Sasha’s Octavia vRS

10 minutes ago, arnold said:

Just be very careful with car systems. They sold me a reversing camera to the tune of 260 quid in February which has no end of line coding so its useless. I've emailed rang loads of times and they ignore you so I'm going through the credit card company at the moment for a refund. There are loads of reviews with other people who have had  the same response. 

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

The big box I’ve been waiting for finally arrived today!!

EE383C07-AFD3-40F9-AAC4-C9CAB008F39B.thumb.jpeg.0f28da6d7c19341651a30b8499c7012c.jpeg

The box was a bit overkill it must be said.

Never mind, worth the wait :D

3C0FB451-45D9-4FB3-9783-494B1A3FDD12.thumb.jpeg.b02dce01ed0b725f0de731e3e3e1da50.jpeg

All present and correct including the mudflaps...

7618FBA0-B918-432A-A33C-1397F61B18B3.thumb.jpeg.e74f0d9546390b98947c8afce0712ce4.jpeg

...sill trims...

4F4C1903-C4B7-4296-850A-A99F02C59523.thumb.jpeg.c13123872cc0a16ddb358e69d435ddd5.jpeg

...and most importantly those badges.

7DCF3EED-FBDF-4444-80F2-C111C6F009B3.thumb.jpeg.990e6c1d0d3dc02cdfe6893a906c707a.jpeg

Lovely! Also the bumper trim looks awesome too. Happy happy. Now to fit them all. Have no idea when that will be, my plan for Easter fell by the wayside for various reasons, seems I’m going to have to catch the good weather when I can. I am blocked up with deadlines until the end of the month but after then I may get some time to sort this poor car out.

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 1

Might want to redact the first pic............your name, address and mobile number are evident.

There are a lot of weird people out there (and this forum has its fair share); wouldn't want you getting unnecessary grief from some social misfit.

• Like 1

I fitted the bumper protector last weekend. A bit tricky to get perfect but looks really good.

Black badges maybe my next purchase.

Lee

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mumphie said:

Quite fancy the mudflaps...

Having had a pre-FL without them and now a FL with them, they’re a great purchase.  The amount of crap they catch before it hits the lower bumper on the rear or the sills/doors at the front is unreal.  Makes cleaning much easier. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

Having had a pre-FL without them and now a FL with them, they’re a great purchase.  The amount of crap they catch before it hits the lower bumper on the rear or the sills/doors at the front is unreal.  Makes cleaning much easier. 

But does the car look less sleek with the flaps?

I think so, and will accept a bit of mud and road grime to avoid the ‘Volvo Estate mudflaps look’.....

Each to their own though...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dunc69 said:

I think so, and will accept a bit of mud and road grime to avoid the ‘Volvo Estate mudflaps look’.....

They probably do look a bit grandad spec, but meh.  Less dirt = :biggrin: for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

I dunno - they can make your tyres look wider from the back :biggrin:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Almost invisible! Hopefully the grey has the same effect. Seeing your black Gemini’s makes me think I should keep mine and do them black :)

They work well with the grey Sasha, car needs a was but i'll send you a pic of how the look on the hatchback.

• Like 1

Ideal, put it up on this thread if you like :) I used to be all about clean lines but I cba washing the car every week. Respect to those that manage to find the time and do everything else in life but I can’t fit it all in anymore.

Yes badges are Metal Grey. What we call Quartz Grey :)

Edited by SashaGrace

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

Ideal, put it up on this thread if you like :) I used to be all about clean lines but I cba washing the car every week. Respect to those that manage to find the time and do everything else in life but I can’t fit it all in anymore.

Yes badges are Metal Grey. What we call Quartz Grey :)

I always say gunmetal grey :biggrin:

• Like 1

Should look good those, if the quality of the finish on them in anything like the badges you’ll be really happy. I don’t think I could have got them this good at home myself. They are honestly amazing (I am aware I am preaching to the converted here!!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petunet said:

I don't know, does it?

34279178411_ec424390b6_o.jpg

I’m afraid so. Love the green and undoubtedly a stunning car, but the flaps spoil it for me. 

Each to their own of course. 

• Like 1

Any reason you went for Octavia sill trims and not VRS ones? Presumably these are for the rear? The OCD in me wanted ones that matched the fronts as closely as possible for mine.

• Like 1

Money. The vRS trims for the rear are €50. The Octavia ones are on offer and are €20 for a set of 4. They aren’t quite as nice as the vRS ones in the car though so I’m not sure what to do yet. Will take them out to the car at some point and think about it. 

Original plan was to remove the vRS front ones and use these Octvaia ones all round. We'll see how it goes :D

• Like 1