What annoyed you today?

Aspman

She's a rescue , and has a fear of strangers, not making human friends easily. I'd suggest she has been subject to beatings, hence the fear when alone. She is getting more accustomed to being left alone, till folk like this cause problems. 

Folk like these busybodies do not realise ( despite being professed dog lovers) that every time they crowd the dog, they set back her treatment. 

A few folk have this idea that leaving a dog alone in car is illegal.  Perhaps, like JR has asked, they might like to put up or shut up. In the last case, I had a dog, ( cross JRT/Cairn) with a Cairn double type coat, in a car where the temperature ( on my in car thermometer) was 18C. She was unrestrained in car, sitting in front seats, with paws on dash, when I spotted this pair hovering round car. Perhaps next time I might get their car VRN and report it as stalking etc.

Let's not give them any fancy titles,but call them what they are = busybodies ,with too much time on their hands .

anyway...

so, the singing dishwasher was at it again last night after finishing the cycle, so it was dutifully turned off at the mains again.

and tonight..... it wont bloody power on.

ive stripped the integrated kitchen unit door off, opened the cover, removed the control board and see light corrosion around the power switch area. cleaned it up as best i could and tried it to no avail.

took some photos of the board id stickers and put it back together, will be making some phone calls tomorrow...

meanwhile, setting the alarm for early o clock to do the f'ing washing up...

1st world problems are such a dose..

• Sad 5

10 hours ago, mac11irl said:

anyway...

so, the singing dishwasher was at it again last night after finishing the cycle, so it was dutifully turned off at the mains again.

and tonight..... it wont bloody power on.

ive stripped the integrated kitchen unit door off, opened the cover, removed the control board and see light corrosion around the power switch area. cleaned it up as best i could and tried it to no avail.

took some photos of the board id stickers and put it back together, will be making some phone calls tomorrow...

meanwhile, setting the alarm for early o clock to do the f'ing washing up...

1st world problems are such a dose..

We had an integrated one that the springer sat on the open door of, killing it. Yanked it out, just got Curry's cheapest dishwasher and it's worked fine for the past 7 or 8 years now. :)

Good luck if you're repairing your one though.

Reminds me of my Son arriving home too fast on his pushbike some 18 years ago.

I had an unusual deep scratch arrive on about 18" of my NSR quarter, across the tail light and continuing on to the tailgate.  Neither of my kids knew anything about it, it was all butter wouldn't melt innocence.

The next day I was in the garage and asked my Son if he knew why the metal end of his handlebar had quite a bit of what looked like Futura Yellow paint on it.

He flushed, and his reply was that he thought he'd only hit our neighbour's car, which was about six feet away from mine 🤣

gnnaaaghhh indeed 🙄

G

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Gaz , tell your son he has company...

i took a divot out of the paintwork of my dad's  passenger door with a bullhorn extension on my bike handlebars when i was about 9, thinking there was space between the 2 cars on the driveway.. i was wrong...

butter didnt melt then either! and chipstick and colour matching turtlewax 

didnt quite hide it either 😳🙄

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 2

On 08/01/2023 at 21:10, MikeTheThinker said:

Gravity,  That's what's been annoying me today.  And, truth be told, for the last couple of weeks.

Added to that are water and ambient temperature.

Put together, they resulted in our kitchen ceiling collapsing just before Christmas following a burst pipe in the big freeze.

Given that both my wife and I have been spending time away from home either sorting my folks' house or dealing with family illness and bereavement, I didn't discover Gravity's little gift until after the freeze when I entered the house via the kitchen to meet a room-sized rain shower, floor awash, ceiling starting to slowly migrate downwards and an assortment of kitchen equipment , cupboards, worktops and floor coverings - oh, and the gas cooker - variously drenched, flooded, completely f-ed and/or coated in soggy plasterboard.

After feeling like I had just made a trek through deepest Amazonian rain forest I managed to crawl under the sink and turn off the water, a challenging exercise as there was no light.

Did I mention the power had fused, too?

This week's excitements will include dealing with our insurance company ...

I feel for you.

A similar thing happened to us at my mothers house a few years ago. We had to move my mother into a home & clear out the house prior to selling it. As a result her 3 bed semi was empty for a while during a cold snap. My sister, in her wisdom, turned off the heating. I had suggested setting it down low to a frost setting but no she was adamant it had to be turned off to save gas. Well the inevitable happened & a pipe feeding the cold water tank in the loft split & was not discovered for 10 days. OMG you wouldn't believe the damage (or maybe you can). Wall paper hanging off in just about every room, all the carpets ruined, top floor ceiling plaster gone & even the gloss woodwork paint was peeling away in every room. It was only a small leak but left for that long the humidity got into everything.

Then came the insurance company interaction. They tried to argue their way out of paying but in the end they folded & agreed to pay for the redecoration of every floor & room & the considerable electric bill required to run 6 large industrial dehumidifiers for 3 weeks continuously. It took 8 months to sort it all out before we could put the house on the market.     

• Crying 2

1 hour ago, Colin170CR said:

OMG you wouldn't believe the damage (or maybe you can).

Unfortunately I can, I picked frie,ds up from the airport from their ski-ing holiday, he was still living at home looking after his elderly mother, the mother had stayed at relations while he was away and they used the same wisdom with the heating system.

I will never forget his words, he opened the front door and said WTF! :sad:

The insurers had already made a start, he was greeted by a massive dehumidifier throbbing away in the hall, beyond that was a kitchen devoid of cupboards, wall units etc, we looked upwards and saw there were no ceilings.

Basically he returned to an empty house, no posessions, no furniture, no fixtures and fittings, no doors, no door frames, no skirting boards, no ceilings, very little plaster on the walls.

I have just realised I have got that wrong, his mother had remained at home during the holiday, it was relations that had picked her up to spend Christmas with them, he was expecting her to be at home and initially had no idea where she was or even if something terrible had happened to her, luckily we found a note from the relatives explaining what had happened and that Mother was still with them.

• Sad 1

****ing ParcelFarce!

Missed the arrival of my dog guard last week, so re-arranged for Monday (today) since it's my day off. Stayed in all day, no sign from them. No attempts at all, nothing. Tried the tracking number on the card they gave me and it doesn't work on their site.

I know for a fact they haven't been as the video door bell thing hasn't flagged anyone at all.

****ed off is an understatement, I had better things to be doing today, that I haven't got done.

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

****ing ParcelFarce!

Indeed. November 2020 I was delivered a parcel "for one of your neighbours", and the roundsidiot had escaped before i realised it was addressed to another part of town entirely. It took from then until early April 2021 to get it uplifted by a very pleasant roundsman who I see every so often.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Indeed. November 2020 I was delivered a parcel "for one of your neighbours", and the roundsidiot had escaped before i realised it was addressed to another part of town entirely. It took from then until early April 2021 to get it uplifted by a very pleasant roundsman who I see every so often.

God and I thought it was bad here! It had been left at the post office as well, but delivery would allegedly be reattempted. Going to try and rush to the post office on Wednesday as I'll be back in 'the valley' earlier that day. I'm just worried in case it gets sent back as these are the OEM ones and not exactly easy to get a hold of. :worried:

The two glow plugs that snapped off during removal :@

Edit - managed to get one out no bother, but the heater element of the second one is stuck solid. Looks like it’s head off, or maybe leave it there and let it work itself loose as see what happens :D

Edited by Titanium_Man
  • Sad 2
  • Groan 1

Household appliances ganging up on me.

The other month it was our dishwasher that got done for by a mouse (brought in by our cats) chewing through internal wiring & today, I had to tackle our incontinent fridge which keeps peeing all over the kitchen floor.

I pretty much guessed that the problem was due to a blocked evaporator drain but getting to it proved a right mission. So many layers of panels & wiring plugs but a bit of fiddling with a coat hanger & bits of flexy wire plus plenty of flushing with antibacterial solution finally got it done. The only benefit was that due to the cold weather I could put all the food & bottles in the garage which was at 5c while I faffed around with the fridge. The freezer held temperature while I had the fridge off for the best part of 3 hrs. All up & running again now so 🤞

image.thumb.png.aba207aa0670253690e6bfbd4891539e.pngimage.thumb.png.69e680cddcb918280f9da0f39484cca6.png

• Love it! 1
  • Crying 1

COMPANIES HOUSE WEB FILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After several hours of resubmitting new passwords, jumping through hoops and generally threatening 'Companies House' with a radio-controlled mega comet landing on their heads, I managed to file my annual returns! When it asks for your company number, it states it's an 8 digit number. Mine isn't, it's a 7 digit number. Anyhoo turns out if you stick a "0" at the front of your company number it works. Super annoying as the actual legal document they send you does not have a zero at the start of the company number!!"

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh that's several hours of my life I will never get back....(as well as £13 :D ) 

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

14 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Household appliances ganging up on me.

The other month it was our dishwasher that got done for by a mouse (brought in by our cats) chewing through internal wiring & today, I had to tackle our incontinent fridge which keeps peeing all over the kitchen floor.

I pretty much guessed that the problem was due to a blocked evaporator drain but getting to it proved a right mission. So many layers of panels & wiring plugs but a bit of fiddling with a coat hanger & bits of flexy wire plus plenty of flushing with antibacterial solution finally got it done. The only benefit was that due to the cold weather I could put all the food & bottles in the garage which was at 5c while I faffed around with the fridge. The freezer held temperature while I had the fridge off for the best part of 3 hrs. All up & running again now so 🤞

image.thumb.png.aba207aa0670253690e6bfbd4891539e.pngimage.thumb.png.69e680cddcb918280f9da0f39484cca6.png

I have something similar to do on my Samsung fridge freezer. The difference is the water runs into the freezer compartment and forms a mega thick sheet of ice. Which, although difficult to remove, is epic fun to break up once it's out. 

17 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I have something similar to do on my Samsung fridge freezer. The difference is the water runs into the freezer compartment and forms a mega thick sheet of ice. Which, although difficult to remove, is epic fun to break up once it's out. 

Mine's a Panasonic Inverter side by side. When working correctly the drain water from my fridge seems do the same as yours ie drain to the left into the freezer section where it must join up with the freezer defrost drain & from there to the slosh pot on top of the compressor which evaps all the water way. Good job mine wasn't blocked in the freezer side as that would have presented more problems not least where to store all the frozen food. Good luck with your appliance surgery.

Sounds like you will need a hairdryer because most blocked freezer drains are due to frost build up in the drain pipe. There are quite a few videos on YT showing fixes for LG & Samsung Fridge Freezers - not my Panasonic though? 

spud sr's birthday party today.

annoyed isnt right actually, more like mildly horrified by 2 things...

firstly one of his classmates' gift -

20230121_174021.thumb.jpg.435f83220403405d4bd1a88e5d0d0d5b.jpg

its JANUARY!!! where the f did he even get these?!?! (3of them) and if in a shop, what dip5h1t manager has made the decision to start stocking easter eggs already. ****er.

second thing....

while waiting to pay for spud's birthday party bowling a girl, about 13, came in and walked up to the counter, i presumed to ask for a bowling lane, but started chatting to the lady at the desk, shur they know each other. she (the 13yr old) then daid she had big news...

shed bought a car... she was working there! she was therefore at least 17. 🤨🤨🤨🤨 honestly she looked a child!!! i felt physically unwell because of how young she seemed and how old that made me feel 😫😫

(somehow im 40 this year)

23 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

20230121_174021.thumb.jpg.435f83220403405d4bd1a88e5d0d0d5b.jpg

its JANUARY!!! where the f did he even get these?!?! (3of them) and if in a shop, what dip5h1t manager has made the decision to start stocking easter eggs already. ****er.

second thing....

while waiting to pay for spud's birthday party bowling a girl, about 13, came in and walked up to the counter, i presumed to ask for a bowling lane, but started chatting to the lady at the desk, shur they know each other. she (the 13yr old) then daid she had big news...

shed bought a car... she was working there! she was therefore at least 17. 🤨🤨🤨🤨 honestly she looked a child!!! i felt physically unwell because of how young she seemed and how old that made me feel 😫😫

The CMEs might be war surplus from last year 🤣 

Stand aside, grandad, young ones coming through! 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/a4fc2d6bfc22d91d0d4641685bc13eadaa4ba4684a70f54e153d126a94a22cc9/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/20230121_174021.thumb.jpg.435f83220403405d4bd1a88e5d0d0d5b.jpg

second thing....

They were clearing out the shelves to put Easter stuff in just a few days into the new year over here ..

• Crying 1