected my new VRS!

WP_20171026_001a.thumb.jpg.b8cf1a80b36ee6bc9934232931c09984.jpgWP_20171026_002.thumb.jpg.13cc0cf9aacad30aa16000ef08995b49.jpg

Have fun cleaning it. I currently have a black mk7 Golf Estate and I have developed OCD trying to keep it clean. Before I collect the Skoda I'm getting a Detailer to go to the dealers and apply a Ceramic coating to the paintwork. Hope it helps!!!

• Like 1

Been told today that my VRS TDI DSG is scheduled for production in week 45 which is two weeks from now. They estimate delivery in week 47 which is 20 weeks from order to delivery. I think these next four weeks are going to be longer than previous four months of waiting :biggrin:

• Like 1

Week 28 ordered and quote build week 38. Tweaked order to 1.5TSi August 11th (build week 32) this changed build week to 40.

Dealer contacted me at the weekend saying it was going to build in the next few days. Slightly different from week 1. Still nothing on trackmyskoda.....

I'm going to assume the dealer is talking rubbish until proven otherwise!

11 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

Dealer contacted me at the weekend saying it was going to build in the next few days. Slightly different from week 1. Still nothing on trackmyskoda.....

I'm going to assume the dealer is talking rubbish until proven otherwise!

Hi,

A word of caution about TrackMySkoda, it only works if tyou have bought via certain Skoda dealers.  Best way to check is via Skoda Live Chat, if you have the order number.

• Like 1