Delivery times

cjrp

8 hours ago, theoldbill said:

How do you get the build week numbers?  Is it just if you order from a Skoda dealer?

We have placed an order through a leasing company and havent received a BW.

I got mine from the Skoda live chat (bottom right of the page, http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us) - I didn't even have an order number and they were able to find me by name and address.

1 hour ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Dealer finally got back to me a couple of days later than he said he would.  No news still.  Frustrating to say the least. 

Call Skoda CS direct or get your dealer to call them, that's the only way I got an update.

I cant believe the dealers dont get updated with this info.

03330 037504

27 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Call Skoda CS direct or get your dealer to call them, that's the only way I got an update.

I cant believe the dealers dont get updated with this info.

03330 037504

Thanks

He said he spoke to Retailer Support - is that the same thing?

Edited by sexdrugskaroqnroll

24 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Thanks

He said he spoke to Retailer Support - is that the same thing?

Not sure. I suppose they can all see the same info.

I just prefer to hear it from them directly.

Once you speak to them they keep you updated as well, albeit only weekly.

I'm due an update next Thursday, hopefully that its finally on its way.

34 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Not sure. I suppose they can all see the same info.

I just prefer to hear it from them directly.

Once you speak to them they keep you updated as well, albeit only weekly.

I'm due an update next Thursday, hopefully that its finally on its way.

The last person I spoke to at Skoda directly was so awful, I'd rather not go through it again.  Feeling rather despondent about the whole thing currently (I think I may just need beer!) so will leave it the weekend.  We always said we'd give it two weeks before deciding whether or not to be sensible and stick with it or go wild and pull the plug, but would of course mean starting all over again.  It's been one week and there are others on here who have had good news filtering through and currently I'm still of a mind to be patient and wait our turn.  Had just hoped to end the week on a higher note. 

1 hour ago, Nemutai said:

I’m going down the PCH route. As I’m not going to be the owner, (VW finance will be), will I be able to get updates from Skoda CS do you think?

I ordered my PCH Karoq on the 19th Jan and it is still unconfirmed as BW19 and this is from 13th Feb. Others have ordered their cars after me and are getting them shortly.  It had better be worth the wait.

Just to add some good news, having posted about a 3 week delay I have had a further update today bringing the build week forwards 4 weeks so am now a week in front of the original estimate. Build is the week 9th April

• Like 1

An update. My dealer told me that my Karoq is build - as expected. Next step is transportation to Denmark. ETA week 14 :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

The last person I spoke to at Skoda directly was so awful, I'd rather not go through it again.  Feeling rather despondent about the whole thing currently (I think I may just need beer!) so will leave it the weekend.  We always said we'd give it two weeks before deciding whether or not to be sensible and stick with it or go wild and pull the plug, but would of course mean starting all over again.  It's been one week and there are others on here who have had good news filtering through and currently I'm still of a mind to be patient and wait our turn.  Had just hoped to end the week on a higher note. 

I feel the same, I am on the verge of given up on it and cancelling, nothing seems to move, I get the same message, customer service and relations is rubbish, and that is the kindest words I can give them!! I will give the  2 weeks at the most I am also going into my dealer next week to see what they are doing to help.

Hasn't anyone tried the CEO route, either/both SUK or VAG?

They won't personally respond, but they should have Executive Office teams who will, and can kick ar5e. If there's a delay beyond their control, there's a delay - but to be vague about it is unforgivable. This is, for most of us, the second biggest purchase we'll make after our homes!

My experience is we've probably done better than the order estimate, but trying to get updates and responses from the dealer has been a pain.

We should have the car next week. Can I wait for the Sales Director to come over to tell us how important it is for them to get a 5* rating from us?

Nope. I can't wait.

BTW, any business worth its salt will have a social team who can and should pick up issues and get answers. I don't do ****ter, but I've had good results from FB. 

sexdrugskaroqnroll and karman, perfectly understand your feelings.. went through similar emotions last week until I was told this week that mine is build.. I can see it is really moving but at Skoda's pace... hang in there.. after all you've waited this long.. I was in the verge of cancelling last week !!!!

26 minutes ago, Karman said:

Eagerforupdate, is yours finished built or like mine all built except for the rear seats?

Got the update that build is completed this week and rear seats are sorted. I had posted this update earlier, having said this an not to believe anything until I get the keys!

3 hours ago, Cd1yat said:

Just to add some good news, having posted about a 3 week delay I have had a further update today bringing the build week forwards 4 weeks so am now a week in front of the original estimate. Build is the week 9th April

Can I ask when you ordered your car & what you're having?

I ordered 27th Feb & my dealer told me last week that it was BW18 but had been brought forward 3 weeks, so same BW as yourself. However when I messaged Skoda Uk through Facebook, they said "unconfirmed BW18". 

Edited by anna_banana
added comments

My update today from the case manager for my BW8 Edition is basically no movement.  Car still at exit port awaiting assignment to ship.  Been there since Tuesday.  Hoping to be shipped next week but its highly doubtful I'll get it by Easter now even with the promised priority delivery from Sheerness.

I ordered mine on the 18th Feb, so a week and a bit  before you, I spoke to Skoda today and have an "unconfirmed BW16" which matches what the dealer told me about delivery being 12 weeks. Your BW18 sounds about right.

2 hours ago, anna_banana said:

Can I ask when you ordered your car & what you're having?

I ordered 27th Feb & my dealer told me last week that it was BW18 but had been brought forward 3 weeks, so same BW as yourself. However when I messaged Skoda Uk through Facebook, they said "unconfirmed BW18". 

It's a bit more complicated for me, I am leading through a broker and the order sat on a desk for a couple of weeks after it was placed mid Jan. It's a 2.0 SE L DSG 4x4

4 hours ago, Karman said:

I feel the same, I am on the verge of given up on it and cancelling, nothing seems to move, I get the same message, customer service and relations is rubbish, and that is the kindest words I can give them!! I will give the  2 weeks at the most I am also going into my dealer next week to see what they are doing to help.

I would be kicking up a right stink, spending £20k + on a car to then being treated like that. That is crazy and I can’t think of a business where treating their customers like crap is seen as positive. 

I would ask ask for higher management or send an e-mail/letter to explain the situation and that I am not happy after spending a lump of money on a car to have a rubbish experience in the building process. 

Im sure that would kick up a stink and correct your issues, maybe even a good will gesture for good measure. 

5 hours ago, Karman said:

I think patience is still worthwhile, but if I’m  still at no further info next Thursday then I’m going to start get quotes elsewhere.  However, as eagerforupdate says when news arrives the negativity will go. For the minute the excitement of getting the car is overshadowed, but a simple delivery date will alleviate that. 

33 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

I think patience is still worthwhile, but if I’m  still at no further info next Thursday then I’m going to start get quotes elsewhere.  However, as eagerforupdate says when news arrives the negativity will go. For the minute the excitement of getting the car is overshadowed, but a simple delivery date will alleviate that. 

The thing is, I am now not only lost any excitement in the car but any interest too. Made worse by the experience of Skoda Uk and others ordering after us and seemingly getting their cars before us.

Will you go for other make of car?

Edited by Karman

6 hours ago, Karman said:

The thing is, I am now not only lost any excitement in the car but any interest too. Made worse by the experience of Skoda Uk and others ordering after us and seemingly getting their cars before us.

Will you go for other make of car?

I know, it’s very frustrating. Really just a case of keeping cool and hoping for the best this coming week - others are getting delivered so ours will be ready soon. 

If it gets to having to cancel with no end in sight then yes I would look at other brands. Hoping that’s not going to be necessary though.