What annoyed you today?

Aspman

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You might jest Lee, but the TPMS went off half way home (three miles).  I suspect it was three warm tyres and one new cold one warming up.  They were all set at 36psi, but the TPMS only reset after I got home.  I'll check, set and reset the TPMS on the 'morrow.  It's been far too exciting a day, and is pi$$ing down with 40mph winds, so i'm in for the night.

G

It is good to find out if the TPMS system is sufficiently accurate enough to give early warning. I get quite a few slow punctures (my winters appear to be screw-magnets 😒) and I get a warning at about 0.3 bar loss.    

• Like 1

In eight years of having TPMS, I've probably had six-ish alerts.  No false ones, and all have been a very welcome early warning 👍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

2128546878_PotholeGrangeRoadfullsize03Jan2023.thumb.jpeg.cd36ea22890b9db8ba3c39b48797bcc2.jpeg

819189287_PotholeGrangeRoad28inchlong03Jan2023.thumb.jpeg.d9d41c6aceb31524db42c27574ee86a6.jpeg

2143739530_PotholeGrangeRoad18inchwidth03Jan2023.thumb.jpeg.869ab7dbf5c03f341172d15e143dfbcf.jpeg

77701882_PotholeGrangeRoad4.5inchdeep03Jan2023.thumb.jpeg.14a5aa82be45064bc0be67c6e8799bf4.jpeg

And some minor damage to the alloy 😢

74197752_PotholeGrangeRoadVWalloywheeldamage03Jan2023.thumb.jpeg.263e5b9b16378f73b31db8badf249009.jpeg

Gaz

Big ****ing craters have appeared here as well after the cold spell. My car is getting rattled to bits, going on to my third drop link on the passenger side since November. Will just fit it myself this time, glad I bought one before I left Arnold Clark.

Meanwhile, my Mum, in the Duster with 215/65/16 tyres glides over potholes, nuns and kittens, speedbumps etc. :D

• Haha 2

I read this article earlier from the Guido Fawkes newsletter.  I know they're political and at first I looked at it, tutted to myself, and moved on.

What I couldn't get past over time the descriptions of the transgressions by some people who are supposed to be our lawmakers.  I'm pretty disgusted with them right now.  And I know politicians have developed a reputation or being self-interested and possibly sleazy but this is too much.

https://i0.wp.com/order-order.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/list.png?w=733&ssl=1

https://order-order.com/2023/01/03/breakdown-of-new-pestminster-list/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Presumably, the left-hand column says Boris Johnston all the way down? 

A couple of months ago I saw what appeared to be a genuine unredacted version of that list. I don't recall his name being on it (his train wreck of marital and extra marital affairs is a matter of public record) however the names were overwhelmingly from the blue side of the house. No surprise the RW Guido redacted it  ;)

4 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

It's such a shame. I don't understand this overwhelming urge to constantly flirt with sexual relations, regardless of place, time or circumstance. 

Me neither. Not something I've ever felt the urge to do myself. It's alien to me. 

Even if a person had the 'urge' surely they can stop themselves. These men, I assume most of them are men (sorry) don't take their manhood out in public and masturbate just because they feel horny, so why inflict themselves on others. They can control themselves when they want to. 

• Thanks 1

Just come back from an hour "waiting appointment" from the local BMW dealers. Booked end of November for MOT for 8am today,  got there just before,  several people also waiting for the doors to be unlocked.  I was about fourth in the queue as only one member of staff was booking people in. Booked the car in eventually at about quarter past eight. The BMW dealership at the moment is being run out of the Mini Dealership's premises as the BMW one's are being developed. This was the case in November when the car was serviced (and they were a bit of muddle - they hadn't printed the job sheets off.)

Anyway,  waited for a bit,  gave them until 10am , (perhaps I should have gone earlier) then went to the Service desk and asked when my car would be ready. They said it's probably being washed (I didn't want it washed but they hadn't asked.) but they would go and check. They came back five minutes later saying it's only now going in!  Very annoyed customer....😠.   Even more annoyed that the service personnel implied it was my fault as they only got the key at 8:15  and the MOT chap had gone on to another vehicle!  (which took him two hours apparently) .Finally exited at 11:20 with a reduced bill.  Still annoyed though.....      (almost as much as that Audi dealership did 10years ago and we've never darkened Audi's doorstep since). 

Waiting for the "How did they do?" email to come.    

(They seemed to have a lot of "new stock" laying around, but hardly any of the used or new stock was priced, in fact all the new vehicles didn't have any details on the Specification/price at all as they were all logged out. It's almost like they couldn't be bothered.)

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, io1901 said:

(They seemed to have a lot of "new stock" laying around, but hardly any of the used or new stock was priced, in fact all the new vehicles didn't have any details on the Specification/price at all as they were all logged out. It's almost like they couldn't be bothered.)

They probably don't need to be bothered as someone will buy them on the basis that they MUST have a new BMW on their drive to keep up with the Jones's...   even if it means they probably have sod all in the fridge.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, skomaz said:

They probably don't need to be bothered as someone will buy them on the basis that they MUST have a new BMW on their drive to keep up with the Jones's...   even if it means they probably have sod all in the fridge.

They had been there for sometime as they had buy before end of December and get £750 discount stickers in the windows.  (No BMWs only Minis on display.(

Edited by io1901

I am now cold, wet and crabbit. Before today's events I was just crabbit.

Fabia's battery had ran flat, it's been on it's way out for a little while, and I know I should have replaced it before the cold snap, but hindsight is a [female dog]. Anyway, the car was parked in front of my Granda's on the drive so we couldn't move his to try and jumpstart my Fabia since the rear drum brakes had seized on. Managed to free them off and roll it, applied the jump leads, still couldn't get it to turn over with the Sandero on the other end.

Called it quits, bought a battery from AutoParts, drove in the Sandero to pick it up, and the Skoda now starts on the button. Changed that ****er in the ****ing rain. Interestingly, I think I'll need a new earth terminal clamp as it's beginning to get loose which is less than ideal.

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I am now cold, wet and crabbit. Before today's events I was just crabbit.

Fabia's battery had ran flat, it's been on it's way out for a little while, and I know I should have replaced it before the cold snap, but hindsight is a [female dog]. Anyway, the car was parked in front of my Granda's on the drive so we couldn't move his to try and jumpstart my Fabia since the rear drum brakes had seized on. Managed to free them off and roll it, applied the jump leads, still couldn't get it to turn over with the Sandero on the other end.

Called it quits, bought a battery from AutoParts, drove in the Sandero to pick it up, and the Skoda now starts on the button. Changed that ****er in the ****ing rain. Interestingly, I think I'll need a new earth terminal clamp as it's beginning to get loose which is less than ideal.

That's one of Sod's laws, isn't it?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Even if a person had the 'urge' surely they can stop themselves. These men, I assume most of them are men (sorry) don't take their manhood out in public and masturbate just because they feel horny, so why inflict themselves on others. They can control themselves when they want to. 

irs a power thing - the belief that they are in charge and thus can act on "urges" that they view as socially acceptable because less intrusive actions were deemed acceptable when they were younger and less powerful, and still face no consequences..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Interestingly, I think I'll need a new earth terminal clamp as it's beginning to get loose which is less than ideal.

On top of this, while I'm on a tangent...

It's running rich still (electrical fault).

The rear drums and shoes need replaced.

Weird gremlins with the headlamps and wipers (they intermittently flicker on and off now and again - possibly related to the same electrical issue that leads to it running rich).

And running rich means it probably won't pass an MOT. Whoop-de-doo.

I've got a thread regarding the fault code I've got, but I'm very close to rolling it off the RNLI slipway into the sea at Largs.

Edited by AnnoyingPentium

on the one hand, I replaced my pedal arm bolts, so my bike is back in business, no crank spline damage  visible and no play in the pedal after i tightened it up (need to check the torque though)

on the other hand.. while moving the bike in the shed (raining) i managed to do this..

20230106_163449.thumb.jpg.d358bb038d953c04390b8b60c83c1b36.jpg

luckily no paint on any bikes, the timbers were to try and contain it, they didnt work, but a coating of cat litter over it stopped it spreading.. 

fk me this week better be the end of the stupid **** for a while 🙄

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

on the one hand, I replaced my pedal arm bolts, so my bike is back in business, no crank spline damage  visible and no play in the pedal after i tightened it up (need to check the torque though)

on the other hand.. while moving the bike in the shed (raining) i managed to do this..

/cdn-cgi/mirage/ae4674ff0aef86588ca7a823068c16d8766faf8ac4ffcdaadd29e81de5caa0dd/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/20230106_163449.thumb.jpg.d358bb038d953c04390b8b60c83c1b36.jpg

luckily no paint on any bikes, the timbers were to try and contain it, they didnt work, but a coating of cat litter over it stopped it spreading.. 

Re my previous comment on your luck, I hope you at least got the gift of the gab.

Edited by @Lee

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Re my previous comment on your luck, I hope you at least got the gift of the gab.

it depends on the level of whiskey in my system..

just woken up for the 3rd time by the dishwasher singing its stupid little turning on and off beeps... 

there seems to be steam getting passed the door seal after the cycle finishes, into the control board and causing it to turn itself off and on and off and on... 

i only figured that out on this trip up the hall, so its now off at its switch which as it turns out isnt behind the kickboard, where i first looked, but instead is just behind the false back of the under sink cupboard... 😖🤦‍♂️

• Groan 1

8 hours ago, mac11irl said:

20230106_163449.thumb.jpg.d358bb038d953c04390b8b60c83c1b36.jpg

Bugger!

14 hours ago, mac11irl said:

You could've just told us you'd made a start on painting the shed floor 😇

Quick, someone find the Blarney Stone for Mac to have a smooch with 😘

Gaz

• Haha 3