Octavia VRS remap 220ps

Hello all

Just wondering what would be the best and most reliable remap for 2013 octavia vrs 220ps estate. The power at standard is pretty decent but It would be nice to have a little more. Also would a stage 1 be okay with the OEM setup.

Thanks in advance 

9 hours ago, Gissin said:

darkside ,revo  or ben at shark performance are all highly regarded on here.

stage 1 will be fine on oem, as long as your running gear is all in good order

Thankyou for your reply.

just checked out revo! seems like a good route to go! would it benefit if I install an induction kit ?

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:07, hazzaardous said:

Thankyou for your reply.

just checked out revo! seems like a good route to go! would it benefit if I install an induction kit ?

that depends on what you want from it?

also is it diesel or petrol

Honestly, I'm at the point that I would NOT recommend Shark.  I was led to believe they were the best but the lack of communication I've had is ridiculous.  6 weeks from purchase and I'm still not mapped...

jeez ! 6 weeks from purchase :wondering: that is not good at all! surely you should call for a refund?

Does anyone know what sort of difference stage 1 makes in real time driving compared to standard? Mine is the 220 ps petrol. Is the upgrade noticeably different? Thanks. 

Directly from Alientech powergate website compatible vehicles - you will notice it states III meaning you need Powergate 3 device??:

Car Skoda Octavia III 2000 16v FSI RS CHHB 162 220 Petrol 2013 SIEMENS SIMOS18

Yes

25 minutes ago, john2017 said:

Directly from Alientech powergate website compatible vehicles - you will notice it states III meaning you need Powergate 3 device??:

Car Skoda Octavia III 2000 16v FSI RS CHHB 162 220 Petrol 2013 SIEMENS SIMOS18

Yes

Mine's mkII FL.

49 minutes ago, hazzaardous said:

jeez ! 6 weeks from purchase :wondering: that is not good at all! surely you should call for a refund?

Does anyone know what sort of difference stage 1 makes in real time driving compared to standard? Mine is the 220 ps petrol. Is the upgrade noticeably different? Thanks. 

It's a long story, and it's not their fault that the STS is not reading my car.  However, what is ****ing me off is that I keep getting passed around with seemingly nothing being done.  They kindly took my used STS device back and did an update but they device came back exactly the same (minus USB cable) and still didn't work.  I even sent them my correspondence with Alientech which explained what was needed to get it working, yet still no joy.  I was told two weeks ago that Ben was away and would be back soon and would be in contact to resolve this. He was back last Tuesday and I've still heard nothing; emails are not replied to, phone calls just give me the usual "we're doing all we can".

It's really annyoing and frankly the only reason I haven't yet demanded a full refund is because Shark maps are highly regarded. Sadly I can't form my own opinion on them yet.

Edited by planehazza

1 hour ago, john2017 said:

There is no resolution - you bought the wrong version!

How?? It's the version shark sells and list for my car. Shark have had the device in their hands. You'd think they'd tell me if it's the wrong device. 

Not to mention that the device itself even says ccza, which is the code of my car. 

Edited by planehazza

2 hours ago, john2017 said:

Sorry got Planehazza car who started thread.

Yeah wasn't me that start this thread. The OP is talking about a 220ps TFSI; He means TSI either way, and if it's 220ps I'm assuming he's talking about mk3, as mk2 is 200.

4 minutes ago, Gissin said:

i feel you planehazza must be annoying, I would always just book in a get it done on the dyno, not a big fan of the STS.

Yeah same. I've all but given up on them.  I'm just going to cut my losses and list the STS for sale.