What annoyed you today?

Aspman

Wing mirror smashed off by a van. I have it dash cam but only reg number and van isn’t sign written. Driver breifly stopped driving off again. 

Replaced the mirror already, not sure if it’s worth the hassle of chasing up and trying to find the *****. 

Wasnt today, but yesterday...

Driving south bound on the A1 with my Mum, two lorries infront and they come to a halt.

Turns out a dog was running down the carriage way on the south bound side. I was able to squeeze the octy through and got up the road a bit, staying clear of the dog. I stop, get out and the Dog is still running towards me. At the last second it runs to its Right, which is a turning which goes across the on coming carriage way. Obviously means it ran straight into the "outside" lane.

Didnt end well.

I tried to help and it went tits up. If i hadnt tried, it might not have happened :(

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Wing mirror smashed off by a van. I have it dash cam but only reg number and van isn’t sign written. Driver breifly stopped driving off again. 

Replaced the mirror already, not sure if it’s worth the hassle of chasing up and trying to find the *****. 

Driving away from the scene of an accident without exchanging details.  I'd think it's worth following up.  Might make 'em think twice next time.

Gaz

3 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

5 hours on a train with no catering service AT ALL!

Thats coz andy ate all the pies and biscuits doing a footplate ride along with your "Pilot"..

Aint that right @Auric Goldfinger

:pizza:

Our Netgear R7000 router reverting to factory settings (WiFi, IP settings, access control, etc.) but disabling the GUI so I couldn't change it back. Tried the 10 second reset without effect, had to do the 30-30-30 reset to get a working GUI back.

• Sad 1

Realising just now that the lovely commercial grade clothes rails and wall mount brackets i ordered for the walk in wardrobe are too f3ckin long!

They extend too far from the wall for clothes hangers to fit in out of the way of the drawers alongside. (Poles are to extend into a space alongside a shelf and drawer unit).  Really hacked off now. :swear:

This after getting my radiator change time down to 22mins personal best this morning, including installing new brackets and a clean up.

• 3 weeks later...

New flatpack furniture arrived. Nowhere to put it until floor in dining room is finished so it's dumped in the kitchen behind the stair door (yeah weird conversion stairs in kitchen). I come down (office upstairs) forget this, push door, door stays put me walks into door.

Twice I've done it now.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CWARD said:

I'm holding out for the third time you do it.

So far so good.

I did walk into another door in the dark a couple of nights ago. It was me that left it open deliberately to let the heat circulate as well.

On 07/01/2019 at 16:44, CWARD said:

Oh dear. I’m not sure there is any hope for you but in the time being you’d best wear a crash helmet whilst indoors. 

3rd time met and exceeded several times over.

• Haha 1

Following a BMW into the town I live at the 30mph speed limit and we can see 2 refuse trucks on the opposite side of the road to us so we have the right of way. You can probably guess what happens next. BMW driver stops and allows 6 cars to pass the 2 trucks who are collecting rubbish. Eventually I lose my patience and give him the LED headlights to express my JOY at sitting still for no reason for nearly a minute when there are no Traffic Lights, Zebra Crossing, Railway Crossing or any parked vehicle in front of us on our side of the road. If no-one is behind him then he is free to be courteous to other road users but delaying someone deliberately is just PLAIN RUDE. Feel better for getting that off my chest.:angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe when he stopped, he checked his rear view mirror, thought, hey, that's a nice car, I wonder what it.........and then your laser led attack burnt out his retinas, B) taking around 60 secs to get some semblance  of vision back :drunk:

11 minutes ago, xman said:

Maybe when he stopped, he checked his rear view mirror, thought, hey, that's a nice car, I wonder what it.........and then your laser led attack burnt out his retinas, B) taking around 60 secs to get some semblance  of vision back :drunk:

Problem was I had been up for 24hours and I was one mile from home so really needed some shut eye and felt the RED MIST descending. Had he continued driving at 30mph we would have passed the 2 trucks in 4 or 5 seconds and no-one was behind me so the other cars would have been able to safely pass the refuse trucks.:@

Got a Made.com shelving unit.

Put it together last night. Spent ages initally swearing and cursing them to hell and damnation when the parts didn't match the instructions eventually we figured out they'd mis-labelled two of the parts.

Get half way and the instrutions say to drop the top bit into the bottom bit, the cam legs were already fitted. Except that it also had dowels at the back to go into as well. You couldn't fit the dowels into their holes unless the cam legs were in theirs, but your couldn't fit the cam legs into their holes unless the dowels were in theirs. I camly (just) explained that you can't go straightdown and straight back at the same time. So it was impossible to follow the instructions at that point. Had to dismantle the back panel to give it enough flex to let the top section drop in before fitting the dowels into the back.

Then when built the cupboard doors in 3 places were off. They were out of line by a few mm (non adjustable) so the doors were out of line, two wouldn't close and one caught the shelf and would quickly mark. In a near rage I tried to bend the unit and the non-adjustable hinges gave a little, enought to align the doors so they'd shut / not catch.

Better half still loves it and it does look nice but not impressed with the build quality or instructions. Come back Ikea all is forgiven.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Got a Made.com shelving unit.

Put it together last night. Spent ages initally swearing and cursing them to hell and damnation when the parts didn't match the instructions eventually we figured out they'd mis-labelled two of the parts.

Get half way and the instrutions say to drop the top bit into the bottom bit, the cam legs were already fitted. Except that it also had dowels at the back to go into as well. You couldn't fit the dowels into their holes unless the cam legs were in theirs, but your couldn't fit the cam legs into their holes unless the dowels were in theirs. I camly (just) explained that you can't go straightdown and straight back at the same time. So it was impossible to follow the instructions at that point. Had to dismantle the back panel to give it enough flex to let the top section drop in before fitting the dowels into the back.

Then when built the cupboard doors in 3 places were off. They were out of line by a few mm (non adjustable) so the doors were out of line, two wouldn't close and one caught the shelf and would quickly mark. In a near rage I tried to bend the unit and the non-adjustable hinges gave a little, enought to align the doors so they'd shut / not catch.

Better half still loves it and it does look nice but not impressed with the build quality or instructions. Come back Ikea all is forgiven.

Been there got the self assembly t-shirt. SWMBO normally arrives home with a large box the nice man at the store loaded into her car for her. Could I be a darling and retrieve it from the boot and assemble it straight after my dinner but before we watch TV. Of course Dear no problem. After a bit of cursing (quietly of course) you find that the top or bottom should not be secured until the spare dowels have been slotted into position or even worse you forgot to put the door in it's rightful place and noe have to dismantle it because you really should have read the unclear or unhelpful instructions. Moral of the story is don't let your partner buy you flat pack furniture because you can guarantee one thing THEY won't be assembling it will give you plenty of advice as to how it fits together.:angry:

1 minute ago, xman said:

You mean this?

assembly-instructions-tshirt_design-1000x1000.thumb.jpg.c3279723d7a4e492e6783c3c17606cfa.jpg

Is that a SELFIE you look good in that BARBEQUE tee shirt. Must have been to the gym to get those toned shoulders and arms. Can you please use an attractive female model next time then I might not have nightmares looking at the images.:clap:

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is that a SELFIE you look good in that BARBEQUE tee shirt. Must have been to the gym to get those toned shoulders and arms. Can you please use an attractive female model next time then I might not have nightmares looking at the images.:clap:

Credit where its due, that lad in the pic has some serious Deltoids! Mustve been on a serious shoulder pump sesh in the gym before that photoshoot!!

On the other hand... i want that tee shirt :D