Sasha’s Octavia vRS

3 hours ago, seanbrady49 said:

@Pittsy did you ever get round to doing this?

I certainly did, got a bit messed up due to a unplanned rain shower, just need to rub it down and blow it over again :cool:

MVIMG_20180422_120700.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pittsy said:

I certainly did, got a bit messed up due to a unplanned rain shower, just need to rub it down and blow it over again :cool:

Why didn't you just remove it can't say it's an improved look IMHO, but style is a very personal thing I suppose.:angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pittsy said:

This is what i want but gonna leave the grey in the V and a red stripe in the R, good job though, what and how did you use?

3 minutes ago, Zippeh said:

Where is the black badge from?

DIY Job, the other black emblems you can find on superskoda, sadly the said there no demand for the front grill badge to do the same.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, seanbrady49 said:

This is what i want but gonna leave the grey in the V and a red stripe in the R, good job though, what and how did you use?

Pretty easy really, loads of automotive masking tape and a big bit of plastic sheet, rub down with wet and dry (various grades until smooth), 2 coats of high build primer, 3 coats of black magic and 2 coats of 2k laquer (recommend wearing a mask when doing the laquer even if you are outside) :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On Thursday I met up with @Fabia_19to do some coding on his lovely Octy and if nothing else I am determined that 19 inch wheels will make their way onto my car at some point. I am hoping to sell my Mercedes shortly and I’ll use some of the money on some nice wheels and tyres.

Obligatory pics of course 

2EF6B660-4BB5-4A84-8C29-9FA296F7B9AC.thumb.jpeg.d2a08e3697aec93ca97320cadb371d20.jpeg

35340055-4167-4247-9B12-ADD2B5823FB0.thumb.jpeg.2e9ea854971c117897993089de0f7be0.jpeg

I can photoshop number plates, but I can’t photoshop my car to be clean, although it has had a quick wash today. Some more goodies are coming soon :D

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

On Thursday I met up with @Fabia_19to do some coding on his lovely Octy and if nothing else I am determined that 19 inch wheels will make their way onto my car at some point. I am hoping to sell my Mercedes shortly and I’ll use some of the money on some nice wheels and tyres.

Obligatory pics of course 

2EF6B660-4BB5-4A84-8C29-9FA296F7B9AC.thumb.jpeg.d2a08e3697aec93ca97320cadb371d20.jpeg

35340055-4167-4247-9B12-ADD2B5823FB0.thumb.jpeg.2e9ea854971c117897993089de0f7be0.jpeg

I can photoshop number plates, but I can’t photoshop my car to be clean, although it has had a quick wash today. Some more goodies are coming soon :D

Thanks again Sasha, extremely happy with the results and have got a lot of inspiration from your car too! 

What other goodies have you got coming?

Cheers 

Oli 

• Like 1

It’s alright, glad you are happy. LED reverse light bulbs are on their way and I might even get around to installing one of the private plates. Still not sure which, but I’ve ordered a set of each to see how I feel as I’ve removed the one off the Mercedes now it is ready for sale :)

On 02/06/2018 at 17:43, SashaGrace said:

But why this millennial fascination with blurring number plates?

#snowflake

• Like 1

It’s not my car. I have left my plates as they are because it doesn’t really bother me. I didn’t ask the question of blurring plates while I was there so I took the liberty of editing them out.

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 1

Thanks :) The colour is really growing on me. I started off a bit meh about it but the more I live with it, the more I like it and I think the black additions really make it. A Quartz car without a black pack isn’t my cup of tea, but I think every colour should have the black pack, so what do I know haha.

Edited by SashaGrace

Quartz Grey and Meteor Grey are the only colors for me, agreed about the black pack, I think it provides just the right amount of black elements to make a difference and really set it off. 

• Like 1

It does, it really does :) 

After coding the TSR on a MIB2 Amundsen and seeing it working off the map data with no issues and no restricted functionality message it got me thinking. My car has a MIB2 Amundsen now but it still has the restriction warnings. I have tried a few things to get rid of it, but nothing is doing. Annoyingly, I can set the A5 module to Navigation MIB1 High (I guess that’s a Columbus) but it won’t accept any of the MIB2 settings, only that one. I did try the car with that setting, but I got a restricted message again, then I remembered I hadn’t installed the nav memory card so I guess the warning is expected. I have set the system to detect without the nav database for now, but still not having any success. I wonder what else needs to be altered to try and get the systems talking. Ideally I’d need VCDS to do an auto scan of my car and someone with VCDS to do an auto scan of a car with a MIB2 Amundsen to compare the 2. I’m pretty sure I’ll be living with the bong, and that’s ok, but I just wonder if there could be a way around it seeing as the media unit is one of the units that shouldn’t have a restriction warning. Obviously the car wasn’t so equipped from new hence my issues I gather.

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

It’s not my car. I have left my plates as they are because it doesn’t really bother me. I didn’t ask the question of blurring plates while I was there so I took the liberty of editing them out.

That seems reasonable to me.

The folk I am less impressed by are the ones who consider it sufficiently important to take the time to obscure their own plate but leave other plates in the same picture in full view.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mumphie said:

Daft question, but did you reset the head unit?

Also, out of interest, what setting did you make to disable the nav speed limits?

I did, yes. Will try again tomorrow with the nav card in place. You have to go into the A5 camera module and alter the road sign detection from road sign fusion to road sign detection. The TSR says database extended on the 5F infotainment module.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I did, yes. Will try again tomorrow with the nav card in place. You have to go into the A5 camera module and alter the road sign detection from road sign fusion to road sign detection. The TSR says database extended on the 5F infotainment module.

Have to admit - I'm always skeptical whether or not TSR is actually detecting signs or just reading from the nav....

• Like 1

On my car it is reading the signs as it never originally had nav and I can’t seem to link the camera and the navigation system. I imagine with the numerous MIB2 swaps that have taken place, there must be some info somewhere. I did find one thread that talked about a firmware upgrade for the A5 camera but it was all a bit smoke and mirrors as to how that comes about.

Mine still has the TSR warning with the Coulmbus MIB2 installed, previously Amundsen MIB1 with Nav. I have VCDS so if you find anything out let me know and i'll try it out. I did do a full scan yesterday and got loads of component protection warnings, guess i'll have to live with those!

• Like 1

Have you tried to tell the A5 camera that you have a MIB2 unit? What would be really handy is if someone could post an auto scan from a car with the A5 camera and a MIB2 Amundsen ideally so I can see what the long coding in both the A5 and the 5F modules should be as I still have a couple of faults from missing data messages etc. I read one thread somewhere on the net that there is a firmware update for the A5 camera to get it to communicate with the infotainment module, but there’s no other info on it. I’m prepared to live with the messages, but I am interested in trying to get the message to go away if possible, or even if there is a warning, if I could get the nav and camera to speak to each other, it would be something. Why I can get the camera to accept that the nav is a MIB1 High (I guess that’s a Columbus) I have no idea.

No, i'll try. I ended up with a pre-coded Columbus from vagtec, it 98% works but via VCDS I get "47-Sound System -- Status: Cannot be reached 0100". I can access 5F/A5 though so i'll see what settings are there.

• Like 1