Delivery times

cjrp

Mine also ordered from Mitchells, a few weeks after yours but, maybe, just maybe, it was on the same boat !

I too have ordered from Mitchell's Skoda, hopefully there are enough of their customer orders to fill a transporter, hopefully. It's been a long wait but don't think it'll be too long now.

13 hours ago, JKW said:

Mine also ordered from Mitchells, a few weeks after yours but, maybe, just maybe, it was on the same boat !

Have just "spoken" with the ever helpful Skoda Live Chat, who informed me that my Edition is still in port at Emden ! Doh, but at least I know.  

I ordered 1.5 DSG edition with drive assist , light assist, park assist and heated screen on 26th March was alloctaed bw20 eventually confirmed to bw24 starting 1tth June.  I chatted skod uk on line and they said my car have arrived at dealers (lookers) on 6th July, but dealers have not contacted me yet , inspite of me emailing them,however cannot collect it till 21st July because I am away on holidays, looking forward to my buisness grey edition!

Edited by prokaryotic
incomplete

4 hours ago, prokaryotic said:

I ordered 1.5 DSG edition with drive assist , light assist, park assist and heated screen on 26th March was alloctaed bw20 eventually confirmed to bw24 starting 1tth June.  I chatted skod uk on line and they said my car have arrived at dealers (lookers) on 6th July, but dealers have not contacted me yet , inspite of me emailing them,however cannot collect it till 21st July because I am away on holidays, looking forward to my buisness grey edition!

Business grey? Yay! :) Good choice of colour, if I may say so! 

for you guys still waiting, it will be worth it, its a great car, much more refined that my outgoing Qashqai !, well done Skoda, if their new baby SUV is anywhere near as good as this it will fly out of the showrooms when its released !

Hi folks

My 1.0 TSI DSG SEL in Emerald Green with options will  be with dealer tomorrow, picking up on 16th July, 9 weeks from ordering, but 10 weeks on collection

1 hour ago, don_kiddik said:

Hi folks

My 1.0 TSI DSG SEL in Emerald Green with options will  be with dealer tomorrow, picking up on 16th July, 9 weeks from ordering, but 10 weeks on collection

You did well! Same car but in Petrol Blue current expectations 18 weeks  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dunks said:

You did well! Same car but in Petrol Blue current expectations 18 weeks  

10 hours ago, don_kiddik said:

Hi folks

Very well....24 weeks from signing to collecting.  V good car though.

On 05/07/2018 at 19:38, Raymondo111 said:

This really takes the biscuit!! what the hell is happening with the VAG Group, previous experience with Seat and VW were excellent but my plan to buy a 1.5TSI Edition DSG seems to have hit the skids, nobody seems to know what is going on, deliveries are all over the place and they don't seem to be handling the WTLP process very well. The latest price list dated 3/7/18 is still showing all the models including the Edition 1.5TSI but AFAIK this has be discontinued I like many people are very disappointed with the way that Skoda UK are handling the whole debacle, so much so that I have arranged a test drive in a Peugeot 3008 with the equivalent spec of the Karoq Edition which is in the same ball park on leasing costs. Current lead-times are approx 2 months but Peugeot are updating their petrol engines and auto boxes from October build to Euro 6.2 so if I do opt for the Peugeot this is what I will get. As much as I wanted to get a Karoq Skoda UK have really [email protected]@sed me off and probably won't be getting my business.  

I feel your pain. I was in the same situation Skoda seem to be all over the place. Ended up buying a new Mazda. Their approach is three trim variations with each one up the scale getting more kit. One petrol engine, one diesel engine, manual or auto. Process is pick variation, pick colour, pick interior colour and their is only one option on the top spec to add. The result is they have a set amount of variations to build which they base numbers on market research. I did my "build" and the dealer checked the next shipping and found one to match which was already on a ship. Time from order to taking delivery - five weeks. Keeping production simple seems to pay off. And my trade in was much better than Skoda. Sorry Skoda I really wanted to replace my Superb with another Skoda but your mess took all the pleasure of ordering a new car away. 

We ordered our KAROQ SE L 2.0 TDI 150ps 4x4, in Meteor Grey, the middle of March. It has only just now been delivered to the dealers in Carlisle. The delay has been with a worldwide shortage of Alcantara upholstery. 

2 hours ago, Bob111962 said:

Ordered my karoq beginning of April expecting it delivered 13/7 just to be told date put back to the 20/7   3 days notice , extremely annoyed

Welcome to the forum Bob!

Will you be without a car for the extra week?

2 hours ago, Bob111962 said:

Ordered my karoq beginning of April expecting it delivered 13/7 just to be told date put back to the 20/7   3 days notice , extremely annoyed

I had my 10am collection cancelled at 8:30am the same day, so could be worse! I at least got a courtesy car out of them.

1 hour ago, Bob111962 said:

Yep bus and begging a lift for work

Oh dear thats a pain.

My Karoq was a week late, but as I was trading my previous car in the timing wasn't critical for me.

My first post on this forum.

I ordered my Karoq on 28 February - a 1.5 SE DSG with options and it was originally allocated to build week 21.  I was subsequently emailed to say that the build would be delayed by about 4 weeks.  I went to see the dealer last week to check up on some details and for another test drive.  Now it seems the build has been deferred to MY19 with no date allocated.  The salesman's best estimate is that it should arrive around the end of September.   He said that the factory had now closed for the annual break and when the line re-opened, it would be producing MY19 cars.

I have a car to trade in so the delay is not really an issue unless it affects the amount I have to pay to change - a subject which, so far, has not been discussed.

Best get discussing then. You need to get something signed by your salesman or Dealership to state what trade in that will give you; will they honour the trade in agreed prior to the delay of your vehicle, or is it open to renegotiation? 

Your vehicle is losing value, someone has to take the hit, it just has to be decided whether it is to be you or the Dealership. Don't be fobbed off if they say they'll discuss that nearer the time of the delivery of the vehicle, it will be too late by then to do anything about it. 

I had such a terrible experience when dealing with two Skoda salesmen, I ended up buying via a broker. One wouldn't even consider arranging a test drive until he considered I was serious enough about buying the vehicle. 

1 hour ago, Teds said:

I have a car to trade in so the delay is not really an issue unless it affects the amount I have to pay to change - a subject which, so far, has not been discussed.

From my experience the dealer set the price of the trade-in upon ordering even though the car was due in 13 weeks time. It actually took 14 weeks and the price was honoured as it was Skodas fault. 

Thanks for the advice.  I hope OldKaroq is right.  The price was certainly factored in when they expected to see the car in June.  I think I need to bring this up when the build week is known and we know with reasonable certainty when the car trade in will happen.

15 hours ago, The Zee said:

I feel your pain. I was in the same situation Skoda seem to be all over the place. Ended up buying a new Mazda. Their approach is three trim variations with each one up the scale getting more kit. One petrol engine, one diesel engine, manual or auto. Process is pick variation, pick colour, pick interior colour and their is only one option on the top spec to add. The result is they have a set amount of variations to build which they base numbers on market research. I did my "build" and the dealer checked the next shipping and found one to match which was already on a ship. Time from order to taking delivery - five weeks. Keeping production simple seems to pay off. And my trade in was much better than Skoda. Sorry Skoda I really wanted to replace my Superb with another Skoda but your mess took all the pleasure of ordering a new car away. 

Well, test drive was completed today and I have to say that I was very impressed, the Peugeot 3008 in GT Premium spec is extremely good value and is a regular production model, from my perspective as much as I wanted a Karoq Skoda's decision to stop the Edition has seriously affected my buying decision. I won't be making a decision until the end of this month when hopefully the dust settles and I can see what's on offer for MY19 and then compare the 3008 and Karoq, I tend to lease my car's as it's cost effective for me rather than going outright purchase or PCP so I normally change car's every 2 years.

I have been following this thread for weeks and will continue to do so to gauge how other peoples buying experience is panning out, good luck to everybody who has ordered a Karoq and I hope the delivery situation improves.  

Latest we've heard from our dealer (who is sticking to finance deal agreed in March re P/ex etc.) is that any Karoq's ordered now and not in Dealer Stock, have build time delivery estimate of 47 weeks! Perhaps our 2018 Karoqs will be a rarity? Have been sent a video of ours by the dealer to prove it's actually IN.

TEDS, Unless your options included Alcantara upholstery upgrade, or the vario-flex rear seats (both in short supply), your's shouldn't have been so badly affected. If not being registered until September it will have been delayed by the brand new WLTP emissions etc. testing regime required for all new cars as from September. Any cars delivered before September but not registered by 1st September will have to be SCRAPPED by the dealer if haven't passed these new tests.  Expect to see a glut of pre-registered zero mileage cars on the forecourt this Autumn?