Delivery times

cjrp

I am due to pick up my Karoq on Thursday. 

Timeline :

Ordered 19/1/18

Estimated handover 19/4/18

Build Week 13

Actual (hopefully!!) handover 26/4/18

A week late - think myself lucky! 

Not heard any mention from my dealer regarding Phonebox issues. In fact I have heard very little from him at all.

@Murph-E I had no choice in the reg number. Salesman woke up and e mailed it through for me to use on the Skoda 5 day insurance. Gave me an incorrect reg no. Cancelled 5 day policy and had it re-issued.... Double check anything? What in these "cut and paste" times? Nah.

Not signed anything yet.

I’m buoyed by all this positivity! (The several bottles of beer and several glasses of wine are also helping.. good lord the word positivity is hard to spell after a few..) I’m going to think on the upside that our Karoq is also on that ship. 

Need to work out what to spend my £100 ‘goodwill’ gesture on. If Skoda UK phone me tomorrow I’m going to ask for one of those nice looking Skoda bikes from the brochures :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Murph-E said:

Got call from my dealer today with the great news mine could be ready by the end of the week, worst case Monday so all good here. 

On another note. How long after signing and returning the confirmation of registration form were you all able to search for your registration plate when comparing insurance? I signed and emailed mine back yesterday but still unable to search by registration plate.

You can click on the option to specify the car rather than use the registration number. I've had my registration for over a week, but the car is not at the dealer yet - I've still managed to get insurance quotes.

2 hours ago, Luckypants said:

You can click on the option to specify the car rather than use the registration number. I've had my registration for over a week, but the car is not at the dealer yet - I've still managed to get insurance quotes.

I did exactly the same, my Dealer emailed me the finance documents to sign with the reg and VIN number on and I got quotes that way also had to use the vehicle description to swap my insurance over as the REG was not coming up on their system !

Well paid a visit to the dealer today as my PCH with Honda terminates 23rd June. Now on unconfirmed build week 21 with a due date for delivery on the 29th. I have said that as I am reliant on a car for work what would they be prepared to do. Not to worried about a week but beyond that, well my job would be at risk. 

He took great pains that they would keep me running. 

Car is a 1.6 diesel SEL metallic with only one option ACC.

If necessary I’ll take used one on PCH as there are a number around the dealers. Never no could end up with an Edition by way of compensation if the worse happened.

congratulations to those that have been sweating and cursing and now about to receive their Karoq 

In my case I have to say the dealer. I believe mine was as much in the dark as I was most of the time. What I found frustrating was the lack of reliable information and I think dealers are struggling with the same problem. If only Skoda’s PR was as good as the cars things would be fine. I can’t help wondering how much of this problem is being caused by the parent group, which seems to have a track record of  treating customers with disdain, eg dieselgate and the way VAG diesel car owners were treated. It took well over a year for my last car to be given the fix for the emissions  scam and I never saw a decent apology.

• Like 1

Useful Tenchfisher, thanks. Skoda Uk today told me the car was still on the boat, though dealer thought we’d be done by the end of the month. 

Optimist says believe the dealer - pessimist says he’s telling me what I want to hear.  Need to speak to him again tomorrow (emailed him on Monday and no reply).

I would add in terms of VAG: I bought my TT as a new car two years ago and the service was top notch from the dealer. 

Edited by sexdrugskaroqnroll

42 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Who in people’s experience have been more reliable in terms of current situation - the dealers or Skoda uk? 

I cant fault my dealer at any stage. There was nothing they could do about the 6 week seat delay.

My car only arrived with them this afternoon and I already have the registration number and sorted all the documentation out.

I pick the car up on Friday morning so they have done a great job of turning the car around for me.

Skoda on the other hand have been very frustrating to deal with.

They had such a care free attitude to the delays I’ve had, even when I told them I no longer have a car all I got was “sorry, nothing we can do about a courtesy car”.

The only good thing is that the woman dealing with my case did actually call me back at the time agreed each week.

I have to agree with the others, and I’ve always said the dealer wasn’t to blame when my car was delayed with lack of rear seats, the dealer wasn’t told anything of what was going on with the seats from Skoda UK. 

• Like 1

My Karoq arrived at the dealers today and is ready to be picked up tomorrow but I can make it until Sunday lol bet the days drag in now.

Thanks to the guys that replied to my reg number question. All sorted for Sunday now.

Have to say I had no communication from the dealer at all -- my only way of ever tracking the car was with Skoda up in Milton Keynes and I found them always quite helpful.  I know that is not everyones experience here but you can only speak as you find.  

1 hour ago, ARTURO-B said:

Have to say I had no communication from the dealer at all -- my only way of ever tracking the car was with Skoda up in Milton Keynes and I found them always quite helpful.  I know that is not everyones experience here but you can only speak as you find.  

I have found the same. I used Skoda online chat was fast and precise.

It seems too much trouble for a dealer to stay in touch.

Well we had a brief chat this morning. He’s said he’d sort a car out for us for next week as the part ex has all its bills coming in as of 30th. So that’s good, hoping for a kodiaq expecting a citigo... 

Provisional but sounds realistic date of 5th May handover. Apparently work on the phone box issue has already been completed hence further delay.  

Getting there guys. 

• Like 1

I ordered Skoda Karok 1.5 TSI DSG edition, buisness grey, with park assist, assitance pack 1 , auto light assist, heated front creen on 26th March18, I got an email from my dealer that factory has so far designated provisonal built week 20 (which may fluctuate on either side by few weeks?)  if it is BW20 than can expect delivery betn mid to end of June, everything dealers say I take it with a pinch of salt, any comments plaese are rhese realistic dates ? Thanks

8 hours ago, ARTURO-B said:

Clearly some dealers are better than others.

The process from first ordering right through to delivery really is quite straightforward and detailed by codes at the various stages, each such code being readily accessible by a dealer, and hopefully is conveyed to you as the customer to keep you informed.

Thus:

Code 00 = Order sent from Dealer to SUK, accepted and registered with Škoda CZ

Code10 = Factory Ordered – Production Week Unconfirmed

Code 20 = Production Week Confirmed

Code 30 = Vehicle Built & In Transit from Factory to Port – usually Emden

Code 40 = Vehicle on Ship

Code 50 = Arrived at UK Port of Entry

Code 60 = Vehicle awaiting/being transported to Dealer

Code 70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

5ae1ee10ac390_SkodaOrder-Delivery.thumb.jpg.36eed35999e45431b57762723d65bd0e.jpg

• Thanks 2

Thanks Arkaig. Very useful. My dealer advised me of Codes 10, 20, and 30, so seems to have been more communicative than some.

I still think SUK themselves should have a *proper* tracking app, as every other VAG brand appears to have already.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dratuk said:

Well paid a visit to the dealer today as my PCH with Honda terminates 23rd June. Now on unconfirmed build week 21 with a due date for delivery on the 29th. I have said that as I am reliant on a car for work what would they be prepared to do. Not to worried about a week but beyond that, well my job would be at risk. 

He took great pains that they would keep me running. 

Car is a 1.6 diesel SEL metallic with only one option ACC.

If necessary I’ll take used one on PCH as there are a number around the dealers. Never no could end up with an Edition by way of compensation if the worse happened.

congratulations to those that have been sweating and cursing and now about to receive their Karoq 

When did you order your car if you don't mind me asking

Response from Skoda MD PA from an email I sent him yesterday lodging a complaint about the process as a whole and how we feel we’ve been a bit let down and the goodwill gesture. Been sent off to the complaints team as a priority apparently. 

Nice of them to reply. Will see what if any outcome there is. 

In other news - registration plate options arrived earlier. 

Edited by sexdrugskaroqnroll
  • Like 1

Great post on the delivery codes.

If only I had had this information when discussing delays with Skoda Live Chat.Ordered January;got caught up in 'Seatgate' then everything took max times within process.

Anyway car is in my hands today.Electronic options on car daunting but tomorrow's drive is something I'm looking forward to.

Finance process much more simplified than a decade ago.

• Like 1

I’m new to this forum and am astounded by the variance in order dates, build weeks, transportation through Germany to a UK port (even those seem to vary), delivery to dealer and eventually collection by customer.
Please call me naive if my expectation was for more consistency for everyone.
Doesn’t someone in Skoda UK HQ access these forums (or is that fora?!!) to get a sense of the frustration?

This is my first Skoda experience (after Mercedes, Toyota and Audi..I’ve forgotten the Lancia bit) and the dealer in Epsom, Surrey could not have been more helpful, in fact my 1.5 TSI EDITION arrived for collection approx 3 weeks earlier than predicted by the really professional sales person.
The vehicle was ordered in wk 7, built wk 12, registered in UK wk 15, collected from dealer wk 17. 
10 weeks, not bad it seems. Nuff said, happy bunny!

But I do feel for many who seem to have been right royalty mucked about (that’s the polite version) by some dealers and in a number of cases by Skoda UK. Quite appalling in my view.

Re phone charger, dealer deactivated it, will send news when next steps clearer. Doesn’t really affect me, iPhone 6 doesn’t have wireless charging and I’m not updating just for that feature!

PS Re good/bad dealers, I’m still awaiting a phone call from the salesman at Lookers in Brentford who promised in early December, having taken my contact details, to phone me as soon as they had delivery of a Karoq for a test drive. I went in again in early January, he repeated his commitment. Nada.
To be avoided.