VAG-COM Software tweaks

FabFabFabia

ATTIVARE LANE ASSIST 

Sensore necessario (A5) sul parabrezza ("Fotocamera multifunzione")
D87D3E1A-77BD-4139-887D-F93D2BDA8B8D.png 

1. Vai al modulo 17 , cruscotto
  2. Inserisci la codifica estesa
  3. Accedi alla modalità byte
  4. Nel byte 4 , attivare il bit 6
  5. Nel byte 11 , attivare il bit 1
  6. Confermare con Visto, codice 25327
  7. Siamo andati al menu Moduli.
  8. -
  9. Passare al modulo A5 , sistema di assistenza alla guida dei sensori anteriori
  10. Inserisci la codifica estesa
  11. Accedi alla modalità byte
  12. Nel byte 16 , attivare il bit 7
  13. Conferma con il Visto.
  14. Ritorna al menu Modulo A5
  15. Inserisci il codice di sicurezza
  16. Inserisci il codice 20103
  17. Inserisci adattamenti
  18. In Personalizzazione BAP , passare da "On" a "Off"
  19. Ritorniamo agli adattamenti.
  20. In intensità di avvertimento. Assistente cambio corsia: passa da "Medio" a "Selezione tramite menu"
  21. In Personaliz. momento dell'intervallo con il terminale 15 on :, verificare che "Ultima regolazione" sia contrassegnato
  22. Siamo andati al menu Moduli.
  23. -
  24. Vai al modulo 5F Informazioni elettroniche.
  25. Inserisci adattamenti
  26. Vai a Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 :
  27. In LDW_HCA_0x19 :, cambia da "Off" a "On"
  28. Conferma con il Visto.
  29. Torna ad Adattamenti
  30. Vai a Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2:
  31. In menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning :, cambia da "Off" a "On"
  32. Confermare con Visto
  33. In menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high :, cambia da "Off" a "On"
  34. Confermare con Visto
  35. Siamo andati al menu Moduli.
  36. -
  37. Passare al modulo 44 Servosterzo.
  38. Inserisci la codifica estesa
  39. Accedi alla modalità byte
  40. Nel byte 3 , attivare il bit 0
  41. Confermare con il visto, codice 19249
  42. Siamo partiti
  43. ---
  44. Riavviare Infotainment tenendo premuta la rotella di accensione per 20 secondi
  45. Attivare nel menu Auto / assistenti al Lane Assist

ALLEGATO: Sembra che siano stati segnalati alcuni casi in cui alla fine del processo è apparso il seguente messaggio: "ASSISTENZA LANE NON DISPONIBILE A QUESTA VOLTA nel Maxidot". 

Coincide che questo è successo con un partner che ha equipaggiato il Park Assist . 
Anche se non sono sicuro al 100% che sia la causa, potrebbe essere così. 

In questo caso, la soluzione è stata fornita facendo un ulteriore passaggio nella codifica, che è la seguente:

46. Vai al modulo 75 Assistenza al parcheggio. 
47. Inserisci esteso codifica
48. byte di accesso modalità 
49. Il byte 3 , attivare il bit 5

Se qualcuno ha esperienza con questo argomento, lascia che lo commentino per condividerlo.

On 08/04/2019 at 07:55, Tezaman said:

buy the car and we will talk about it

Order placed :)

But I really just wanted to know if Lane Assist would be possible with the Traffic Sign Recognition (A5 camera) alone, or is there additional hardware missing that makes this impossible?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find in the Apps menu of OBDeleven the option to activate the road signs recognition :(. My car has lane assist, acc, front assist, light and rain sensors, the 9.2" infotainment system, so, as I understood in these pages, it has all the necessary elements to activate it and that it's only a matter of coding.

Someone who succeded with OBDEleven, can help me please?

Tested Today the new feature. The system works in a fused mode with navigation, meaning that the read road signs overwrite in navigation the speed limits known from the map, if they are different, while the limits known from the map are displayed if no road signs are available, especially when starting yo drive. In any case, both instrument cluster and navigation will display the same value. Great benefit that I can now visualize in Instrument Cluster, of course, the speed limit, even when I don't use the native navigation. I can now also compare it with the speed limits displayed by Waze.

Thinking about the morality and the legality of enabling this feature, by putting myself on the Skoda side, I would say that I invested money to develop it, I request money from customer for it, but with some tool that doesn't belong to me and which, very probably, had unauthorized access to my CAN database, someone managed to enable it and to not pay anything to me. Is it OK? Of course, being such a great feature for a  safer driving, it should have been included by default to the standard equipement, but, unfortunatelly, who ordered my car didn't includ it, even if it would have cost less than 100€ to a car which had a price list of almost 40k €.

20190429_172648.jpg

Edited by Gabi4

Finally got my VCDS adapter upgraded from MicroCan to HEXV2. Now ODIS + VCDS = full set of options available :) 

Looks like Karoq is not  Golf5 family for VCDS anymore , so is it a lot of differences from Sup3 ? 

VCDS.jpg

6 hours ago, Shahoff said:

Finally got my VCDS adapter upgraded from MicroCan to HEXV2. Now ODIS + VCDS = full set of options available :) 

Looks like Karoq is not  Golf5 family for VCDS anymore , so is it a lot of differences from Sup3 ? 

It is similar to Golf Mk7 (MY 17), where my 18.9 cable works fine in both cars 

6 hours ago, irfant said:

It is similar to Golf Mk7 (MY 17), where my 18.9 cable works fine in both cars 

On MY19 Karoq 18.9 do not recognise the Car. 18.9.1 is the answer or 19.40 Beta.

10 hours ago, Shahoff said:

On MY19 Karoq 18.9 do not recognise the Car. 18.9.1 is the answer or 19.40 Beta.

Always use software that is newer than the car itself.

I received my OBD11 earlier this week and have managed to implement some nice changes including:

Traffic sign recognition, auto high beam (light assist), mirror dip, acoustic confirmation of lock/unlock, disable the beeping when opening the driver door with the key in, allow windows to close with the key removed, enabled rear DRLs, needle sweep, changed the number of indicator flashes (comfort indication), add the number of litres to fill the tank in the information screen, increase a/c power, show fan speed when on auto mode.

I'm still messing around with the fogs as cornering lights but so far pleased with the outcome!

This forum topic was useful when used with google translate (not ideal but manageable).

https://www.clubskodakaroq.es/threads/codificaciones-obdeleven-procesos-verificados.719/#post-18209

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Woodsie said:

I received my OBD11 earlier this week and have managed to implement some nice changes including:

Traffic sign recognition, auto high beam (light assist), mirror dip, acoustic confirmation of lock/unlock, disable the beeping when opening the driver door with the key in, allow windows to close with the key removed, enabled rear DRLs, needle sweep, changed the number of indicator flashes (comfort indication), add the number of litres to fill the tank in the information screen, increase a/c power, show fan speed when on auto mode.

I'm still messing around with the fogs as cornering lights but so far pleased with the outcome!

This forum topic was useful when used with google translate (not ideal but manageable).

https://www.clubskodakaroq.es/threads/codificaciones-obdeleven-procesos-verificados.719/#post-18209

Can the acoustic confirmation of lock/unlock be done on the Karoq Edition? I'd love someone to do this to my Edition, together with needle sweep and increased A/C power.

30 minutes ago, FabFabFabia said:

Can the acoustic confirmation of lock/unlock be done on the Karoq Edition? I'd love someone to do this to my Edition, together with needle sweep and increased A/C power.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for the edition, I have an SE Tech but I didn’t see anything to suggest they wouldn’t be compatible.

6 hours ago, Woodsie said:

I actually got traffic sign recognition as it adds the A5 camera and plan to add lane assist. Do you know if that would be possible?

Also, which ODBeleven device did you go for? There are too many options on the site to know what is needed!

Edited by kerbero5

3 hours ago, kerbero5 said:

I actually got traffic sign recognition as it adds the A5 camera and plan to add lane assist. Do you know if that would be possible?

Also, which ODBeleven device did you go for? There are too many options on the site to know what is needed!

I believe so, once you have the high quality camera you can add lane assist. The instructions are on the link I posted. 

I went for the ‘standard’ version, actually got mine from amazon but doesn’t matter too much. I then paid for the pro upgrade which enables the long/extended coding which pretty much all of the tweaks require. So all in all about £43 for the device and about £22 for the pro upgrade directly from the Voltas website (code activated). 

On 01/02/2019 at 05:48, irfant said:

I've requested the coding from the ICE dealer, as follows:

Select Control unit 52 (Türelektr. Beifahr.)
Control unit Long Coding
Byte 04
Bit 2-Activate
Bit 3-Activate
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(15) Access Control 2-Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt
Value=Active
(20) Access Control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung
Value=Active

I did the presider as described in the manual

Back to the same topic. I have MY2019 Karoq WITH heated front seats.  Unit 52 bits 2 and 3 coding accepted , however I cannot find in Adaptation for Unit 09  - AccessControl  section at all or any mentioning of t he "Spiegel"  at all :(   

Anyone get lucky to enable MY2019 Karoq mirror dive ?

21 hours ago, FabFabFabia said:

Yes, I have done a couple.

Cable is really PITA

2017 MY Seat Ateca did not accept any coding. Cable version is 18.9   :( 

But it fully worked on 2015 MY Seat Ibiza 

You can’t blame the cable,

things have moved on a lot since the introduction of the MQB, there is just too much info on the car for the older cables to handle. 

I retrofitted my A5 Front camera , and recently i calibrate it  successfully , 

High Beam Assist is working wonderfully 

Traffic Sign Assit Working wonderfully 

Lane assist is not , "Currently unavailable"   

I followed the proper VCDS instructions , but is not working , 

Is there anyone with A5 camera installed , wich can provide the Coding from VCDS.(scan)

in order to find the deference's 

I am also purchased a Virtual Cockpit , any info about how to retrofitted using ODIS , is welcomed 

Edited by Tezaman

On 4/5/2019 at 12:44, Woodsie said:

Recibí mi OBD11 a principios de esta semana y lo he implementado para implementar algunos cambios agradables que incluyen:

Reconocimiento de señales de tráfico, luz alta automática (asistente de luz), inclinación del espejo, bloqueo / desbloqueo acústico, deshabilita los pitidos al abrir la puerta del conductor, permite que las ventanas se cierren con la llave quitada, DRL posterior habilitado, barrido con aguja , cambió el número de destellos del indicador (indicación de confort), aumente el número de veces que el tanque en la pantalla, aumente la potencia del aire acondicionado, muestre la velocidad del ventilador cuando está en modo automático.

Todavía estoy jugando con las nieblas como luces de curva, ¡pero estoy satisfecho con el resultado!

Este foro fue útil cuando se usó con el traductor de google (no es ideal pero manejable).

I'm glad that the information from our Spanish forum was good for you. :thumbup:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crapula said:

I'm glad that the information from our Spanish forum was good for you. :thumbup:

I tried to post a question to Spanish forum but I did not succeed 

• Like 1

I retrofitted a A5 Front camera , and recently i calibrate it  successfully , 

High Beam Assist is working wonderfully 

Traffic Sign Assit Working wonderfully 

Lane assist is not , "Currently unavailable"