Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/12/2019 at 16:13, bigade1 said:

Once again, here's my latest customised version of EU Speedcams ( December, 2019 ) . For information purposes - this version contains EU speed cameras which are split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or audibly alert you. Enjoy!

EU Speedcams December 2019.zip 3.97 MB · 21 downloads

thanks

On 17/02/2018 at 13:02, bigade1 said:

Step 1. Install the free VW Pre Compiled Database located on the download section of this site to your PC: 

https://free-speed-cam-updates.web2diz.net/

Step 2. Unzip/extract the files on your PC and copy the contents of the resulting folder onto a SD card.

( Important points to note: Only copy the contents of the main folder i.e. Do not copy the resulting extracted folder named Volkswagen PersonalPOI - just copy the contents that are displayed inside that folder which is a folder named PersonalPOI and a metainfo2.txt file. Delete the readme.txt file as well as that is unnecessary. Also further note that despite trying to use 2 different usb sticks unsuccessfully only an sd card would work for me. I used the sd card which contains my music files but remember to delete the copied files off afterwards as sometimes they may prevent your music from playing and they are no longer required as they have been copied to the internal memory of the Amundsen ).

Step 3. Using the "manage memory option" of the nav settings upgrade the software.

Step 4. In the "map" settings chose poi categories, scroll to the bottom and the newly added items should be displayed there. Tick these to activate them.

Step 5.  In the "nav announcement" settings of the nav settings make sure that there is a tick in the "My POI" item. This enables an audible speedcam alert.

To sum up - it's pretty easy to do and it's free and there are monthly updates on the site. On the downside - I'm not sure how reliable and up to date the database is as I've already had to manually edit and remove an out of date camera from my location. IMO the audible alert is a bit feeble and can't be changed but it's better than nothing. I'm not too fussed on the camera icons either. 

I hope this post is of help to others and I would like to thank the contributors of the other threads regarding this topic on this forum from whom I have gained my insight.

I have compiled my own version with my preferred choice of speedcam icons limited to UK fixed cameras and traffic light cameras using the VW database on the above site which I've attached below to share if anyone wants them. Remember to only copy the files as per the above instructions.  

My Uk Speedcams.zip

Hi there,

I have a question: that speed camera database good for Audi MMI system or do you have aother program/database for Audi A4 MMI system ? 

Best Regards

Does anyone know if the Speed Camera Icons would be displayed on the Skoda Connect Sat Nav version? I’m getting a bit fed up with the out of date traffic updates on the standard version but wouldn’t want to lose the Icons!

• 2 weeks later...

So i might have run the update file from the 'Version Information' sub menu and then update, it seemed to find the file on the SD card ok and said it updated, will this have messed anything up?  

Also is there a way to tell if the update has been applied is there a version number or something?

Edited by BlockABoots

• 1 month later...

It's time again for my latest customised version of EU Speedcams ( February, 2020 ). For information purposes - this version contains EU speed cameras which are split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or audibly alert you. Enjoy!

EU Speedcams February, 2020.zip

Edited by bigade1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3